Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2020, 01:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

960x0.jpg

Mothra,Rodan,King Ghidorah and of course Godzilla go head to head to destroy or save humanity but sadly people with their own agenda keep getting in the way

The story is pretty generic a family torn apart brought together by the love of their child people doing wrong and having a change of heart halfway through just in time to redeem themselves. People sacrificing their lives for the greater good and a military group gone rouge unleashing the monsters on the world.

This reminds me of the first Pacific Rim fantastic action but bogged down by pointless human drama. I don't expect amazing story here but they need to divide the time properly between monster action and the human side.

Great action great visual that will do

6/10
Old 5th February 2020, 02:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

hqdefault.jpg
THEM (1954)

The race is on to find two gigantic queen ants that survived the destruction of a nest in the desert. The trail leads to the storm drains in Los Angeles..

A special showing this time for me. Before mum passed she was going to watch the film with me. It was always a favourite of hers. Mum saw it at the cinema on it's original release. She always mentioned the sound the ants made.
So last night I watched the movie, and I know that mum was watching it with me.
Old 5th February 2020, 05:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

ORPHANS
Peter Mullan’s late 90s film set in Scotland, details the aftermath of their mother’s death on three brothers and their sister in Indicator’s latest Blu Ray release.
Kicking off with a fight in the pub on the night, the whole thing spirals in chaotic fashion for each family member as they try to come to terms with their grief and situations. Sad, dark, hilarious and outright bizarre in places, this astonishing film is dotted with loads of dark humour - utterly compelling and brilliant.
Mullan’s equally dark short films included here are also well worth checking out, as is an excellent reunion between the original cast. Highly recommended.

EDGE OF THE AXE
Jose Larraz brings us a by the numbers slasher, ‘updated’ to the 80s with some nerd with a big clunky computer.
The killer’s mask is creepy and there are a couple of gory murders, but apart from that, the whole thing is flat and lifeless. Hard to believe this is the same guy who brought us such gems as VAMPYRES, SYMPTOMS et al. No wonder is wasn’t included on a ‘ best of’ boxset.
Still hoping for a vol 2 set though. DEVIATION, SCREAM AND DIE, ESTIGMA maybe?
Old 5th February 2020, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just thought I'd post this here lowest rating films on rotten tomatoes so low there zero.

https://www.directexpose.com/rotten-...s-lowest-rated

Do you agree ?

Most I haven't seem tbh but staying alive zero that's a bit harsh while Its no classic its not bad tbh.
troggi likes this.
Old 5th February 2020, 05:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just thought I'd post this here lowest rating films on rotten tomatoes so low there zero.

https://www.directexpose.com/rotten-...s-lowest-rated

Do you agree ?

Most I haven't seem tbh but staying alive zero that's a bit harsh while Its no classic its not bad tbh.
This is not the place to discuss the merits or otherwise of films which have been critically panned, just the ones that (as the title suggests) you have seen recently.

Demoncrat and troggi like this.
Old 5th February 2020, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I only been on here 3 years nearly and a few times i have had a bit of stick with what i have posted up and just laughed it off, even now i still laugh, this is one place where everyone seems to band together and be there for each other. I can relate to depression, anxiety, 17 years ago i could have lost my life due to a stabbing, was told two millimeters deeper and i could have had some serious problems and i sank down and kept everything bottled in to the point of being told i was useless, pathetic, waste of space and suicide was an answer for me. Never bottle things in as it will eat away open up, we are all a good band of folks here.
I just want to say thank you to everyone for their support, I've had a lot of problems & have just started back on antidepressants (they seem to help even me out) and work plus family are difficult to juggle, i find it hard to concentrate on movies/books now as so much else going on so tend to stick to stuff I know.

I am/have been suicidal, and I don't feel judged on here. I'm trying to livemy best life & give my wife & son the life they deserve.

Love to all, and thank you once again for reading/listening.
Old 5th February 2020, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I watched mother! this aft for the first time on Netflix, boring rip-off of Rosemary’s Baby 2/5
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th February 2020, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A unhinged doctor with the help of his mentally challenged henchmen , kidnaps young woman to try and bring his dead wife back to life. Enjoyable and at a little over a hour it's over before it begins, good performance from Lugosi as the insane doctor. 6/10

Now watching

Old 5th February 2020, 09:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
I just want to say thank you to everyone for their support, I've had a lot of problems & have just started back on antidepressants (they seem to help even me out) and work plus family are difficult to juggle, i find it hard to concentrate on movies/books now as so much else going on so tend to stick to stuff I know.

I am/have been suicidal, and I don't feel judged on here. I'm trying to livemy best life & give my wife & son the life they deserve.

Love to all, and thank you once again for reading/listening.
The folk on here are good people and will always rally around you. Friends, even "virtual" ones are hard to come by and hard to lose if you treat 'em right but you don't treat a friend right by keeping quiet about what's hurting you.

By opening up you have gained more respect than you can possibly know and the right to be helped by others. If you feel that the best way to heal is to talk to everyone then do it. You will be heard and, hopefully, helped.

You can also talk privately to many of the members, many of whom have also had traumatic times, and they will also listen and help if they can. Please remember, though, that we are only laymen and cannot give definitive solutions.

Monster Magnet
Old 5th February 2020, 10:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Reality (Quentin Dupieux)

Finally got to see this. More shocked that there have been two more since. The list never ends ......

Ahem.
Director decides to see how far he can stretch his credibility and their credulity. OR metatextual smorgasbord reflecting on the place of narrative fiction in today's climate?
Needs a return, but then his all do. Word. :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (85.6 KB, 5 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 5th February 2020 at 11:56 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!