Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2020, 11:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
My guilt was actually enjoying Witchcraft with Linda Blair and David Hasslehoff and maybe Cannibal Terror
I love Witchcraft, her hair being the scariest thing about it tee hee
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2020, 08:44 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Terror Train (1980) ★★★½

Quote:
A masked killer targets six college kids responsible for a prank gone wrong three years earlier and who are currently throwing a large New Year’s Eve costume party aboard a moving train.
This is a well-crafted slasher film which retains its tension and atmosphere even with repeated viewings. Roger Spottiswoode does a great job of using the single location to imbue a sense of claustrophobia and narrow down the number of suspects whilst increasing the danger for our protagonists extremely well.

It's a good slasher movie which 88 Films have included in their Slasher Classics Collection with a bunch of extra features – including two commentaries – which I intend to watch over the next couple of days.
Old 1st April 2020, 09:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

fantastic-four-2005-poster-121751.jpg
FANTASTIC FOUR (Extended Cut) (2005)

Over the years the two Fantastic Four movies have come in to some criticism.
For me, I just don't know why that would be.
People have got to remember that this movie was among the first of the Marvel films along with X-MEN, X-MEN 2, DAREDEVIL, SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN 2. The MCU would not come in until 2008.
The movie is great fun. Pure comic book entertainment and just a real straightforward story. Sure, the film has it's faults but I say, sit back and enjoy the comic book ride of this somewhat forgotten movie in Marvel's early years.
Old 1st April 2020, 09:29 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 223408
FANTASTIC FOUR (Extended Cut) (2005)

Over the years the two Fantastic Four movies have come in to some criticism.
For me, I just don't know why that would be.
People have got to remember that this movie was among the first of the Marvel films along with X-MEN, X-MEN 2, DAREDEVIL, SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN 2. The MCU would not come in until 2008.
The movie is great fun. Pure comic book entertainment and just a real straightforward story. Sure, the film has it's faults but I say, sit back and enjoy the comic book ride of this somewhat forgotten movie in Marvel's early years.
I loved both Fantastic Four movies. Seeing the Silver Surfer on screen was awesome.

The less said about that reboot debacle a few years ago the better. That was shockingly bad.
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 1st April 2020, 10:23 AM
Cult Veteran

Contagion (2011)

Scarily accurate medical thriller about the spread of a novel virus. Great cast! Worth a watch if you want to give yourself a scare...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st April 2020, 11:18 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Contagion (2011)

Scarily accurate medical thriller about the spread of a novel virus. Great cast! Worth a watch if you want to give yourself a scare...

Got to be honest. I saw this a few years back and it bored me to tears.
Old 1st April 2020, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That's the one where Paltrow cannae keep her legs shut so the whole world perishes, aye???

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2020, 05:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Alfie Darling (1975)

Musician Alan Price takes over the mantle of Alfie from Michael Caine in this belated sequel to 1965's Alfie. Now a trucker across Europe along with best mate Paul Copley, Alfie has a bird in every port and he always comes back for more.

The first third of Alfie Darling plays like a bawdy romp, a tamer version of the Confessions of / Adventures of series of films popular in Britain at the time, however as things settle down a proper story develops as Alfie really falls for new 'bird' Jill Townsend and life gets complicated for our 'jack the lad'.

I really liked Alfie Darling. It's a better film than it's reputation suggests and boasts a bevy of British babes (Joan Collins, Rula Lenska, Sheila White, Vicki Michelle) who are more than happy about showing Alfie a good time and none of them are shy about it. Yet for all the sauciness it's later on when Price comes across as a more vulnerable Alfie that you really begin to sympathise with the character and his on off relationship with Haworth and the film becomes more rewarding.

The newly restored Network disc looks fantastic.
Old 1st April 2020, 06:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Waxwork II: Lost In Time (1992, Anthony Hickox)

What a hoot! Easily a more "compatible" film than the first. WTF? Continuing straight on from the first one, our determined duo struggle to break free of the terrifying grip of .... well, that's a spoiler anyhow. Far gorier than the first, it's got Campbell in it looking dashing (awwwwwwwwwww), so that's good enough for this demon. A hoot. Ahem.

[B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 1st April 2020 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Ahem! Have cleaned my glasses now
Old 1st April 2020, 06:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Waxwork II: Lost In Time (1992, Anthony Hickox)

What a hoot! Easily a more "compatible" film than the first. WTF? Continuing straight on from the first one, our determined duo struggle to break free of the terrifying grip of .... well, that's a spoiler anyhow. Far gorier than the first, it's got Combs in it looking dashing (awwwwwwwwwww), so that's good enough for this demon. A hoot. Ahem.
Completely forgot about this one. I bought the US dvd a while back which has both movies, watched the first a few weeks ago and forgot the second.

Thanks for the reminder, D.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!