Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2019, 06:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Employer 2013.

A group of five people arrive for an interview with a new company, next day they awake in a room and try to figure out how to escape.

Malcolm McDowell stars as the managing director who pits the candidates against each other in a wits of battle and psychological games. There is very little tense moments and can be seen as predictable and once you have seen it that's it, one you can't watch over and over but some good kills, not one I can recommend even for a Malcolm McDowell movie. 3 out of 10.
Old 16th September 2019, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Knock Knock (2015)

I normally try and defend film maker Eli Roth against all the unwarranted criticism he gets from fans but Knock Knock is beyond defence.

It's awful. The story is ludicrous, the characters totally unbelievable and the acting genuinely poor. Keanu Reeves proves once and for all that when he isn't shooting people in neon lit corridors he possesses the acting nous of an empty jam jar.

Yet i never once thought of turning the film off. It's pure car crash, watch once, movie making. It's not so bad it's good, it's so bad it's laughable.
It's not Reeves fault, its one of the worst casting decisions in history. Not that anyone else could have saved the film.
Old 16th September 2019, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death Race 2008

Ex race driver Jensen Ames is arrested for his wife's murder, sent to terminal island he is given a choice, rot in there for his life or replace the car driver Frankenstein in the islands popular show Death Race.

Decent remake of the 70s film Death Race 2000, Jason Statham takes the lead role of Jensen/Frankenstein, Ian McShane stars as Coach, and his pit crew Gunner and Lists (Jacob Vargas and Fred Koehler, and warden Hennessey by Joan Allen. You can imagine it has all what you expect, fast cars, girls and plenty of gun fire and some blood splatter with the instant karma of one guy who thinks he can't die, film was decent to see on the big screen even though the plot was a bit thin and predictable. 7 out of 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deathrace_600.jpg (43.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 16th September 2019, 09:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Death Race 2008

Ex race driver Jensen Ames is arrested for his wife's murder, sent to terminal island he is given a choice, rot in there for his life or replace the car driver Frankenstein in the islands popular show Death Race.

Decent remake of the 70s film Death Race 2000, Jason Statham takes the lead role of Jensen/Frankenstein, Ian McShane stars as Coach, and his pit crew Gunner and Lists (Jacob Vargas and Fred Koehler, and warden Hennessey by Joan Allen. You can imagine it has all what you expect, fast cars, girls and plenty of gun fire and some blood splatter with the instant karma of one guy who thinks he can't die, film was decent to see on the big screen even though the plot was a bit thin and predictable. 7 out of 10
I love the two dtv sequels as well. More of the same obviously but the budgets still there and Luke Goss is like a cut price Stath.
Old 16th September 2019, 10:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death Race 2. 2010

After a botched robbery, Carl "Luke" Lucas is sent to terminal island that hosts the show Death Match. When ratings start falling the company that funds it "Weyland Corporation" introduces a new show Death Race. Any criminal, no matter what crime they have done if they win five races they go free. Can Lucas survive and with his ex boss put a bounty on him.

Decent Prequel to the Death Race movie on how it was created in prison, Luke Goss stars as Carl Lucas who arrives on the island and trying to stay clear of everyone. Danny Trejo stars as the last Mexican Jew Goldberg and Ving Rhames as the corporation owner Weyland and Sean Bean as mob boss Markus. This was a direct to dvd, why it never went to a theatrical release it would be great to see it on the big screen, the title can be a bit off putting as it shows how the death race was created, there is more violence and plenty car action and a good background score.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 640full-death-race-2-(2010)-screenshot.jpg (44.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by MrBarlow; 16th September 2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 17th September 2019, 01:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death Race: Inferno. 2013.

After a take over Weyland Corporation is forced to sell Death Race to rival corporation York Industries who want to globalise Death Race, first to be held in Kalahari Desert, South Africa.

Second sequel to Death Race 2, this one is as great as the first two Its enjoyable, wouldn't say exciting and does come with some funny moments from driver Psycho.

Luke Goss, Danny Trejo, Ving Rhames and Fred Koehler return, this time the ignorant prick Niles York is played by Dougray Scott who seems to think the sky is the limit and someone you really want to punch. The races are good and tend to come with new game rules, new cars and first female death race driver. 7 out of 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg death-race-3-inferno.jpg (21.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 17th September 2019, 12:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Weird Science (1985)

Not the best John Hughes comedy but still very watchable. Kelly Le Brock sizzles whilst co-star Bill Paxton just annoys with the two geeky leads instantly forgettable.

Maggie (2015)

Who'da thought a film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the midst of a zombie outbreak could be so boring.
Old 17th September 2019, 01:20 PM
Cult Veteran

I’m interested in Maggie now

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th September 2019, 01:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I watched The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift yesterday and loved it. Seriously though, Lucas Black must be the world's oldest teenager, I honestly thought that first scene he was playing a supply teacher on his first day, not a 17 year old on his first day at a new High School constant 5 o'clock shadow and a full on hair chest

However, once you agree to just let that slide and imagine he is 17 the rest of the film is super exciting and high octane and has some great characters throughout. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat when Takeshi was chasing Sean through the streets of Shibuya and he turned the corner to be faced with 1000s of people crossing the famous Shibuya Scramble.

Fun film, looking forward to Part 4
It's neck and neck with Black and Toby McGuire for the oldest teenager.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 17th September 2019, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A true classic, no matter how many times I watch this i always see something new and don't call me Sheryl! 9.5/10

Another classic and a film I will never grow bored of, bonkers and hilariously funny with so many classic lines and scenes. 9.5/10

Now watching high anxiety ,which is my first time seeing this movie.
Mojo, Justin101, Demoncrat and 5 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!