Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2018, 06:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's new years eve and for me that means my reqular yearly viewing of this.
Old 31st December 2018, 09:13 PM
Cult Addict

Flowers in the Attic
A family is torn about by the death of the Father, in desperation the mother takes the children to her parents house where they are locked away.
A very dark film Louise Fletcher as the grandmother is a bitch of a character. It's one I haven't seen in years I forgot so much about it. Still a brilliant film.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 31st December 2018, 09:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Louise Fletcher is always an evil bitch!
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 1st January 2019, 01:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kong Skull island

I really enjoyed this a monster action film done right , the action scenes where well executed and not ridiculously Ott , style and tonne of the film was spot on , apart from the photographer surviving it wasn't too predictable to who would live or die , and glad the film didn't just focus all on them v Kong and added a bit more detail and depth into the film and that Kong was least of their worries for survival but what was out there was. And also glad they didn't add pointless and ridiculous humour for the sake of it , because sometimes that can ruin a decent film While this was done right its no classic but its definitely up there amongst some of the best films in recent years compared to what's out there and make a refreshing change from marvel and DC superhero films but defiantly one worthy of adding to your collection, this would have been really good to watch on big screen .
Old 1st January 2019, 05:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Kong Skull island
I also rate this very highly and put is one of the reference quality discs to showcase a 4K setup. If you didn't wait until the end of the credits, it might be worth putting the disc back in and seeing what you missed!
keirarts and JeffTVR like this.
Old 1st January 2019, 11:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I also rate this very highly and put is one of the reference quality discs to showcase a 4K setup. If you didn't wait until the end of the credits, it might be worth putting the disc back in and seeing what you missed!
It was recorded of sky so it didn't have the so called ending after the credits
Old 2nd January 2019, 04:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It was recorded of sky so it didn't have the so called ending after the credits
That's a weird thing to do. You missed something which cues up a sequel:

gag likes this.
Old 2nd January 2019, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Bear Island. A scientific team head to a remote island that once served as HQ to Nazi U-boats during World War II to study climate change, only to find conspiracy and murder somehow linked to the island's dark past awaiting them. This entertaining late 70s thriller based on the Alastair McLean novel is bouyed by the spectacular and atmospheric location as well as an excellent cast including Donald Sutherland, Vanessa Redgrave, Christopher Lee and Lloyd Bridges (though I must confess to having difficulty taking the latter seriously after Airplane and the Hot Shots movies ). A solid start to my 2019 movie watching!
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:51 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Tenemos la carne (We Are the Flesh) (2016)

This is all i'm saying.

Recommended, but with caution advised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00001.jpg (57.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Alien 2 On earth.

A space ship crashes into the sea after a failed mission and the astronauts have disappeared. and meanwhile a bunch of potholers, including the foxy psychic thelma(belinda mayne), are exploring some caves and end up getting picked off my blue alien rocks that turn into cretures that look like glove puppets made out of liver.

directed by some chap that I have never heard of Ciro ippolito, this is one of the more average films from Italian cult cinema and is the poor cousin of the supperior Contamination.
The main problem I have with the film is that its too much set in the caves, and after a while it gets a bit boring with too much wandering about. however as is always the case with these Italian films its not a total disaster, the gore effects when you do get some are quite well done with a gory decapitation and eye goughing, and the score from oliver Onions is quite groovey too. and when the film does eventually get out of the caves the atmosphere is quite eerie in the final scenes.
And not to forget that actress Belinda mayne is rather cute too and very easy on the eye. and also look out for Italian horror director michele soavi co-starring as well.

not too bad overall, but definately no classic 69 out of 100.

Like this? Share it using the links below!