Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2018, 07:53 PM
Cult Addict

I thought so when i saw it, very eighties softcore, bad hair and fake boobs if i remember rightly.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 14th November 2018, 07:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
very eighties softcore, bad hair and fake boobs if i remember rightly.
Sold!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th November 2018, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I thought so when i saw it, very eighties softcore, bad hair and fake boobs if i remember rightly.
Will avoid it, cheers
Old 14th November 2018, 08:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sold!
u9fg0.jpg
Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 14th November 2018, 08:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stratton (Simon West)

Dominic Cooper and Gemma Chan (Humans) star in this reasonable espionage thriller. Bad foreigners have some nasty stuff. Send in the Preacher!! Short and sweet and quite entertaining tbh.

Tag (2018)

4 grown men play chase. That's it. Ed Helms, Jon Hamm among them so it's not all bad . Quite amusing.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th November 2018, 09:10 PM
Cult Addict

Overlord
A squad of paratroopers land in France to destroy a radio tower in order to bring in air support for Normandy (insert Primo Victoria reference here) only to find out the nazis are going all Herbert West on people to make super soldiers.
I liked it, wouldn't say it's the best but its a fun b-movie plot with a lot of good action. Surprisingly me and my mates were the only people watching it so we got the Premier seats to ourselves

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 15th November 2018, 12:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A mixed bag of films and TV shows considering I haven't posted much recently what I've seen so here some ..

1000 ways to die TV series on bizarre ways people have popped their clogs, totally recommended

Scum both versions even tho they are practically identical the film version has a more hard hitting edge to it .

Wolf creek the series 1 + 2 if you like the films then there's no reason to dislike the series excellent and highly watchable with great amount of atmosphere and tension with some fantastic scenery of Australia's outback .

I Daniel blake, I love Ken loach films because they always seem to be quite realistic approach to life in his films , and this one about Daniel who gets to know one of his neighbours and the battle they have with the social and how people are treated badly by the government .
And i know that to well with a recent case of one my friends, he has a illness where he can't work hasn't done for over 10 yrs because he always in and out of hospital , he had 2 life threatening operations and his lungs keep collapsing, can collapse at any time, and quite recently they stopped his benefits claiming he fit to work and he just had to go to a full tribunal to prove his case ..

It remake I found it dull and boring and like a cross between The Goonies and stand by me with a clown popping up now and again .

Don't hang up , 2 friends are constantly pranking people recording it and putting online until one day someone pranks them with consequences. Decent time filler .

Live a Korean TV series about the police force , a group of people who feel their lives are going nowhere and in a rutt decide to recruit to the police force , its all about the process of learning to be a copper with problems you face when you can make mistakes and **** ups , very well made with likeable characters and the emotions when things go wrong . utterly compelling and well worth seeking out .

Top boy series based around a estate in hackney East London, about the lives of people involved in drug dealing and street gangs . recommended 2 series.

Bad match modern day version of sea of love , fatal attraction , swinfan and few other dating films with consequences, a young lad is just using anyone he can match on tinder for sex until one women thinks she his girlfriend and begins to stalk him and make his life a misery when she finds out he using her, has a slight twist at the end, but something happened in the film that made guess there was a twist and what the twist was , and woo hoo I was correct , pretty decent and worth a watch .

Good neighbor about two friends where one has a grudge against his elderly neighbour and decide to prank him by making him think his house is haunted while recording it all to make it into a documentary , but things don't seem to be working to well and they notice he spending a lot of time in his basement, they fall out over this because one of them wants to know what's in the basement and the other couldn't careless and think his friends obsession over it is getting out of hand, he eventually enters the basement but what happens next is something they couldn't predict that ends them up in court .
Reasonable and pretty decent time filler worth watching if come across it .

The night of , a bloke takes his dads car (its a taxi) while driving people keep getting in thinking he working but he keeps kicking them out until one particular women he takes her fair and falls for her , they spend the night together he wakes up to find her dead and gets arrested for her murder he then has to somehow prove his innocence, recommended

Last edited by gag; 15th November 2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 15th November 2018, 12:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Blade in The Dark.

Bruno(Andrea Occhipinti, the chap out of The New York Ripper), goes to stay at a isolated villa to work on a score for a horror film and suspects that a serial killing maniac is on the rampage after a series of women start disappearing, including his sexy neighbour Katia.

Lamberto bava directs this one and its not a bad effort at all, even if he's not as good as Dario argento was at his peak. The atmospheres are good and there's plenty of good suspense and brutal killings throughout, including a very nasty bathroom scene. the dubbing is pretty dreadful though, especially from the sexy babes. and our old mate Bob from House By The Cemetery even has a small cameo too.

and not a bad soundtrack either that gets plenty of use in this film. overall a very solid giallo, a little bit slow in parts and a bit too long, but I still rate it 78 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gffsfdfs.jpg (22.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 15th November 2018, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve only ever watched Blade in the Dark once and found it mind numbingly boring, can’t see me watching my Blu from 88 Films again, only reason I haven’t sold it is because it’s not worth a right lot, I wouldn’t get a fraction of the price back
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th November 2018, 02:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Rogue One (2016)

Comfortably the best Star Wars film since the Disney re-launch. Telling the story of the capture of the Death Star's data plans leading directly into the opening of the original Star Wars (1977).

A good story line, nicely rendered action sequences, decent characters and some enjoyable nods to fans - Seeing Vader wipe out a ship of rebels on his own was quite something - even if the newly created computer generated Tarkin and Leia proved controversial to some. The CGI Governor Tarkin i think works well on dvd and looks like Peter Cushing, however the similarly shot Leia cameo is far too fat in the face. As for the film itself, it comes over grittier, downbeat and less child friendly than the rest of the Disney output.

On the whole Rogue One works well, doesn't diminish under repeat viewings and fits comfortably in the Star Wars universe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91cHWS+XaoL._SY606_.jpg (47.1 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!