Like Tree179031Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2019, 02:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Andromeda strain 1971.

After a satellite returns to earth and wipes out a small town, a group of scientists try to figure out the virus before it can spread.

Based on the novel by Michael Crichton, Robert Wise takes the directors chair for this Sci-Fi flick full of tense moments and how scientists from different areas try to work together and develop different theories that may work to contain the new alien virus. Arthur Hill, David Wayne, James Olson and Kate Reid star as the four bickering people chosen to asses, control and cure the disease before it goes airborne.

Most Sci-Fi movies require big budgets, monsters, desolate cities as their main areas or enemies, for this film it requires High Tech underground facilities, a small infection, claustrophobic and good acting for it to work which it does. well worth a watch. 8 out of 10.
This one is near the top of my watch pile, looking forward to watching it, never seen it before
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th June 2019, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This one is near the top of my watch pile, looking forward to watching it, never seen it before
Hope you enjoy it Justin
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th June 2019, 04:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Oh it's pretend? Well why didn't you say so in the first place.

They managed to stop it at a yard in order to look for another train i believe.

I haven't seen it, but do fancy seeing it. I just get the feeling it will be populated by screechy Korean women who get by in the end by singing a song to survive.

I smiled at this. Isn't the middle of nowhere preferable to being eaten by 'violent dead cannibals'? It didn't bother those in the helicopter at the end of Day of the Dead. Was that pretend though? I really can't remember.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2019, 06:29 PM
Cult Addict

The Vault of Horror
A group of men take an elevator and end in the basement where they each tell a recurring nightmare.
I always love a good anthology and this one is no different, however if I'm to choose between this and Tales from the Crypt I will say I prefer Tales more.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 25th June 2019, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Iron Warrior (1987, Al Bradley)

Two little boys play with a hairy ball. One is snatched by a ginger witch. One grows up to be .... Miles O'Keefe . So far, so good? Keep reading. A blonde princess? Check! An evil nemesis? Check! Insurmountable challenges? Check! Ahem.
A rather twee S&S film enlivened by the setting (a seafort and some caves) which make up for it's er, shortcomings.
But enough about Miles
Recommended to those hereabouts whom loves their 80s dreck cough. Rewatch!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2019, 08:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The House By The Cemetery 1981.

A family move into a house unaware of the previous owner Dr, Freudstein who is presumed dead...or is he?

Im not going to go to detail about this film, we have all seen it and like or hate it at the same time, It has all the hallmarks of a classic Fulci movie, brutal killings, creative monsters done Fulci style, Paolo Malco, Catriona MacColl star with youngster Giovanni Frezza as son Bob who has the annoying voice.

On the BD arrow release there is a introduction by Giovanni Frezza who finally gave us the better late than never apology about his dubbed voice which was memorable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house by the.jpg (35.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 25th June 2019, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

To think of the multiple versions of THBTC I have endured over the years (Elephant Video COUGH) and this shiny new print enabling the young set to see this film in all its terrible beauty .... Ahem.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
Old 25th June 2019, 10:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The House of the Devil (2009)

Director Ti West appears to be a master in the dark art of making a film where bugger all happens for 80 minutes yet it remains entirely interesting and that time actually flies by.

The House of the Devil is one of those films where the anticipation of what might happen is actually far more fraught with underlying tension than what does actually happen, largely thanks to an impressively creepy performance by Tom Noonan as a gentleman who hires a student babysitter to sit at his home where there isn't actually a baby to sit for.

The rest of the story involves a full moon and the Occult, but it's the journey to the final fifteen minutes that will either enthrall or bore you shitless with this film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large_8kmqZy4K39eoXhPJ3dmXTBw3z92.jpg (82.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 25th June 2019, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The House of the Devil (2009)

Director Ti West appears to be a master in the dark art of making a film where bugger all happens for 80 minutes yet it remains entirely interesting and that time actually flies by.

The House of the Devil is one of those films where the anticipation of what might happen is actually far more fraught with underlying tension than what does actually happen, largely thanks to an impressively creepy performance by Tom Noonan as a gentleman who hires a student babysitter to sit at his home where there isn't actually a baby to sit for.

The rest of the story involves a full moon and the Occult, but it's the journey to the final fifteen minutes that will either enthrall or bore you shitless with this film.
Tom Noonan made the film more enjoyable, generally a real good actor.
Old 25th June 2019, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THOTD easily my favourite of West's oeuvre
Nice image as well D
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 25th June 2019 at 10:42 PM. Reason: cough

Like this? Share it using the links below!