Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2010, 11:46 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Videodrome is a brilliant film - one of Cronenberg's best. I watched this a few nights ago (after The Fly) with a few mates who had NEVER SEEN A CRONENBERG FILM!
What did they think of it?!
Old 5th February 2010, 11:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I re-watched Murder Obsession last night; I seem to be hooked on re-watching all my Raro gialli at the moment. Another fun film which puts the spin of incest (and black magic!) on the traditional giallo formula. Again, another one I think that hasn't been released by anyone else. Not the best gialli IMO, but definitely worth a look if you're a fan of the genre (or if you're a fan of Laura Gemser for that matter... ).
Old 5th February 2010, 11:53 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Night train to terror Had this recorded from the Unexplained channel a few weeks ago. Didn't expect much as the movies that are on that channel are usually rubbish but this was brilliant. Not Citizen Kane brilliant but Russ Meyer meets Blood feast brilliant. I'll have to track this down on dvd or maybe Shameless could get their hands on the sleazy goodness
I keep meaning to watch this. I have seen one of the films that was edited down and mixed with other films to make "Night Train" though.
It's called "Cataclysm" and had a great OTT pre-cert cover.
Here...
http://www.beardyfreak.com/rvcata.php
Old 5th February 2010, 11:56 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

MBV, I saw Terror Train a few weeks back on that channel and it was sooooo good! If this film was released by Arrow/Shameless, I would snap it up! The DVD versions of it don't sound to great (at least when compared to Arrow/Shameless releases )

Well, they liked The Fly, BE, even if they were wincing about the gore! Is it wrong of me to enjoy people's reactions to gore etc? It's so funny! As for Videodrome well they were completly lost, confused and all together freaked out!
Old 5th February 2010, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Incredible melting man Loved this, the plot outline was probably written on the back of a stamp but loved the goo/gore. The scene near the end when the two security guards confront the melting man and his doctor mate is one of the funniest things ever!
Amazingly rated 'AA' for cinema (where I first saw it). I love the scene near the beginning when the whalelike nurse crashes through the glass door.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Well, they liked The Fly, BE, even if they were wincing about the gore! Is it wrong of me to enjoy people's reactions to gore etc? It's so funny! As for Videodrome well they were completly lost, confused and all together freaked out!
You so should have set up a web-cam to capture their reactions!
Old 5th February 2010, 12:18 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
..As for Videodrome well they were completly lost, confused...
Not surprised, really.
It's just one of those films that you must watch at least twice.
Note that we don't see Max take the VR-helmet off...
Old 5th February 2010, 03:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Bad Ronald

This film has haunted me my whole life. I remember watching it as a child with my mother. I feel sure it was an afternoon and I was off sick from school. I was not prepared for an afternoon made-for-TV flick to be so amazing and compelling. I never knew the title of the film.

As the years went by I would dream about aspects of the film, and by my teenage I thought it was merely a dream and that no such film actually existed. When Hider In The House came out in 1989 I wondered ifI had had a premonition of a film not yet made!

Turns out it is real. I read something about it by chance on the internet maybe eightish years ago and connected it. The film was called Bad Ronald and it was no dream!

As VHS copies of it go for silly money and bootlegs are few and far between and taken from the VHS I got frustrated. I kept waiting for a release. Warner Archive Collection added it to their catalogue, but are USA only. So I downloaded it.

It's a terrible quality copy but at least I have seen it again. I was amazed how much of it I remembered from the 1970s fevered viewing! It was as good as I remembered. Possibly better - I am now of an age to appreciate it more.

This is a superb film surely contending for the title of "Best TV film". It's a miniature masterpiece. But now I want a legit, good copy! Why won't Warner Archive sell to me?

Why?

WHY?!?!?!
Old 5th February 2010, 05:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Hey! I love Bad Ronald too, excellent movie!

Funnily enough I mentiond on a link here somewhere about a possible Shameless release.
Kim Newman loves it too.
Old 5th February 2010, 06:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A mixed bag, sci fi action, Hong Kong comedy and Korean Disaster movies...

Outlander
Mr Boo Meets Pom Pom
Tidal Wave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Outlander.jpg (7.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Mr Boo Meets Pom Pom.jpg (20.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Tidal Wave.jpg (7.5 KB, 2 views)

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!

Like this? Share it using the links below!