All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179476Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2020, 02:36 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Black Mountain Side (2014)
I'm intrigued - just ordered the dvd from music magpie.
Old 3rd May 2020, 02:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroid View Post
I'm intrigued - just ordered the dvd from music magpie.
I hope you enjoy it, zeroid

And i also hope you took note of my use of the words slow burn.
Old 3rd May 2020, 05:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:
I hope you enjoy it, zeroid

And i also hope you took note of my use of the words slow burn.
Oh I'm all about the slow burn these days films I've particularly enjoyed over the last few years include The Endless, Personal Shopper, Blade Runner 2049 and one of my all time faves is Antonioni's The Passenger...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 3rd May 2020, 06:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Oh I'm all about the slow burn these days films I've particularly enjoyed over the last few years include The Endless, Personal Shopper, Blade Runner 2049 and one of my all time faves is Antonioni's The Passenger...
I've liked slow burners for sometime because they are better told, better story and build upto something and sometimes more rewarding, that's why I don't mind midsommar and vvitch.
zeroid and MrBarlow like this.
Old 3rd May 2020, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Premutos. 1997.

The fallen angel Premutos wants to control the world of the living and dead, his attempts to do so through the ages is thwarted. In present time he comes back by accident and tries again.

This is a strange horror from Germany that may seem like a ghost story but turns into a zombie film that goes back and forth in back flashes with the main character being the focus of the family bloodline that's been selected as the chosen one.

The film does start off explaining the back ground of Premutos then becomes the start of the guy who sleeps then wakes up in the past. It certainly does have it's good gory moments with good kills and few ball shots and bites moments as well as some really bad dubbing that makes it more comical but may have been decently written in it's native language, the dinner party seemed to go on and have very little meaning to it.

MV5BZjdkY2UyYjgtMTIxMS00MDI4LTk0NmMtNzBjOTllNDg5YmYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg
Old 3rd May 2020, 08:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Seoul Station

Anime film regarding the start of a zombie apocalypse and the story of a dad trying to find his daughter. It's my 1st Anime film and I rather enjoyed it. There was a twist at the end which I didn't see coming. This is also the prequel to Train To Busain, which is on my viewing schedule.

Accepted

An under the radar teen flick in which Justin Long can't get into College, so he along a couple of others (Including Jonah Hill) invent a College. Soon by accident others come along thinking they have enrolled into the fake College. Soon they are in the sights of a snobby College and Fraternity. It follows the standard script of the idea going well only for it to fall apart followed by the feel good ending. This is the type of film that gets released at the Cinema the same week as a major film so it can sell tickets when the customer's intended film sells out but this is an easy watch and quite a bit of fun.

Two Evil Eyes

George A Romero and Dario Argento each direct a short Edgar Allan Poe story. I ended up forwarding most of this film on as I found it quite boring.

Top Gun

The Tom Cruise 80's film in which he's a Fighter Pilot who's in the most elite training course. He soon falls in love with Civilian Instructor Kelly McGillis. This is a well known 80's movie which is good and a film that I can watch now and then but I don't think it's the classic that it's made out to be.

I can imagine Danger Zone and Take My Breathe Away was cranked up on the record players back in 1986 especially in The Summer.

Footsoldier

British thriller in which a woman is hunted in the woods after hunters accidentally shoot her fiancé. It really wasn't all that good.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Currently on as background, this in a way is a weird film for me to judge being that it's overlong and indulgent in places but certainly has it's moments and I wasn't bored watching it at the Cinema.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg se.jpg (14.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg a.jpg (15.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg tee.jpg (15.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg tg.jpg (14.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg f.jpg (13.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ouatih.jpg (12.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 3rd May 2020, 08:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
A Knight's Tale (2001)

Sometimes a film is worth watching for pure entertainment value alone, rather than scrutinizing the story or it's anachronistic dialogue and soundtrack, i always find A Knight's Tale to be a simple fun filled experience.

Heath Ledger is great as the Knight in question as is Mark Addy (Playing basically the same role as he would in the BBC'S Atlantis series some years down the line) and Paul Bettany who steals every scene, even those involving the sneery Rufus Sewell.

So if you want to cry piss and vinegar about the use of football crowd chants or Thin Lizzy on the soundtrack then A Knight's Tale is not for you but if you just want two hours of entertainment in these lonely days of lockdown then this film fits the bill perfectly.
Found this in a Poundland on Saturday, picked it up, it sounds good but I am concerned about the 127 minute running time for this type of movie. But presently have a lot of time on my hands at the minute lol
Old 3rd May 2020, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched both Guardians of the galaxy films back to back. I really love these films both easily in my top five marvel movies and far superior family sci-fi too the new star wars films with the exception of Rogue One. Humour with great characters and films that show how a great sound track can make a film and who doesn't love Baby Groot!

Now watching The Thing ( 1982).

Last edited by trebor8273; 3rd May 2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

976-Evil: The Astral Factor. 1992.

A harmless horror-scope number gives a teacher supernatural powers from beyond the grave.

I wouldn't say this was a superior sequel to the first film, this started off interesting in a way it deals with astral projectory, but half way it slowly goes downhill to being stupid and how a student has some sort of connection with the teacher is never really explained. Patrick O'Bryan returns from the first film as Spike who has escaped the fate of the number and helps out a student of the murderous teacher and a small cameo appearance by Brigette Nielsen as a witch book store owner, it does have good make-up creations, maybe worth a re-watch at some point.

MV5BNDg2MjU5NTIyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM2NTkwMzE@._V1_.jpg
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I thought Personal Shopper was excellent. Superb performance by Kristen Stewart.

Like this? Share it using the links below!