Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

8.5/10

7/10

9/10

While not as good as the first two , it's not a bad film , I enjoyed it and it was head and shoulders above the alien vs predator films, mind it was badly edited as it's was obvious that a lot had been cut and it was quite jarring at times, ie one moment they get in a van to rescue someone halfway across the country and the next scene they have arrived. It has plenty of gore and a bunch of interesting characters , whom sadly seemed to have a lot of stuff cut, also strangely when I booked tickets it said the film was a 12A but when it started the rating was a 15. Let's hope we get a director's cut when this arrives on blu ray. 7/10
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Minority Report. Tom Cruise is a cop in the future responsible for arresting would-be murderers when their future kills are predicted by a trio of telepaths known as the "Pre-cogs". But things go haywire when the next would-be killer to be identified is himself... Steven Spielberg's early 2000s science fiction action-thriller has stood up very well, and is still very entertaining and gripping.
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Space Truckers (1996, Stuart Gordon)
Dennis Hopper. Debi Mazar. Stephen Dorff. Hooked? Killer robots then?? . Reasonable scifi romp. There's some sex. Hopper plays to his strengths. Decent FX.

Count Arthur's Forgotten Egypt.
One of the Count's earlier outings. Thrill as he struggles to remember which show he's actually doing .. Shakespeare or ... guess? . With character comedians ... you either 'get it' or not I find. Delaney's drunken has been teetering on the outer shores of showbiz is a joy to behold. His 'puppet act' an inspired piece of mime .

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th September 2018, 01:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Them 1954.

After testing nuclear bombs, the radiation exposure causes ants to grow into gigantic sizes and attacks the population.

This is one of those 50s B movies that's still pretty enjoyable to watch, with no CGI, but for a film of the era the creature effects were good, none of the cheap goofy type, there was money well spent on this. From the start with a lonely child walking in the desert helped give it its eerily tone to full suspense from the actors help makes the film go at a great pace. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Them02.jpg (32.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 24th September 2018, 08:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It was one of the first 'creature features' ... plus it's a Warner film. The ones that followed were 'cheaper' certainly ...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th September 2018, 11:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Black Sunday.

Princess Asa(Barbara Steel) and her boyfriend are condemed as witches and sentenced to death, with Asa being branded and having a mask nailed to her face before she dies. Moving on 200 years a couple of doctor chaps stumble across her tomb and unwittingly bring her back from the dead to wreak revenge on her ancesters .

This is one beautiful looking film shot in black and white with lots of the old style gothic look that i like so much in all the old Hammer and Vincent price films. the spooky castle and crypts misty forests and gravestones all look creepy and give loads of atmosphere.
And actress Barbara Steele is very good in her double role as the evil Princess Asa and the virginal Katia who Asa hopes to possess and corrupt.

Overall i rate this one a lot and award it 91.5 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg la_maschera_del_demonio_01.jpg (50.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 24th September 2018, 11:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Exactly. However you don't get that feeling of danger in CGI action scenes. Perhaps because they tend to go that bit OTT with CGI meaning you generally have to suspend disbelief.

Having said that there's a terrific CGI car chase through Paris in GI Joe. The best thing about that film.
I don't like CGI at all and would rather watch old school action scenes like in the Dirty Harry's and Umberto Lenzi films. much more entertaining
gag and keirarts like this.
Old 24th September 2018, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Evil Ed.

I watched the special Ed-ition blu Ray last night. Was pure trash. Like a trash version of Berberian Sound Studio. Don’t think I can really say much more than that about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24th September 2018, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's unique certainly . Had you seen it before??
MuckyFunster likes this.

[B]
Old 24th September 2018, 08:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

No, I hadn’t. Lucky me! Lol. The first half hour or so was enjoyable, but after that it started to drag and just got a bit too silly. I was probably three quarters on my way to being canned, so I’m sure that helped a bit.

Not sure the film really merits a three disc limited edition release, but that’s, like, my opinion, man.

IMG_6888.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!