LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:05 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
As an experiment this was a success, as a horror film it was underwhelming
I thought the same when I watched it on Netflix last year. Like you, I wouldn't mind checking out the sequel at some stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
so much so as i had to watch a John Carpenter film afterwards for a horror fix.
But unfortunately not a decent one!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dollman 1991.

A tough intergalactic cop crash lands on Earth and is on 13 inches tall, he saves a girl and helps her rid her area of a ruthless gang.

First time ever seeing this film and what a laugh it was, Tim Thomerson (Who's Harry Crumb, Cherry 2000) plays tough cop Brick, while chasing a criminal crash lands on earth with his super sonic laser gun.

Created by Charles Band and directed by Albert Pyun (Cyborg), i wasn't expecting this to be great and held off buying it, as some of Pyun films are low budget cheaply made, this actually surprised me, with the gore and blood splatter, the special effects aren't great but do seem to work and may seem laughable, there is a good villain in Jackie Earle Haley ( A Nightmare on Elm St remake). Worth Checking it out for the laughs and entertainment. 7 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dollman.jpg (90.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:22 PM
Active Cultist

Super Dark Times

Quote:
Teenagers Zach and Josh have been best friends their whole lives, but when a gruesome accident leads to a cover-up, the secret drives a wedge between them and propels them down a rabbit hole of escalating paranoia and violence.
Lately I watched a couple of comedy movies, nothing worth mention - and today I manage to squeeze this in. A entertaining movie about kids being kids, about jealous and how far you will go to keep a secret. the movies is 1h40m long but it fly very easily. Recommended
Old 3rd September 2019, 04:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Inseminoid(1981)

A bunch of archeologists have set up camp on an unknown planet. and Sandy(judy Geeson) gets abducted by a bug eyed alien in the caves, and gets raped and impregnated.

A cheap Alien type rip-off from Norman J Warren, with Dr Who style sets and special effects. However, it is a lot of fun and Judy Geeson does a great job as usual, as the crazed Sandy who brutally murders her companions to feed blood to her nasty offspring.

very entertaining indeed. with loads of gore and a bit of sleaze as well, especially when judy geeson is bizarely impregnated with a long plastic tube.

So i give this enjoyable sci fi horror a solid 70 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_mk7c1kCQHp1r4ro7yo1_400.jpg (33.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Flight Of The Navigator 1986.

In 1978, 12 year old David goes to find his little brother, falls knocking himself out. When he awakes 8 years have passed and he hasn't aged. Shortly after a U.F.O is found, NASA believes the two coincidences are connected.

Happy childhood memories came back re-watching this piece of Sci-fi 80s film, Joey Kramer stars as David the boy who goes on a voyage in the spaceship flown by computer intelligence Max voiced by Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee Herman). The film might seem outdated but still a good classic film that never gets bored and has some comedy in it especially with a reference to E.T line at Al's Gator Farm and a small role from Sarah Jessica Parker.

There is a documentary being made Life after the Navigator being made about the cast of the film which might be interesting to view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (23.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post

Super Dark Times
I fancied watching this, is it on Shudder? I've seen it one of the streaming sites and I can't remember which

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd September 2019, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Martin at his wild and crazy guy best before he became all serious and boring. Martin plays world famous brain surgeon Dr Hfuhruhurr who saves the life and falls in love with a woman he runs down, little releasing she's a gold digging slut, along the way the good doctor falls in love with a brain in a jar. Completely bonkers. 9/10

A childhood favourite, used to rent this every weekend until I got my own copy on vhs , which I watched until the tape wore out.

A young man who's life isn't going any place, life takes a big turn after beating the high score of a video game, little realising the game is a tool used to find the best star fighters in the galaxy and events in game a real.

One of the first movies if not the first too use computer graphics. Directed by the actor who played the shape in the first two Halloween movies. 9/10

Years since I've seen this one, Harrison Ford plays Doctor Richard Kimble, who is falsely accused of his wife murder, he mangers too escape while seeking the real killer of his wife , a one armed man, he is pursued by US marshal Tommy Lee Jones. A none stop grill ride with two great performances from Jones and Ford. 9/10
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict

Naked Lunch
A bug exterminator is forced to flee the country after killing his wife and heads to Interzone. He is an agent investigating a lucrative new drug made from centipedes.
Cronenbergs loose adaptation of Burroughs novel of the same name is a bizarre nightmarish story. Great performances from Ian Holm, Peter Weller and Julian Sands and some amazing body horror effects at the same time. Just a shame Steely Dan doesn't appear.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 3rd September 2019, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Beast Within 1982

Southern backwoods monster movie,whats not to like.The film is just steeped in a sweaty,muggy swampness (is that a word) you could almost feel them pesky mosquito's buzzing around the room.Not only do we get a weird backwoods community hiding a secret from the outside world,but a gooey bladder effects make-up by Tom Burman,as the main man-creature transforms from human to some sort of giant insect,with a lust for raping women and killing.Now throughout the film,the characters keep mentioning the insect cicada,now i have not got a clue what they are,and after googling the name i still have no clue,but whatever they are,if you transform into one and are on some vengeance rampage because your real dad was one,then you will be one ugly mutha,but on the bright side you will have the strength to rip throats out and decapitate people.The under lying story of infidelity and vengeance really adds an almost gothic feel to this swamp invested tale...Im a sucker for old school special effects,and in the 1980's nearly every horror and science fiction film with a monster featuring in it,had some sort of bubbling skin effect as the contours of the skin stretch and expand,to some extreme proportions.Oh yeah there is also some very cool actors including Ronny Cox ,Don Gordon and R.G. Armstrong.Paul Clemens as the young boy possessed by his fathers past and an ugly insect,really does a great job,grinning manically as he goes about killing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw.jpg (93.0 KB, 5 views)

Old 3rd September 2019, 09:41 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I fancied watching this, is it on Shudder? I've seen it one of the streaming sites and I can't remember which
I watched on netflix
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!