Like Tree179484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2020, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Of course I did!

****ing predicted text or whatever you call it!
I thought the predictive text malarkey only happens to me...nice to see someone else suffer from it for a change
Old 26th May 2020, 11:25 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Of course I did!

****ing predicted text or whatever you call it!
Do you write 'Morrison's' often?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th May 2020, 05:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Two Undercover Angels (1969)

Jess Franco's light and frothy Two Undercover Angels is more on the lines of Fathom or Modesty Blaise or the Flint movies than it is the auteur's usual horror erotica. Clearly Franco took inspiration from working with producer Harry Alan Towers when it came to this and follow up feature Kiss Me Monster, shot back to back with the same cast.

The film, about the Red Lips detective agency comprising the lovely Rosanna Yanni and Janine Reynaud, as they attempt to uncover the mystery of why models are disappearing. Cue confrontations with Adrian Hoven's Bond like villain and semi werewolf henchman Michel Lemoine as the girls, in their scanty but exotic attire, end up in scrape after scrape.

This may not be Jess Franco's best film but i really like it. It's refreshing, it's kitsch, it's colourful, it's sexy and the girls are easy on the eye without being explicit, in short i think it's a lot of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (60.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 26th May 2020, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Midnight Offerings. 1981.

Vivian uses her magical powers to help her boyfriend when he could be loosing his scholarship. Robin a new girl finds she has the same powers and goes head to head with Vivian.

This is one of low budget T.V. movies from the 80s that was mildly enjoyable of good versus evil witches showdown, Melissa Sue Anderson (Little house on the prairie) plays Vivian who is dating David (Patrick Cassidy) who has a active social life. When a teacher dies it's listed as a car accident but David seems to think something else was involved. Mary Beth McDonough ( The Waltons) plays new girl Robin and has a gift and tries to save David. There isn't much special effects in this as it is more mind game playing until the showdown, and the actors do try to make it interesting. it can be a slow burner but does eventually explain a lot as it goes on. Think this can be one to view with a clear mind.

MV5BMzllMWYwYjMtNWI1Yi00Mzc1LTlhMmMtM2ViZTNmOTEwODFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 26th May 2020, 09:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Color Of Money

Color Of Money

Sequel to The Hustler in which Paul Newman takes Tom Cruise under his wing teaching him the ways of Pool Hustling. Decent film, which under 2 hours long, doesn't drag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg com.jpg (14.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 26th May 2020, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Jaws (1975)

How do i go about reviewing one of my favourite films of all time?

Much like the other times i attempt it no doubt with just a few words saying how it's a film that has stayed with me since the very first time i watched it and grown in my estimations ever since, and was as fantastic this evening as it has been each and every other time...

...Then wander off drunkenly singing “Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women” and hope no one notices i've bluffed my way through a so called review of one of my top ten films without really saying anything at all.
Old 27th May 2020, 06:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Your Witness (1950)

British drama directed by and starring Robert Montgomery as an American lawyer who comes over to a sleepy English village to defend a friend who saved his life during the Anzio campaign in the war, who ends up accused of murder.

The first part of the film is decent fun as New Yorker Montgomery adapts to quaint English traditions building up towards a court case finale. Although the film is quite slow moving Montgomery is watchable enough in his final screen performance as is Leslie Banks in his, but what i enjoyed most was the lengthy role a young and almost unrecognizable Michael Ripper had as the war veteran on trial for murder.

The Network dvd looks and sounds splendid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81YgqjIRtZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (100.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 28th May 2020, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Chop chop

Chopping Mall.(1986)
You have to admire Barbara Crampton,she was never shy about getting her clothes off. Although I should imagine being actress in the 1980s,the one question a producer might ask back then is will you do nude scene. And the only way to get the part is by saying yes presumably. (then again this was the 80s,and T & A was expected to be seen in most low budget trash). That and agreeing to have some rather dodgy looking robots,who look like they wouldn't even make the first round of Robot Wars,let alone kill a bunch of randy over sexed employees at the local shopping mall,chase you and your colleagues. Killbots, its original title,and the one which I prefer, is a fun,low budget slice of daftness, that perfectly encapsulates, the kind of film Roger Corman was releasing through Concorde Pictures at the time. And just to make sure,you and the audience knows this,nearly every part of the mall has a movie poster from Concorde Pictures,plastered somewhere. And if that wasn't enough, they also stick in some cameo roles for,Dick Miller as Walter Paisley and Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov as Mr and Mrs Bland. As long as you can stomach the shit eating grins from the jocks, and enjoy a bit of mild T&A,you should enjoy this nonsense. Why does every shopping mall in the States seem to have a shop that has every weapon and ammunition imaginable straight of the shelve …oh I know just in case there kill bot's go batshit crazy one day....Bonkers ..…

Old 28th May 2020, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Cannibal Ferox, Blood Tide & White Fire

Cannibal Ferox

Notorious Cannibal movie in which some American Students meet up with 2 other Americans in The Amazon Jungle. Some plot holes aplenty (If Cannibals were attacking you, you wouldn't sleep in their village or take the word of a Drug addict who's flaunting the fact) Anyway some really gory deaths occur and is a decent watch (If this is your sort of thing) When I was a Teen, I read up on The Video Nasties and was fascinated by The Cannibal Films.

I eventually purchased The Vipco Video from HMV for 15.49 (I was not versed on the importing international uncut versions) obviously it was cut heavily (Which I still found enjoyable) I eventually bought The Dutch Uncut version which obviously is a better version but I always forwarded on the Animal stuff (THERE IS NO NEED WHATSOEVER FOR THAT TO BE INCLUDED) I have now got the Shameless Blu Ray. The picture was a lot better but the fast forward button was at the ready.

Blood Tide

Martin Kove travels with his wife to Greece to find his missing Sister. They do but encounter, Deep Sea Diver James Earl Jones, his Assistant and some strange locals. It appears Jones has awakened a mythical sea creature which feasts on Swimmers and Virgins sacrificed by the villagers. The synopsis made this sound really good but it's very slow to get going and when it does look like, it's about to get going, it ends suddenly. Such a shame, with a better script, I feel this could have been a really popular and well regarded film.

White Fire

Robert Ginty is part of a Diamond Theft ring (Along with his Sister who he's close with lol) who goes after a rare and valuable Diamond. Along the way he encounters a Hooker and Fred Williamson (Looking for the Hooker).

I must admit that I have not heard of this film until Arrow made the announcement and when the vast comments on Facebook were positive and the criticisms were mainly on the cover art, this was a mandatory purchase and this is a barmy movie which has some gore in it.

It first I thought this was a foreign dubbed movie because it seemed that Ginty had a deeper voice than when he was in The Exterminator but I was wrong
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cf.jpg (12.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bt.jpg (13.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wf.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 28th May 2020, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Kiss Me Monster (1969)

Filmed back to back with the larger than life Two Undercover Angels, utilizing the same cast it makes me wonder how Jess Franco and producer Adrian Hoven could get this so badly wrong.

How they make a slight plot seem so convoluted is one that baffles each time i watch Kiss Me Monster. Certainly Rosanna Yanni and Janine Reynaud as the 'Red Lips' detectives give it there all but aside from a fun nightclub jazz sequence they have nothing inspiring to work with which is a huge shame as they make a delightful duo.

To say i always find this a disappointment is an understatement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K_mich_Monster-175965090-large.jpg (96.2 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!