Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179040Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2020, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Murder Rock (1984)

Lucio Fulci's tribute to disco, lycra and spandex with added New York Ripper style sleaze thrown in.

Perhaps Fulci's most fetishistic film and a fave of mine even if the clunky dialogue hits levels of overkill in between murders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38698_1_front.jpg (58.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th January 2020, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran

I agree about The Beach, it's a brilliant book! Much better than the film.
trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th January 2020, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyone else disappointed in the climax of Tarantinos latest?
I sat for almost three hours expecting to see the Manson/Tate murders,not some fantasy happy ending......

Brad Pitt was superb though and deserved his gong.
Sssshhh!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th January 2020, 11:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins (1971)

A British portmanteau comedy, this time from Tigon rather than Amicus films, centering around the seven deadly sins of pride, greed, wrath, sloth, lust, envy,and gluttony and played out by an excellent cast including Spike Milligan, Leslie Phillips, Ian Carmichael, Julie Ege (bet you can't guess which story Julie was in), Harry H Corbett, Harry Secombe and many more.

The writers, including Milligan and Monty Python's Graham Chapman, are all top notch and even though it's predictable in that English slap n' tickle way it also has a charm about it as well that fans of British films of the period will appreciate.

The digitally remastered release from Odeon in 2015 on both dvd and bd looks splendid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6a00d8341d6d8d53ef01b8d18d2206970c-450wi.jpg (76.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 9th January 2020, 07:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Initiation. 1984.

Kelly wants to be a Sorritory Sister, for her pledge she is tasked with two other girls to go into a mall owned by her father steal the night watchman's uniform, unaware they are being stalked by a couple of people who escaped a institution.

Simple stylish horror that's been done before, horny teens in a building being stalked, the premise of the plot shouldn't work and not entertaing but it was. Daphne Zuniga plays the pledge Kelly who has a repressed memory that comes out in her dreams. The ending was unexpected and different, the start is a bit slow and does get better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1064464.jpg (16.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 9th January 2020, 08:25 AM
Cult Master

hfle11Mu8akVALMsMyUwN4y39Bp.jpg

Love loss grief the strength of the family unit betrayal and the hazards for men who play with dolls.

Another fun ninja outing this time they try and ramp up the action with longer more ridiculous fights with such surprises as a man dressed as an Indian and a very flamboyant cowboy not in the same scene of course or because as we know cowboys and Indians dont get along and it would only lead to a power struggle within the gang and therefore hampering any hopes of them branching out into the community and expanding their operations of turf dominance and restricting the ability to generate funds to keep a modern gang afloat but thats a discussion for an other day.

Revenge of the Ninja is an easy watch never boring and the dialogue is on fire with lines like this the writer must of went on to bigger better things............surely.

If you are here to train karate you forgot your pants

The kid is pretty annoying and beating the crap out of a 300+ lbs man was pretty funny to watch but the noises he makes in every scene even when nothing is happening started hurting my brain by the half way point.

One complaint is this film is missing the moustachio hairy backed sexy of Franco Nero for a bit of style and of course sexy

Oh and the main bad guy is straight out of an 80s arcade beat em up tremendous.

7/10

Almost lost a point for the kid alone but maybe im just jealous cause i was afraid to stand up to my bullies as a kid

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 9th January 2020 at 10:10 AM.
Old 9th January 2020, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ROTN is an Exploito classic. Rewatch!! Sand trap etc
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th January 2020, 07:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

For Men Only (1968)

One of Pete Walker's final short films before he became a full feature film director, For Men Only is a strange beast. It's neither a nudie, a sex film nor a comedy yet it usually gets lumped in with the many slap n' tickle films of the period due to it featuring a bevy of scantily clad models in almost every scene.

At a mere forty minutes it's short and occasionally sweet, with Derek Aylward and the lovely Andrea Allan decent stars, but compared to the rest of Walker's output this is but a footnote.
Old 9th January 2020, 08:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 221885

Love loss grief the strength of the family unit betrayal and the hazards for men who play with dolls.

Another fun ninja outing this time they try and ramp up the action with longer more ridiculous fights with such surprises as a man dressed as an Indian and a very flamboyant cowboy not in the same scene of course or because as we know cowboys and Indians dont get along and it would only lead to a power struggle within the gang and therefore hampering any hopes of them branching out into the community and expanding their operations of turf dominance and restricting the ability to generate funds to keep a modern gang afloat but thats a discussion for an other day.

Revenge of the Ninja is an easy watch never boring and the dialogue is on fire with lines like this the writer must of went on to bigger better things............surely.

If you are here to train karate you forgot your pants

The kid is pretty annoying and beating the crap out of a 300+ lbs man was pretty funny to watch but the noises he makes in every scene even when nothing is happening started hurting my brain by the half way point.

One complaint is this film is missing the moustachio hairy backed sexy of Franco Nero for a bit of style and of course sexy

Oh and the main bad guy is straight out of an 80s arcade beat em up tremendous.

7/10

Almost lost a point for the kid alone but maybe im just jealous cause i was afraid to stand up to my bullies as a kid

Probably my favourite out of the trilogy

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 9th January 2020, 08:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

QUOTE=trebor8273;617115]

With Rise of the Skywalker out the end of the week thought it was time too rewatch the movies before it's out.

It's not hard to see why this is thought as one of the poorest of the franchise.
Here are some reasons

midichlorians
Boring politics
Overly long pod race
Annoying child actor
Jar Jar ****ing Binks!

Some positive points

Darth Maul
Duel of the fates track
End lightsaber battle.
Qui-Gon-Jinn

6/10[/QUOTE]

I would agree with most of that except for the politics! I quite liked those scenes.

Like this? Share it using the links below!