Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2020, 11:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Unfriended. 2014

On the anniversary of a girl's suicide, a group of friends online start being menaced by someone using the dead girl's online social media accounts.

You see kiddies, this is what happens when you think it's funny to post videos up and do a bit of the online bullying, this was different and not without it's flaws, and shows how one person can manipulate others into revealing their secrets and lies. Think with this movie there was meant to be suspense but was very little and the acting wasn't great but not bad and the writing txt was a bit small or i need my eyes re-examined, maybe a second viewing will be in order.
I go for your eyes examined lol, it tried to be different in concept of first person view looking at the screen , there a sequel unfriended darkweb that's got decent and better reviews than first one.
Old 14th January 2020, 11:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I go for your eyes examined lol, it tried to be different in concept of first person view looking at the screen , I think there 3 of these I'll have to try other 2 it wasn't to bad tbh.
Cheers Nah, felt like Mr Magoo straining my eyes lol it was a interesting plot the way it was done will give it credit for that.
Old 15th January 2020, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cohen & Tate (Eric Red)

Remember the 80s? That decade which brought us so much, and left us with so little . We got films like this then . An unlikely trio hit the road. Three Amigos it isn't though. Does it work? Well, people didn't care about "misrepresentation" back then for a start. Well, no one that was listened to anyhow. Now that all is well and good in Hypocritewood, we can sit back and be good Germans cough.
Ahem. Mate was nonplussed. So was I tbh.

Villains

Pennywise takes the make up off for this one. A couple of desperados come across an "empty" house whilst escaping from their lastest escapade. Guess what happens when they find the basement holds an unusual occupant. Fun this was. Recommended. Decent performances all round etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 15th January 2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 15th January 2020, 03:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

phantom_from_space_poster_04.jpg
PHANTOM FROM SPACE (1953)

An unidentified object is tracked but disappears from radar. Later, reports of attacks by someone wearing something similar to a diving suit and having no head inside the helmet...

Endless taking and narration make this 70min movie seem like two hours! Boy does it drag.
The man from outer space is invisible, which suits the low budget. There are a few invisible scenes that look quite good but other than that the movie is a snooze fest.
Old 15th January 2020, 04:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Cheers Nah, felt like Mr Magoo straining my eyes lol it was a interesting plot the way it was done will give it credit for that.
I did say there was 2 sequels but I've corrected my comment there only one .
Old 15th January 2020, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Unfriended. 2014

On the anniversary of a girl's suicide, a group of friends online start being menaced by someone using the dead girl's online social media accounts.

You see kiddies, this is what happens when you think it's funny to post videos up and do a bit of the online bullying, this was different and not without it's flaws, and shows how one person can manipulate others into revealing their secrets and lies. Think with this movie there was meant to be suspense but was very little and the acting wasn't great but not bad and the writing txt was a bit small or i need my eyes re-examined, maybe a second viewing will be in order.
Found this (and sequel) were betterer on the old PC tbh. Then you can pretend you are in the film
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th January 2020, 06:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Visit. 2015.

Two siblings become increasingly frightened with their grandparents when they stay with them.

I thought I'd give this another glance and didn't get any better, this may be some people's cup of tea but for me it's like a bad cup of coffee you can tar a road with.

Deranged. 1976.

A farmer becomes a grave robber and murderer after his possessive mother passes away.

Based on the story of Ed Gein, Roberts Blossom gave out the creepy performance of the 'Mummy's Boy' vibe to a flick of a switch mass stalker and murderer. It is a strange movie with the narrator popping up which can be off putting and low budget, from start to finish this was enjoyable, Recommended.
Old 15th January 2020, 06:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Delta Delta Die! (2003)

Classic smutty gore headed by Julie Strain, Tiffany Shepis and Brinke Stevens, which sees Strain as the statuesque house mother / dominatrix of girl sorority Delta, Delta Pi.

Amid all the rampant nudity (Both female and male) there's a gory cannibal film trying to get out as the sleazy sorority girls kill their male conquests then eat them, either as fresh flesh or sold as pies on the university campus.

If you like this sort of stuff then i'd recommend this and if you don't then there's really nothing to see here.
Old 15th January 2020, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Future Hunters (1986)

An early role for the T1000 Robert Patrick . In the year 2025 the world is a desolate wasteland a mad mad not knockoff finds the spear of destiny, he ends up in the past (1986) and promptly dies but not before handing over the spear to Patrick and his girlfriend ,telling them if they reunite it with its sheath they can stop what's to come.

We have mad max style car chases , machete wielding midgets, Nazis, Amazon women , mobsters and kung fu masters and a villain that looks like a buff Jimmy Saville are some of the things throwing into the mix. It rips of a lot of films and max, Indiana Jones , to name a few.

But it's just so much fun, b-movie trash at its best. 7/10

Now watching The Head (1959)

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th January 2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 15th January 2020, 09:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Invasion_U.S.A._promo_art.jpg
INVASION USA (1952)

A group of people who meet at a bar in New York, watch and talk about the invasion and destruction of the USA by communist forces as it unfolds on the TV.

Pretty grim propaganda movie. The film makes use of a huge amount of real stock footage of bombings, aircraft, atomic explosions and Blitz devastation.
It also combines footage to make it look like hundreds of paratroopers are dropping on the Whitehouse. Despite a small twist at the end I enjoyed the movie in all it's grimness.

Like this? Share it using the links below!