Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179029Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2019, 09:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I lost all interest the moment they threw out the characters we'd been watching for half a decade and started over the first time...

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. A NY Transit cop must match wits with a dangerous sociopath when he and his men hijack a subway train and demand $1 million within the hour - or they begin executing the passengers. Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw star in this gritty and thoroughly enjoyable mid 70s thriller that also features Hector Elizondo and Mr Costanza himself, Jerry Stiller.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Critters Attack! (2019)

Disappointing fifth film in the series which is ruined by it's pacing dwelling too much on an annoying couple of college kids and their even more annoying charges whom they are babysitting.

The Critters are of course great but Dee Wallace is sadly wasted in a glorified cameo when she should have been centre stage rather than the numbskull youths.

If you like the ravenous fur balls then by all means give this a go but everyone else steer clear.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Couldn't wait. It's very pretty. But ghastly. Just like the rest. Needed a few drams tbh. The Kingsman bint is something else. RECOFICKINGMENDED. Ahem.
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th September 2019, 11:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hollows Grove 2014.

A tv ghost hunting crew go to visit a abandoned orphanage called Hollows Grove. The F.B.I release the footage in hope to uncover what actually happened.

This is one of those found footage movies that we have seen before in the form of Grave Encounters, Santirorium (which were good) Episode 50. Only two actors I know were in this Mykelti Williamson and Lance Henriksen who's talents seem to be wasted. This was recommended by YouTube and glad it was free to watch I wouldn't waste money to watch, if you want time to pass and feel the need to be bored this is OK for background noise, other than that avoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (7.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 16th September 2019, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

poster.jpg
THE PURPLE MONSTER STRIKES (1945)
REPUBLIC SERIAL 15 CHAPTERS

Martians land on Earth and inhabit the bodies of those they kill, moving unsuspected back and forth in and out of the shell of the bodies.
They want to gain control of a rocket project so that they can return back and forth to Mars and invade the Earth..

Knockaround cliffhanger with some really good choregraphed fight scenes.

Old 16th September 2019, 01:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Knock Knock (2015)

I normally try and defend film maker Eli Roth against all the unwarranted criticism he gets from fans but Knock Knock is beyond defence.

It's awful. The story is ludicrous, the characters totally unbelievable and the acting genuinely poor. Keanu Reeves proves once and for all that when he isn't shooting people in neon lit corridors he possesses the acting nous of an empty jam jar.

Yet i never once thought of turning the film off. It's pure car crash, watch once, movie making. It's not so bad it's good, it's so bad it's laughable.
Old 16th September 2019, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Critters Attack! (2019)

Disappointing fifth film in the series which is ruined by it's pacing dwelling too much on an annoying couple of college kids and their even more annoying charges whom they are babysitting.

The Critters are of course great but Dee Wallace is sadly wasted in a glorified cameo when she should have been centre stage rather than the numbskull youths.

If you like the ravenous fur balls then by all means give this a go but everyone else steer clear.
I might wait until it shows up on Shudder or Amazon Prime...
trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th September 2019, 01:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I might wait until it shows up on Shudder or Amazon Prime...
I know this is daft but i really like the slipcase artwork so i wouldn't get rid of it. I also know i'll watch it again at some point.

It, together with the Inspector's thoughts, have totally put me off from bothering with The Banana Splits Movie.
Old 16th September 2019, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran

I watched The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift yesterday and loved it. Seriously though, Lucas Black must be the world's oldest teenager, I honestly thought that first scene he was playing a supply teacher on his first day, not a 17 year old on his first day at a new High School constant 5 o'clock shadow and a full on hair chest

However, once you agree to just let that slide and imagine he is 17 the rest of the film is super exciting and high octane and has some great characters throughout. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat when Takeshi was chasing Sean through the streets of Shibuya and he turned the corner to be faced with 1000s of people crossing the famous Shibuya Scramble.

Fun film, looking forward to Part 4

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th September 2019, 03:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I lost all interest the moment they threw out the characters we'd been watching for half a decade and started over the first time...

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. A NY Transit cop must match wits with a dangerous sociopath when he and his men hijack a subway train and demand $1 million within the hour - or they begin executing the passengers. Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw star in this gritty and thoroughly enjoyable mid 70s thriller that also features Hector Elizondo and Mr Costanza himself, Jerry Stiller.
Great film.

Gesundheit!
Demoncrat and iank like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!