Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I know. I watched it and 'liked' it.
Does look pretty decent.
Old 15th July 2019, 11:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Trek 2009.

Rebel James T Kirk is dared to join the Starfleet and live upto his father's name. A vengeful Romulan Nero plans on wiping out the federation one planet at a time.

I'm not a big "Trekkie" fan only seen two films and some of the original episodes but I enjoyed this film, the actors playing the cast were good and seem to have the same mannerisms especially Dr McCoy and Spock played well by Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban. Even Chris Pine as James Kirk seems a bit of a ass at first but soon warmed up to him. Eric Bana plays the Romulan Nero well a man out for revenge without any hesitation on who dies without blinking a eye and a small appearance by Leonard Nimoy. 7 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large_lkQgAaI9s2j2Lhlkie8I9RcWYEX.jpg (60.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 16th July 2019, 02:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Trek Into Darkness 2013.

The crew of the S.S. Enterprise, go after a rogue agent of Starfleet, who is waging war against them.

Decent sequel to the franchise, even though spock is showing a bit more of a human side in this, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, Zoe Saldana and Simon Pegg, return with their great performances. Benedict Cumberbatch stars as John Harrison, who has a hidden agenda on his war against Starfleet and his true identity is revealed. Peter Welker stars as the admiral who seems to want a war he will never have and do anything to have it. Packed with more good visual effects and some comedy moments this was worth a watch. 7 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91U+mB-9ZFL._SY445_.jpg (35.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 16th July 2019, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Two rich noble men in a small village whom are constantly at each others throats and keep trying to one up each other. Things come too a head when at a festival of lanterns, one of the men seeks the help of a strange lantern maker to have the best lantern. The lantern maker is soon setting the two men against each other and is killing young woman , (dressed as a yeti) and skinning them alive to make the lanterns, equally bonkers and disturbing . 8/10

Now watching Kung Fu from Beyond the Grave.
Old 17th July 2019, 12:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Trek Beyond 2016.

The crew of the Enterprise explore a uncharted area of space and encounter a new enemy.

This third installment was enjoyable from start to finish, the original cast from the first two films return with more action sequences, Bones and Spock seem to bond over a lot and can be funny, Scotty finds a unlikely heroine Jaylah, even Keenser seems to find a little friend. Idris Elba plays Krall, leader of a species intended to wipe out a new planet formed by Starfleet as pit stop station. The writing by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung was great as it focuses more on the characters and Justin Lin takes control of direction is well done with the make up process and the special effects. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (10.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th July 2019, 12:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Star Trek Beyond 2016.

The crew of the Enterprise explore a uncharted area of space and encounter a new enemy.

This third installment was enjoyable from start to finish, the original cast from the first two films return with more action sequences, Bones and Spock seem to bond over a lot and can be funny, Scotty finds a unlikely heroine Jaylah, even Keenser seems to find a little friend. Idris Elba plays Krall, leader of a species intended to wipe out a new planet formed by Starfleet as pit stop station. The writing by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung was great as it focuses more on the characters and Justin Lin takes control of direction is well done with the make up process and the special effects. 8 out of 10.
Worst Star Trek film ever!
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 17th July 2019, 12:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Lifeforce (1985)

Tobe Hooper's wildly uneven sci-fi horror film is proof he really did direct Poltergeist because he uses the same blue light effects throughout this production.

Starring Steve Railsback who is the least charismatic lead imaginable, the film veers from naked space vampires to laughable rubbery zombies, it's total throw in the kitchen sink style campness and not very good at all.

I tried to sit through this a few years ago but fell asleep. I at least managed to stay awake until the ludicrous finale this time around. Perhaps back in the day it had an impact on viewers as it's certainly a lively film, but seen new in 2019 it just comes over as silly.

I'm sure those that are trapped in a world of Lost Boys and Goonies love will also dig this film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lifeforce-movie-poster-1985-1020189510.jpg (82.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th July 2019, 01:01 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Lifeforce (1985)

Tobe Hooper's wildly uneven sci-fi horror film is proof he really did direct Poltergeist because he uses the same blue light effects throughout this production.

Starring Steve Railsback who is the least charismatic lead imaginable, the film veers from naked space vampires to laughable rubbery zombies, it's total throw in the kitchen sink style campness and not very good at all.

I tried to sit through this a few years ago but fell asleep. I at least managed to stay awake until the ludicrous finale this time around. Perhaps back in the day it had an impact on viewers as it's certainly a lively film, but seen new in 2019 it just comes over as silly.

I'm sure those that are trapped in a world of Lost Boys and Goonies love will also dig this film.
I have only watched this once but my judgement is clouded by boobs so maybe i need to revisit it and see if there is a story
Old 17th July 2019, 01:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I have only watched this once but my judgement is clouded by boobs so maybe i need to revisit it and see if there is a story
There is a story about space vampires but it's shrouded in some of the most horrendous dialogue imaginable.

One guy looks at a shriveled corpse and says "And this was murder you say?"
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 17th July 2019, 01:14 PM
Cult Veteran

I’ve actually pulled Lifeforce off the shelf for a rewatch the other day, not got around to it yet. I do remember wondering what all the fuss was about the first (and only) time I watched this a couple of years back.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!