All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2020, 07:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have the Entertainment in Video DVD of Two Days in the Valley and it's been many years since I watched it.

From memory, it's a film I rate highly and very much enjoyed watching, so I might have to take it out of the drawer where it is filed away and put it with the 'to watch' pile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Two Days in the Valley.jpg (21.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 15th May 2020, 09:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have the Entertainment in Video DVD of Two Days in the Valley
Snap. Me too.
Old 16th May 2020, 11:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

OIPH1Q1PKCK.jpg
KANSAS CITY BOMBER (1972)

K.C Carr (Raquel Welch) is forced to leave the Kansas City Roller Game team.
She joins the Portland Loggers and soon finds an enemy in team mate Jackie Burdette. To add to her problems, K.C starts a relationship with the team owner which leads to her team mates being suspicious of her. K.C finds out that the owner is responsible for what friends she did have, being removed from the team..

I have always loved this movie. Raquel looks great as the gum chewing, bad mouthing roller skating hero.
Plenty of action and fights around the arena with some real roller game stars.
Some of the more dangerous skating and fighting is an obvious double but that does not detract from this enjoyable fun ride.

1_fYxvicqI7to9TVri5h3cWA.jpg
Old 16th May 2020, 05:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A good woman is hard to find. 2019.

A recently widowed young mother tries to protect her children when a young man has stolen from a drug dealer and tries to uncover what actually happened to her husband. When the police seem uninterested and her own mother believes that her daughter's husband was a dealer she seeks the truth herself.

This seemed to have potential from the start, single parent struggling with life after the death of her partner and a mute son who saw the tragedy happen, Sarah Bolger plays the young mother well and almost has the audience feeling sympathy for her. Andrew Simpson plays Tito, who has ripped off a dealer and how he has done it was decently and daring, he invades Sarah's life but karma comes.

The film seemed to start of at a good pace then slowly goes downhill and then back up to the pace with and some tension in the middle with the dealer and his two cronies looking for answers and a small brutal attack. Towards the last 15-20 minutes of the film the tension is well built up perfectly. This wasn't a great movie but also not terrible, second viewing may help.

MV5BMGNjYTNhMmUtNGIwNy00MTAxLWJmNGYtMTJkMjRmMjJjYmU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg4NDU4OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg
Old 16th May 2020, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Polaroid. 2019.

A young teen finds a camera and believes it to be cursed when photos of people meeting a violent end.

Another cursed/ supernatural object is brought to us by a old camera that seems to bring along a ghost with it and appears to have plenty of film in it. This one seems to start of well then thrown into the story quick and instead of been dragged on then thrown into it half way through. The acting was decent surprisingly, it's like the actors knew how to be teenagers. The death scenes were done well and may be mild to what has been seen before. Only problem i had while watching this was sat in the dark during some scenes and a few scenes of flashing lights, (anyone that's epileptic be aware). View it with a open mind.

MV5BNTYzYmU3MmItNGYzNS00MDllLWE1OGItZjdiNDc3YmI1NmVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3MjQzNTI@._V1_.jpg
Old 16th May 2020, 10:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Saved, Zatochi & Lord Of War

Saved

A teenage girl who is brought up religious and attends a Catholic School ends up pregnant after trying to save her boyfriend after he says he's gay. She befriends the school outcast and a wheelchair bound Macauley Culkin (He was quite good) who is the Brother of Mandy Moore, who is the school's most popular girl and takes things way to seriously. This is one of those under the radar films that is an excellent watch. The acting is excellent along with the script and it has the bonus of making the film's villains (They aren't in the traditional sense) not zealots, just take their beliefs too far. Watch if you can.

Zatochi

The story of a blind Masseuse who arrives in a small village where local crime figures rule. He meets up with a Brother and Sister (Who are out for revenge), a Ronin (Looking to pay for his sick wife's medical bills) and a woman and her gambling Nephew. This was entertaining back when it first came out but whilst still enjoyable, I found it to be slower than I remember.

Lord Of War

Nicholas Cage becomes one of the world's leading black market arms dealer. Selling to numerous countries and warlords, he has to keep ahead of Agent Ethan Hawke. This is good, disturbing that this was based on true events.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s.jpg (11.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg z.jpg (8.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg low.jpg (11.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 16th May 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Saved

A teenage girl who is brought up religious and attends a Catholic School ends up pregnant after trying to save her boyfriend after he says he's gay. She befriends the school outcast and a wheelchair bound Macauley Culkin (He was quite good) who is the Brother of Mandy Moore, who is the school's most popular girl and takes things way to seriously. This is one of those under the radar films that is an excellent watch. The acting is excellent along with the script and it has the bonus of making the film's villains (They aren't in the traditional sense) not zealots, just take their beliefs too far. Watch if you can.
I saw Eva Amurri, (who played the punkish Cassandra in Saved) in a series of Californication. She really wasn't shy.

I totally agree, Saved is a brilliant film.
Old 16th May 2020, 11:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Smokey and the Bandit (1977)

90 minutes of pure unadulterated car chases with Burt Reynolds and Sally Field a double act to cherish and a refreshingly seventies lack of CGI and loads of practical stunt driving.

Good fun from first to last even if Jackie Gleason's sheriff was a straight rip of Clifton James' sheriff J.W. Pepper from Live and Let Die and The Man With the Golden Gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51r8cllBnhL._AC_.jpg (32.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th May 2020, 10:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

bait-poster03.jpg
BAIT (2012)

After a tsunami, a group of survivors in a flooded supermarket find themselves trapped by Great White sharks..

Entertaining movie with some good shark and attack effects.
Just sit back and enjoy the fun.
Old 17th May 2020, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I agree regarding Kylo Ren. Utterly abysmal. I think the only ones that rate him are those that fancy Adam Driver.

As for The Rise of Skywalker. I doubt i'll ever see it.
I lol'd because it's true at least in my case.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!