Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179017Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2019, 02:36 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Bloody Bloody Bible Camp (2012)

Very silly modern take on the 80's slasher genre in which a satanic nun terrorizes a bible camp out in the back woods.

Despite it's very low budget the film has some reasonable practical gore effects and manages to blag a horror 'name' in Phantasm's Reggie Bannister who even sings some original songs, whilst Ron Jeremy plays Jesus!

Bloody Bloody Bible Camp could never be called a good film yet it is a bit of dumb fun and any fans of Don't Go in the Woods or The Mutilator might find something to enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poster-780.jpg (93.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 17th November 2019, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blood Harvest (1987, Bill Rebane)

A really late entry to the regional US horror subgenre, I felt my cockles being warmed watching this one
Families huh?
Some secrets is best kept hidden y'all ....
Tiny Tim!!!!!!
Cough.
Drunkenly Recommended

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th November 2019, 05:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rentadick (1972, Jim Clark)

Another screening of this odd little thing. From the lubricated labyrinth that was Chapman's mind , this torrid tale of treble cross teeters on the edge of farce ... and then plummets unceremoniously in a heap at the end. Lawdy etc.

Crash! (1976, Charles Band)

Another faaamiliy get together. This time, it's Jose Ferrer and a grown up Lolita, battling it out in a style that suggests Strindberg rather than Ballard ahem
Claustrophobic and ting

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th November 2019, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghostquake (Haunted High) 2012.

A demonic headmaster returns to seek out those who try to steal a gold coin.

Not to be taken seriously, it does have it's good and bad moments with some bad acting. Danny Trejo (Machete) stars as the school janitor who seems to know how to stop the former headmaster played by M.C. Gainey (Con Air) killing the students trapped in the building and a pupil who is a decendant who knows what's going on. Produced by SyFy, this could have had potential and started off well then slowly became comical with real cheap effects, worth a watch for Danny Trejo and laughs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38740_1_front.jpg (18.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th November 2019, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Wicked 2013.

A couple of teens know about the urban legend of the witch on the outskirts of their town decide to see if the legend is true. When they follow on how to conjure her, they have no chance to escape her grasp.

This was nothing special a very low budget movie but with surprisingly decent acting from the main cast and some good effects. There are moments as the plot may have bits missing, and holes in the plot, entertaining to a point with expected jump jump scares and a somewhat twist ending, best viewed in low or no light at all.
Old 17th November 2019, 10:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Who knew that i'd quite like this? Almost watched this on a dare really, wondering how bad it was going to be. In the end, I was rooting for poor old Mothra and the sad insignificant little ants running around below thinking they were important. The serious actors in this franchise punched out in this one, leaving the 2nd rank (and Charles Dance, poor lamb) to take up the slack. Preferred it to the Gareth Edwards one which was filmed in a cupboard with the occasional flash of torchlight. A respectable 6/10 from me. Hopefully Mothra laid an egg somewhere.
Old 17th November 2019, 10:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Wicked 2013.

A couple of teens know about the urban legend of the witch on the outskirts of their town decide to see if the legend is true. When they follow on how to conjure her, they have no chance to escape her grasp.

This was nothing special a very low budget movie but with surprisingly decent acting from the main cast and some good effects. There are moments as the plot may have bits missing, and holes in the plot, entertaining to a point with expected jump jump scares and a somewhat twist ending, best viewed in low or no light at all.
I thought this was okay. Gets pretty gritty towards the end and the witch is well realised.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 17th November 2019, 11:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Beyond 1981.

A woman inherits a hotel in Louisiana hoping to restore it, is unaware its one of the entrances to Hell.

When I first saw this film in my early teens on the Vipco vhs, I found it boring, pointless and stupid, (don't hate me ). Over the time of owing the uncut dvd I began to appreciate it and what Fulci made. Catriona MacColl stars as Liza who has inherited the old building and people around her have some nasty accidents. David Warbeck stars as the Doctor who helps her solve the mystery of the old hotel.

Fulci obviously knew the start of the film was the strong point with a lynch mob and the cellar, then the story line seems to drag on with sequences that make you cringe and may attempt to scare then everything adds up to the climatic ending. Some of the sequence including the library scene may seem outdated with the animatronic spiders but still effective with the gore. Fabio Frizzi created a great soundtrack and background score with this film and Sergio Salvati created some good cinematography. Classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-beyond-1981.jpg (97.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 18th November 2019, 07:26 AM
Cult Master

poster-780.jpg

Mullets moustaches 80s music bikini babes drugs high speed boat chases sugar daddies explosions and thats just in the first five minutes. Rage of Honor is all out action of all kinds guns bombs torture hand to hand combat swords and even claws angry police captains badges thrown on tables willy nilly careers ended in the pursuit of revenge. A hell of a lot of fun with a basic story line but who cares

7/10
Old 18th November 2019, 01:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Attack of the adult babies .

Entertaining sleaze cheese fest that in time to come will probably be a cult film in its own rights, could have been so much better but was let down by the bad acting, It was pretty naff
Checked out who the director was and chuckled to myself paddy from Emmerdale .

Like this? Share it using the links below!