All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179623Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2019, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Which people? I'm not aware of any uproar. Are these people upset every time 'Hello' by Oasis or any song written and/or produced by Phill Spektor is played on the radio?
Seen a couple of articles here and their but doubt anyone's in a up roar, it's just the press seem to have it in for the movie so they find anything negative they can but I do think he shouldn't get a penny.
Old 8th October 2019, 07:07 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Seen a couple of articles here and their but doubt anyone's in a up roar, it's just the press seem to have it in for the movie so they find anything negative they can but I do think he shouldn't get a penny.
It does feel like they are just looking for things to be enraged about when it comes to this film. I also agree with your final point.
Old 8th October 2019, 07:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
It does feel like they are just looking for things to be enraged about when it comes to this film. I also agree with your final point.
It's Gary Glitter's music, so why shouldn't he, his record company and cowriter make the money to which they are entitled? Who decides what crime means someone is deprived of their contractually obligated income?
Old 8th October 2019, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not actually about the film and more to do with one of Gary glitters song being used and chances he might gain from it.
Old 8th October 2019, 07:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Not actually about the film and more to do with one of Gary glitters song being used and chances he might gain from it.
You're right. This conversation is completely unrelated to this thread and should stop here.

trebor8273 likes this.
Old 8th October 2019, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Action in the North Atlantic (1943)

If ever a film lived up to it's name it's this stirring and occasionally flag waving epic about a convoy of international ships - being an American film it centres around the American vessel Seawitch - braving U-Boat Wolfpacks and the Luftwaffe in an attempt to get supplies to the Russian port of Murmansk.

Headlined by Humphrey Bogart and Raymond Massey, although this is as much about the rest of the crew of the merchant vessel as it is the officers, the film has great star power and electric performances all round. Due to it being made at war time, the film was actually totally produced on Warner Bros sound stages so it's a great credit to all that you'd never know.

Gripping from first to last and as authentic as can be, Action in the North Atlantic is a cracking black and white war film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p527_p_v8_aa.jpg (503.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 9th October 2019, 10:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Direct Action (2004, Sidney J Furie)

Dolph and sundries in a Nu Image bloodbath. Recommended to those who believe in Godard's maxim that "a film is ... a girl and a gun"
Generic plot (somewhat Gauntlet - y cough), and cheap as chips, but you know what you are getting.

Men In Black International

Made me want to see the first film again, as i found the humour to be forced somewhat. One interesting death early on led me to beleive the film would be betterer than it eventually wasn't .

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th October 2019, 11:06 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Action in the North Atlantic (1943)

If ever a film lived up to it's name it's this stirring and occasionally flag waving epic about a convoy of international ships - being an American film it centres around the American vessel Seawitch - braving U-Boat Wolfpacks and the Luftwaffe in an attempt to get supplies to the Russian port of Murmansk.

Headlined by Humphrey Bogart and Raymond Massey, although this is as much about the rest of the crew of the merchant vessel as it is the officers, the film has great star power and electric performances all round. Due to it being made at war time, the film was actually totally produced on Warner Bros sound stages so it's a great credit to all that you'd never know.

Gripping from first to last and as authentic as can be, Action in the North Atlantic is a cracking black and white war film.
I will have to check this out .
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 10th October 2019, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

All Through the Night (1942)

A cracking war time set thriller which sees Broadway businessman / mobster Humphrey Bogart track down a nest of Fifth Columnists (Nazis to you and i) who plot to blow up the US Navy's newest and biggest battleship in New York harbour.

A film which grabs the attention from the get go and never loosens it's grip. Bogart is on cracking form as the reluctant hero and Kaaren Verne a great dame to kill for as 'usual suspects' Conrad Veidt and Peter Lorre lurk menacingly in the shadows. The dialogue is both fast and loose and very funny especially in the earlier scenes before suspense begins to boil and the tense action sequences kick in.

All Through the Night tends to get lost when Bogart's best films are mentioned but this is a terrific ride and should be better known.

And to think. It all started with a cheesecake.
Old 11th October 2019, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
All Through the Night (1942)

All Through the Night tends to get lost when Bogart's best films are mentioned but this is a terrific ride and should be better known.

And to think. It all started with a cheesecake.
Thats an odd choice for you in the middle of Octoberween Dem?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!