Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2019, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

1959_thewaspwoman.jpg
THE WASP WOMAN (1959)

As the face of her cosmetics company, Susan Cabot injects herself with an anti aging serum made from queen wasp jelly. She continues to inject herself unaware of the side effects..

Good fun movie. Well acted and features a host of actors from other Corman movies. This being a Corman movie, the budget is low but really only noticeable in the make up for when Cabot turns in to the Wasp Woman.
Old 6th December 2019, 11:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 3

The Pack (1977)

A remote island where a wild pack of dogs, once household pets now abandoned and left to fend for themselves turn on Joe Don Baker and his family in a desperate fight for survival.

Basically a reasonably enjoyable Jaws rip off but you know, with dogs rather than a shark. Likable enough but not a patch on the David McCallum starrer Dogs* from the year before.

*A terrifically bonkers film. 88 Films released it in the UK on BD and dvd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (15.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 7th December 2019, 10:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rambo: Last Blood

Exploitation movie of the decade.
The level of violence .... unsurpassed

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th December 2019, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

El Camino

Or Whatever Happened To Jessie Pinkman? Decent enough follow up to Breaking Bad, in the aftermath of those final events. What with Better Call Saul, it's been some ride watching these buggers flying by the seat of their pants.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th December 2019, 09:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Jingle All The Way. Big Arnie is a workaholic dad who misses one too many of his son's events. Determined to make it up to him, he promises to get him the year's hottest action figure for Xmas - "Turboman", only to forget until Christmas Eve and find that buying an action figure might be rather more difficult than he would have thought... I haven't seen this mid 90s comedy since the cinema, when I absolutely loathed it. Seeing it again now, I'm not really sure why. It is very silly, especially in the climax, so I can see how that could be irritating rather than amusing if in the wrong mood, but it's an amiable enough comedy and I enjoyed it for what it is this time. Worth the price of admission just to see Arnie beating up a bunch of department store Santa Claus'!

Last edited by iank; 7th December 2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A bounty Hunter Nick Randall (Rutger Hauer ) is hired by the CIA to hunt down terrorist Malak Al Rahim(Gene Simmons). 7/10

With getting alien isolation on the switch have decided to watch the movies.

7/10

7/10

Know a lot of people didn't like these but I quite enjoyed them and found the character of David interesting mind all the other characters weren't partially interesting. Can see what was done with engineers and David the creator of the xenomorph we all know upset some.

Had to check IMDB as I thought it was Sigourney voicing muther in covenant, but it wasn't but they did sound a lot like her.
Old 7th December 2019, 11:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Christmas Evil 1980.

A toy factory worker mentally scarred about what he saw one Christmas eve suffers a nervous breakdown and goes on a killing spree.

This is a oddball movie that is both weird and interesting in a making of a killer to a not big gore fest but decent killing spree and nobody trusting someone dressed as Santa Claus. Main character Harry driving a van thinking its being pulled by reindeers seriously needs some help. It does have a bit of a slow burner start, it can be entertaining to some.
Old 8th December 2019, 02:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 4

The Siren (2019)

Nicely acted and beautifully filmed, but why this played at Frightfest is beyond me. There's neither horror nor exploitation involved, not even much in the way of any fantasy. Oh and since when did Sirens swim about in present day t-shirts?
Old 8th December 2019, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Christmas Horror Story 2015.

Christmas Eve, radio Dj is counting down the hours while there is problems at a shopping mall, and begins to tell tales of Christmas. A couple of students attend a high school were a massacre happened and make a documentary. 2nd story a family visit a distant relative who unwittingly release the demon Krampus. 3rd story,A policeman takes his wife and son to secluded area to cut down a tree and bring something evil home with them. 4th story, Santa Claus is getting ready for his busy night defends himself from demonic elves.

I mentioned this last year seeing it for the first time and decided to watch it again, decent anthology of Christmas horror tales for the festive season. Although these are short stories they are mixed in with each other they are easy to follow, might seem daft but worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (11.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th December 2019, 07:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

^ Never seen this. I'll check it out on Christmas Day evening.
It's on the Horror Channel at 9pm.

Like this? Share it using the links below!