Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2019, 10:43 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Demons is one of my fav movies, over the years of watching it, its like watching Speilberg and Hooper Poltergeist theory, did Bava actually direct it or was his name just inserted.
Killer soundtrack too - Motley Crue, Accept, Pretty Maids, Billy Idol and Saxon.

It's laughable really that films like The Church, The Sect and Cemetery Man are all supposedly sequels to Demons. Or at least they are to Italian marketing depts.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:48 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
I'm with you 100%...I couldn't believe how bad this was. The script was bloody awful and the action scenes were very weak.
Between this and the equally dire Alien: Covenant...they really should just stop making Alien and Predator films.
Linbro and WowBobWow like this.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:51 AM
Cultist

Alien- Covenant wasn't great, but it was much better than The Predator, which was tonally all over the place, miscast and just plain terrible. Hated it with a passion, I was actually angry at how bad it was

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
Old 28th May 2019, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Predator had some comedy added in and i couldn't take is seriously either, shot a predator dog and labotomise it making it go from Cujo to Lassie doesn't work.
Old 28th May 2019, 01:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just Before Dawn(1981)

5 young people, 3 men and 2 women. Go off in a camping van to the remote oregon woods as one of the chaps has inherited some land there. and ignore the warnings of the local forrest ranger(george kennedy) who tells then that its dangerous. and find themselves being stalked by two insane hillybillie inbreds who enjoy killing people with their machetes.

A pretty entertaining backwoods slasher film from director Jeff Lieberman.
it is very slow for the first hour or so, despite a nasty machete scene to the crotch. but is extremely atmospheric,with great scenery in the woods. and very well acted, especially by final girl Deborah benson, who plays arather interesting character . who starts off as the rather prim girl in sensible hiking attire, and later finds her sexy side in booty shorts and a revealing top . makes a change.

well recommended. could just have done with a bit more of the red stuff. 71 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen_JustBeforeDawn_01_756_426_81_s.jpg (32.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 28th May 2019, 02:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
Just Before Dawn(1981)

5 young people, 3 men and 2 women. Go off in a camping van to the remote oregon woods as one of the chaps has inherited some land there. and ignore the warnings of the local forrest ranger(george kennedy) who tells then that its dangerous. and find themselves being stalked by two insane hillybillie inbreds who enjoy killing people with their machetes.

A pretty entertaining backwoods slasher film from director Jeff Lieberman.
it is very slow for the first hour or so, despite a nasty machete scene to the crotch. but is extremely atmospheric,with great scenery in the woods. and very well acted, especially by final girl Deborah benson, who plays arather interesting character . who starts off as the rather prim girl in sensible hiking attire, and later finds her sexy side in booty shorts and a revealing top . makes a change.

well recommended. could just have done with a bit more of the red stuff. 71 out of 100.
I didn't like this on first watch, but the overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans alike made me go back to it a year or so later and I really enjoyed it! It does get a lot better when they start getting knocked off though.

Am I right in thinking this in the one where they hike up the mountain but they forget something so a couple of them hike back to the van??

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th May 2019, 03:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I didn't like this on first watch, but the overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans alike made me go back to it a year or so later and I really enjoyed it! It does get a lot better when they start getting knocked off though.

Am I right in thinking this in the one where they hike up the mountain but they forget something so a couple of them hike back to the van??
I always mix Just Before Dawn with Tourist Trap. I know they aren't terribly similar but it's just me. I like them both but do prefer Tourist Trap - a film that was clearly the inspiration for the House of Wax remake.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th May 2019, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I always mix Just Before Dawn with Tourist Trap. I know they aren't terribly similar but it's just me. I like them both but do prefer Tourist Trap - a film that was clearly the inspiration for the House of Wax remake.
I enjoyed Tourist Trap but I can't remember much about it! I've only seen it once.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 28th May 2019, 03:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I enjoyed Tourist Trap but I can't remember much about it! I've only seen it once.
There you go then. You've selected your movie to watch tonight.

I always do this. Read about something on here, think, that's what i'll rewatch tonight...gets to evening...no idea what film was...end up watching something else entirely such as three Deep Space Nine episodes.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 28th May 2019, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There you go then. You've selected your movie to watch tonight.

I always do this. Read about something on here, think, that's what i'll rewatch tonight...gets to evening...no idea what film was...end up watching something else entirely such as three Deep Space Nine episodes.
I've been doing that lately as well, but for me it's been chapters in the 4 and half hour Nightmare on Elm Street doc, Never Sleep Again I keep thinking, oh, I should watch the films, but never get around to them !!

Like this? Share it using the links below!