Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179617Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2019, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Portrait In Terror aka Operation Titian 1963.

On a holiday island a man is murdered over a painting he owned and a American tourist seems to know more about the painting.

This was a decent stylish thriller that was well made with a good star cast with William Campbell as the sinister man who knows his artwork and Patrick Magee as the man who is out for the contract killing and able to pull a burlesque dancer in unknown.

There were two versions of this with different openings on the dvd went with the 92 mins and it did make some sense to the arrival of the holiday makers, this is worth a gander and be in the fight frame of mind to watch. 6-7 out of 10.

Blood Bath 1966.

A man believed to be in a reincarnation of a Vampire kills women and boils their body in wax for his personnel collection.

This was a bit messed up, and can be easily confusing so here goes, with this and the film above have some same scenery and near close scenes, with different directors, the vampire plot was a head scratcher, but all filmed brilliantly, there is no jumps eyes utterly dark gothic tone blends in with it. 6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blood Bath.jpg (34.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg BloodBath2.jpg (73.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg MV5BOTM4MjI1MDgxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjgyMDkyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (18.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Verònica 2017.

Schoolgirl Veronica dabbles with a Ouija board and begins to be tormented by a demon.

From Spainish director Paco Plaza (REC) comes a different ghost story based on a true story from 1991 story of Estefania Gutièrrez L?*zaro. The film takes place in 1991 and not quite accuarate but in a way. Dont feed from the hype it was given as i was told it was more scary than REC it does have its suspense moments but not edge of your seat. The acting from the stars were good even from the young cast. 6-7 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poster-780.jpg (80.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 3rd January 2019, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Monkey Shines. A former athlete struggles to adjust to his new life after an accident leaves him paraplegic. To help regain some autonomy and independence, he is given a "helper monkey" specially trained to assist the disabled. But Ella is no ordinary monkey. Sometimes she seems almost human. Sometimes, just sometimes, she almost seems like she can read his thoughts. And act on them... This late 80s horror thriller from zombie guru George Romero is a seriously odd film, but an oddly compelling one too.
Old 3rd January 2019, 08:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ready player one

A film that goes full hog on special effects , CGI , action the whole works that Michael Bay would be proud of, most of the film is just one huge reference to how many cartoon characters , films , film and game characters , you can name and fit into one film with lots of nostalgia toys I enjoyed it too some degree but not one I'll be revisiting any time soon or in a rush to add in my film collection .
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Tenemos la carne (We Are the Flesh) (2016)

This is all i'm saying.

Recommended, but with caution advised.
Glad to hear you loved it then.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 3rd January 2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Gad to hear you loved it then.
Not sure i loved it but it's explicitness always made it watchable.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Enforcer 1976.

Tough cop Harry Callahan is on the trail of a terrorist group holding the city for ransom and having a female partner that he isnt excited about.

The third installment of the franchise but not as good as the previous it has its moments with Tyne Daly as Harry's new partner who messes up alot. DeVeren Bookwalter's portayal as Bobby the leader of the organisation was good as a cold hearted person who seems to hate those that dont understand him, but doent seem they dont have much screen time. 7 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Enforcer.jpg (15.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 4th January 2019, 01:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sudden Impact 1983.

A rape victim seeks revenge on the gang that raped her and her sister. Harry Callahan upsets his superiors and is told to take a holiday and tries to avoid a mobster hit.

Clint Eastwood takes the helm directing this one and delivers a great performance. Sondra Locke plays the rape victim who seems to know where to shoot. The film is well written by Joseph Stinson who did a uncredited write on Heartbreak Ridge with some good witty dialogue and a bulldog named meathead. Pat Hingle stars as the Cheif of police in San Paulo who seems annoyed that everytime Harry shows up he seems to know that he wants in on the case. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v1.jpg (22.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 4th January 2019, 09:52 AM
Cult Veteran

A few from the last week or so!

A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 4: The Dream Master

Sometimes you think, what's one of the crappest films you own, and then watch it, then feel disappointed because you actually enjoyed it Crappest scene? Karate fighting an invisible Freddy

Elvira, Mistress of Darkness

A welcomed Christmas Present, again, one which I thought was more crap than it actually is, I really enjoyed it and laughed out loud a few times, possibly due to the prosecco I was inhaling while watching it Terrible jokes though!

13 Ghosts

Enjoyable 60's shocker with some spooky ghost effects. The thin story binding it all together was pretty fun though. Only ever seen the millennial remake before and that doesn't share very much with this film, other than there being 13 ghosts

All The Colors of the Dark

I'd never seen this before, but had the soundtrack album... I'd be interested to see if there is a film when Edwige doesn't get her boobs out Loved this, and those 'satanic mass' scenes were freaky! As always with a giallo, the plot is pretty convoluted, but I quite enjoyed the resolution when it came!

Zombi 3

Hahaha... Loved it, but holy hell it was crap! Mainly down to the woeful dialogue written by Fragasso. For example, the film is clearly set in a south Asian country (it turned out to be Philippines) but the lead girl, when escaping her infected boyfriend tells the army dude she's on her way to the hospital in Santa Monica as it's the closest one

Touch Of Death

One of Fulci's TV Movies, and since I knew nothing about it and had low expectations I was actually really surprised by how much I enjoyed it! The guy in the lead role did really well holding the fort for the whole movie pretty much on his own. What surprised me the most though was how funny it is, I'd like to see some of the Fulci comedies from the 60's but apparently they don't translate well outside of Italy.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

We've all seen this one, redefines what epic means! So instead of 'reviewing' it, here's one of the most exciting scenes for you to all rewatch!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th January 2019, 10:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Lodge

Oh dear, mistake buy. Couple rent cabin in woods that comes with creepy caretaker, and sinister past. They argue, nothing happens & it looks so shot on video it hurts! Avoid! Lol!

Like this? Share it using the links below!