Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2020, 01:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I actually like watching Salo, make of that as you wish.
Seconded

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 8th February 2020, 03:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Salo, or the 120 days of Sodom. 1975.

During WWII four fascists kidnaps nine adolescent boys and girls, torture and degrade them for their own amusement while a women tells them her tales of her sexual encounters.

I have heard a lot of things bout this movie from books and chatter on here and curiosity got the better of me (yes it's my first time seeing this film) What Da F***K have i just watched, i knew what i was going into with this film but didn't think it be this bad, total degradation of young people for perverts amusements. Why was this film mentioned in the 1001 movies to see before you die? Tom Six when a bit far with Human Centipede that was bearable but this pushed the boundaries. Not one i would recommend.

Attachment 222460
I know there is shit in it so im out
Old 8th February 2020, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Keep repeating ... it's only chocolate ....

Dark Horse (2011, Todd Solondz)

Ah, he did it again.
Easily the least Soldondz-y of his films, in that you can actually watch the screen for more than 10 minutes at a time without squirming
Abe buys toys on the internet and still stays at home. But he's in no way on any spectrum . Striking a bargain with a depressed acquaintance, he sees a way out of his predicament. It's not a piece of fluff by any other standards. I cried at the end, and not out of sheer terror this time thank Cthulhu .
As always a great use of music counterpoints the action on screen.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th February 2020, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Race driver Alex Furlong ( Emilio Estevez) is brought 17 years into the future , seconds before his death, waking up a prisoner he escapes and discovers he is a freejack some one brought to the future so that the rich and powerful can transfer their consciousness to a new body , he sets out to find his girlfriend all the time being chased by Victor Vacendak (Mick Jagger) and his band of goons. Enjoyable if instantly forgettable, Jagger was better than I expected he would be. 5/10

Now watching

Old 8th February 2020, 09:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Belko Experiment. Office workers in Colombia find themselves trapped in their building and ordered by a disembodied voice to kill so many of their co-workers - or twice that number will be killed by the explosives in the "trackers" placed in their bodies upon employment (supposedly for their own security). Chaos soon ensues. Second viewing of this late 2010s horror thriller, just as good second time. Something of a modern classic.
Old 8th February 2020, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It never fails , lost count how many times I've seen this film yet i still jump at the head scene!

A classic no other way to describe this masterpiece, often imitated but never bettered , great script , soundtrack, great acting and expertly directed. The first "blockbuster " and film to pass 100 million at the box office. Which today with many films costing that or more to make might not sound impressive , but it was at the time. 10/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 8th February 2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 9th February 2020, 01:44 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

It never fails , lost count how many times I've seen this film yet i still jump at the head scene!

A classic no other way to describe this masterpiece, often imitated but never bettered , great script , soundtrack, great acting and expertly directed. The first "blockbuster " and film to pass 100 million at the box office. Which today with many films costing that or more to make might not sound impressive , but it was at the time. 10/10
One of the greatest of all time.
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 9th February 2020, 11:36 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Downton Abbey (2019)

To anyone like me who loved the series (I've watched it twice in full - most recently last November) then this movie continuing the saga of the Crawley family and all who work for them at their sprawling mansion is wonderfully cozy comfort viewing.

Beautifully written and performed, a sheer joy.

Rambo: Last Blood (2019)

How on earth do you follow Downton Abbey?

With some cold blooded revenge killing courtesy of John Rambo.

Hugely enjoyable, but i expected more violence than what we actually witnessed.
Old 9th February 2020, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Eye In The Labyrinth (1972, Mario Caiano)

A psychiatrist's partner travels to a coastal town in hope of answers to his sudden disappearance. What she finds, she may not like to hear ...
A hoot. The locals are charming and over attentive cough.
Plenty of close ups, jarring "rock" music on the ST and intrigue a go go ... with some lovely opportunities for swimming and t'ing
Not as overly violent, but just as bonkers as most giallo.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th February 2020, 05:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
One of the greatest jump scares in film history.

Like this? Share it using the links below!