Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2020, 09:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The evil baron is up too his old tricks once again. This time he's transferred the soul of a man wrongly accused of murder and killed into the body of his girlfriend, whom becomes possessed by his soul and uses her to seek vengeance on those responsible for the murder he was killed for. 7.5/10

John Boy Waltons planet is attacked and giving a warning by John Saxon and his band of mutants.

So John Boy sets out in his tit ship to find mercenaries to help him save his planet. He gets the help of the man from uncle, Hannibal Smith and Sybil Dannings big titties as well some assorted aliens. 8/10
Old 16th March 2020, 10:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Soylent Green (1973)

Richard Fleischer's big budget take on Harry Harrison's story Make Room, Make Room is an impressively depressing film that depicts life in an over crowded New York in the year 2022.

Starring an excellent Charlton Heston as a cop investigating a series of murders in which it turns out are perpetrated in order to keep a terrifying secret. Much of the film plays out like a standard noir thriller which makes the scenes of near anarchy in the streets even more frightening and hard hitting.

Possibly the most melancholic scenes involve the great Edward G Robinson in his last film role. He's quite fantastic here as he, ironically to the rest of the film, portrays a dying man seeking out a pleasant form of suicide which in turn ties in with the secret of Soylent Green all along culminating in a truly heartbreaking final few scenes.
Old 16th March 2020, 10:27 PM
Cult Master

The first 3 Lethal Weapon films back to back. Its been a long time the chemistry between Gibson and Glover is so brilliant many genuinely laugh out loud moments in all these films. Great comedy great action great characters and a great time.
Old 17th March 2020, 03:53 PM
Cult Master

MV5BYmU2YTYwYmUtMTYzOC00YzJmLTk1NDktMzU4YzA3Njc1ZmY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

Marriage, babies , retirement , grandkids and a new triad threat are set to drive Riggs and Murtaugh even crazier than they already are.

Right off the bat Lethal Weapon kicks into top gear with high octane action when a guy in full armour a machine gun and a flamethrower is terrorising central L.A but as always Riggs has a crazy plan to get them out of this dangerous situation leading to the first of many hilarious moments throughout Danny Glover doing a chicken dance in his heart covered boxers

The films keeps up this great pace of action and comedy all the way through with Jet Lei pulling off some eye watering martial arts and Joe Pesci just doing Joe Pesci i absolutely love his character but this time around he shows a more venerable side which was a nice little deeper look into the character.

My only issue with the film and i only realised this last night was Chris Rock. I was a massive fan of him when i was younger but as i have gotten old i just don't like him. Here he doesn't seem like he is acting he is just doing a set so it doesn't flow naturally and his set doesn't fit into the film it just way off the mark and stands out like a soar thumb.

Lethal Weapon sill has the same great chemistry nothing was lost in between each film plenty of action comedy and mostly great new characters that mostly just blend in seamlessly like they have been there since day one. Four great movies that can't but put a smile on your face.

8/10
Old 17th March 2020, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here the man of steel crash to earth in Russia in the 1940s instead of America. Superman tries to bring peace to the world with his communists ideals this does sit well with most of the rest of the world, especially Lex Luthor , all major characters are here in some form, Lex, Lois, Jimmy Olsen , Wonder woman and Batman but all different from the characters we know, at times it's hard to tell who the good guys and the bad guys are ,with both Lex and superman doing terrible things. Quite different from the graphic novel of same name, but another good animated DC feature that's better than most of there live action stuff. 7/10

Now watching

Old 17th March 2020, 06:19 PM
Cult Master

91q6Rj4AQoL._RI_.jpg

Once again Rambo is forced back from the wilderness for another thankless mission in someone elses war. After refusing to take part his hand is forced when Colonel Trautman heads to Afghanistan without him and is captured by Rauusian Forces so its up to Rambo to team up with the rebels and rescue his friend.

From stick fighting to building temples to riding horses at breakneck speed to ripping the heart out of the invading Russian Forces Rambo has seen and dont it all on this outing. With some beautiful views of the Afghanistan countryside and the usual violence that Rambo brings to him enemies this is another great addition to the Rambo franchise. I love the deeper meaning behind all these films and the beautiful use of the signature Rambo music making it more than just a dump action hero series but if you dont want to find the message you can have that too.

8/10
Old 17th March 2020, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Girl On The Third Floor (Travis Stevens)

I'm not sure with this one. I enjoyed it more than The Room (NOT THAT ONE ), but less than Poltergeist etc.

A young couple move into a new house. It has a "past". Also some very friendly neighbours (very friendly in one case ), but it all seems a bit predictable, sorry. Am I getting too old to watch modern psych horrors? Have I seen it all before then?? FFS I hope NOT

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th March 2020, 07:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Grotesque (1988)

Linda Blair and Tab Hunter head an eclectic cast in this film that can only be described as The Last House on the Left meets... God knows what!

Blair and a girl pal visit the remote cabin of her former Hollywood make up maestro father, but the cabin's inhabitants end up viciously attacked by a gang of punks straight out of Death Wish. Fortunately Linda is saved by her hideously deformed brother and then all hell breaks loose in this twisty horror movie.

With a resolution straight out of comic book horror, Grotesque is a fun yet plainly rubbish film which is both depraved and daft, often at the same time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gPEbwaAZPPG2qycAPdi4UYCWQQN.jpg (86.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 17th March 2020, 09:10 PM
Cult Master

MV5BNGZkMmYzMTAtNzllYy00NzU3LWJiNzktNzdjZGU3OWM3ZmU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

Double denim double uzis explosions rockets and just complete over the top madness Invasion USA is an 80s action fans dream unless you hate Chuck Norris but who the hell hates Chuck Norris cough i know one person here cough

Never fails to cheer me up its brainless and all fun all the time.

8/10
Old 17th March 2020, 10:37 PM
Cult Master

Delta_force_poster.jpg

After a plane is hijacked full of Americans the Delta Force are sent to the middle east to rescue them lead by Chuck Norris and Lee Marvin hilarity ensues

This film is hilarious once you get past the darker somber hijack scenes with the Jewish passengers forced to relive their time in Nazi Germany. But once that part is over and feet are back on the ground out come the explosions rockets motorbikes with rockets horses with rockets chickens with rockets priest with rockets busty lonly milfs with broken washing machines in need of repair by young easily persuaded young men with rockets yes thats right everyone has rockets in this film.

Lee Marvin doesn't get to do much only run around making phone calls and holding Chuck Norris's leash until the time it right to single handedly put Middles Eastern infrastructure back about 100 years with yes you guesses it ROCKETS

I love the soundtrack to this film its so 80s fist pumping into the stratosphere every time the main theme plays which is every few minutes and when its not playing you can actually hear is constantly simmering in the background just waiting for Lee Marvin to give the go ahead to fist pump you in the face

7/10

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 18th March 2020 at 09:16 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!