Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2019, 04:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I haven't watched any films since the October Horror Marathon ended, I'm out tonight but I'm going to get something lined up for tomorrow, I might watch Midsommer I have started watching The Stand it's been a long while since I last saw it, it's a little bit hokey in places isn't it 3hrs out of 6hrs haha

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th November 2019, 04:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I haven't watched any films since the October Horror Marathon ended, I'm out tonight but I'm going to get something lined up for tomorrow, I might watch Midsommer I have started watching The Stand it's been a long while since I last saw it, it's a little bit hokey in places isn't it 3hrs out of 6hrs haha
I watched The Stand a few months ago. I didn't get much out of it to be honest. It felt so Hallmark tv movie like it hurt.

I didn't actually bother with the last couple of episodes.
Old 7th November 2019, 08:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Uninvited (1988, Greydon Clark)

Film of the year. The sheer magnitude of the crapola on show is awe inspiring
George Kennedy snarls a lot. A cat is a major plot device
Lilting melodies soundtrack vile and disgusting scenes. Word!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th November 2019, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched The Stand a few months ago. I didn't get much out of it to be honest. It felt so Hallmark tv movie like it hurt.

I didn't actually bother with the last couple of episodes.
But surely that's where all the good stuff happens???

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th November 2019, 11:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Horrors Of The Black Museum (1959, Arthur Crabtree)

Squalid opener in the 'Sadean' trilogy produced by Anglo-Amalgamated. Michael Gough plays a reporter come novelist, and we all know how morally upright they can be
Someone's doing in the great unwashed, but M is on the case like ... well, I can't quite rightly say occifer, I was only doing 99 mph in this here review of mine, when some autodidact comes right into me, broadside like ... !
Ahem. Lurid and simply horrid, slight flagging with an undernourished subplot about nascent love, still works even it is all a bit British what what ....

[B]
Old 7th November 2019, 11:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Horrors Of The Black Museum (1959, Arthur Crabtree)

Squalid opener in the 'Sadean' trilogy produced by Anglo-Amalgamated. Michael Gough plays a reporter come novelist, and we all know how morally upright they can be
Someone's doing in the great unwashed, but M is on the case like ... well, I can't quite rightly say occifer, I was only doing 99 mph in this here review of mine, when some autodidact comes right into me, broadside like ... !
Ahem. Lurid and simply horrid, slight flagging with an undernourished subplot about nascent love, still works even it is all a bit British what what ....
I had this on ice to watch tonight, this or Invasion.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Invasion is fun. I put all my Network stuff together, saves time etc
I have Circus Of Horrors somewhere ahem. But ....

Peeping Tom

... is a cut above. It's still amazing to this demon that this was made in the UK. At that time.
Mark is a shy film student with a particular obsession. When a vivacious Anna Massey comes into his orbit, things change forever in his cramped little world.
A masterpiece. Kneel lowly dogs etc. Unsurpassed.

[B]
Old 8th November 2019, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt. 1989.

A man skilled in Ninjitsu leads an assault on a island to take down a terrorist who is creating a virus.

This films isn't academy award winning, it is a slow burner in a way, the acting may not be great but not worse, the style of the fighting seems to be the same. David Bradley takes lead role as Sean who witnessed his father's murder and wants to learn to fight. Steve James returns as bad ass Jackson. The plot is something that we have seen before but different location and can trail off a bit to the point nail filing can cure parts of the boredom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (11.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th November 2019, 02:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Ninja 4: The Annihilation 1990.

Two C.I.A. agents Sean and his partner Carl are sent to rescue a team of Delta Commando's from a ex British officer run into problems, Joe Armstrong is coaxed out of retirement and sent into help.

This was a decent entry (better than the third), even though Dudikoff makes an appearance halfway through the film. The fight scenes are well choreographed, i mean who can catch an arrow with their mouth..laughable bits are a certain in this. James Booth makes a decent villain in this film even though it may not be his best role still worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3000x3000_12952864.jpg (76.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th November 2019, 07:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I decided against Horrors of the Black Museum seeing as Demoncrat had just reviewed it and went with Spanish Fly as an alternative.

Spanish Fly (1976)

Terry-Thomas and Leslie Phillips star in this UK/Spanish sex comedy.

Thomas's ex-pat has had a bad day. Purchasing 100,000 gallons of local wine he discovers it actually tastes foul and no one is interested in buying it at the inflated prices he intends to sell it for. His chauffeur improves the wine with a certain local ingredient which turns the beverage into a potent aphrodisiac. Things take a turn for the sexy when old chum Phillips turns up with a bevy of beauties for a lingerie photo shoot.

Old school sex comedies are a bit of an acquired taste, especially this one as it's not really that funny and the plot is a little on the slim side.

What it does have going for it are it's two caddish leads in Thomas and Phillips, two actors who only have to smile at the camera to make me smile with them. On top of that we have a couple of gorgeous girls in Andrea Allan (Best known for the series UFO) and Nadiuska, all too willing to take their tops off in the name of bounderism.

Sunny, breezy and guaranteed to keep the British end up. Spanish Fly is an agreeable time waster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198.jpg (99.0 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!