Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2020, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Haunts. 1976.

A young farm woman is convinced her Uncle is responsible for a spate of murders on local girls.

This was a hard plot to follow even though it did have some good quality acting in it and somewhat of a sexual predator and killer on the loose but seemed more psychological thriller. May Britt plays the young farmer's Niece Ingrid who has suppressed memories of her mother's death and has somewhat found religion as a comfort. Aldo Ray plays the town's Sheriff trying to find the killer and believes he may have caught the man. There is a decent background score by Pino Donaggio and some good cinematography but felt the director was going one way and went in a different direction with a very slow build up that seemed to drag on a bit too much.

MV5BNGU4YzRiZWUtYzg5Zi00NDdkLWI0NWUtMzhkNzczMmYwZDAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU4ODM5Nw@@._V1_SY999_CR0,0.jpg

Last edited by MrBarlow; 29th May 2020 at 06:50 AM.
Old 29th May 2020, 01:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Fury of the Wolfman. 1972.

A man has a curse put on him with the help of a pentagram, a female mad scientist performs a brainwashing treatment to control him and the wolf.

70s madcap horror from Spain that seems to jump the gun quite a lot, for some reason the main character was at home then seems to be running around a different building electrocuting himself in the process and then is dug up by a female scientist who wants to channel and control the inner beast. This may not be the best Wolfman story but certainly not the worst, the first attack seemed pretty stupid, the second looked like it was filmed at high speed, the acting was ok aside from bad dubbing but hey this was actually good.

MV5BMTcwNzUyNTk0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjg0MTA5._V1_.jpg
Old 29th May 2020, 03:13 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

175dfc93a855f66f9af5cc7152c71263a5d15e83bd57acf2abef6e63e422502e._V_SX300_.jpg

Jason Blade thats probably all i need to say about this film Jason BLADE

Jason Blade works for a special crime task force and he has come up against a dangerous crime boss and his number one henchman. After his partner is killed he goes to Perth to get revenge soon he is face to face with his foe but this time he has the upper and but its not in him to kill so he sends them both to prison a decision he will soon regret.When the henchman escapes (names are not important here apart from JASON BLADE of course) he kidnaps Jason's girlfriend and issues an ulltimatum to Jason show up alone or she is dead.

The acting is cheesy as hell but the action is fantastic the entire film is non stop action Jason Blade kicks ass. So many hilarious scenes gym montages with only mood lighting of course. There is a chase scene that is so stupid when they start climbing the side of an apartment block just the climb back down the other side not even a roof top fight just straight up and down

So much cheesy fun im gonna have to watch Day of the Panther soon.
Old 29th May 2020, 03:32 PM
Cult Master

29695526_1731570786923406_5381934905300095476_n.jpg

A group of complete asshole stuck up rich bitch girls get together for a pool party and soon they start getting picked off with a variety of power tools.

The acting is completely horrendous i hated every single character they are everything i hate in people apart from Clay he was funny but compared to the rest of the cast that wouldn't be hard. I couldn't wait for these people to all die.

For a low budget film the kills looked decent nice practical FX some of the weapons do look like they are rubber but ill still give credit for the effort. There is also a bit of social commentary here too watching these girls obsessed with instagram likes and just self obsession rather than enjoying the time we have together with actual people rather than living life through their phones.

This is a one time only viewing i couldn't sit through it again i found it somewhat entertaining but nit enough to comeback again.
Old 29th May 2020, 03:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Pool Party Massacre (2017)

A rich spoilt teenage brat decides to throw a pool party for her friends when her parents leave her alone for the weekend and are picked off one by one by a deranged killer that likes to use a variety of different weapons. The plot is as thin as the really bad looking fake blood, the dialogue is almost as bad as the acting, the fx are amateurish and the entire film is nothing we haven’t seen before. But, I absolutely loved it and at only 80 minutes long, it moves along really quickly and is well worth a watch for fans of trashy 80’s slasher films like Slumber Party Massacre etc.
If you’ve got Amazon Prime then I’d definitely recommend checking it out with a couple of beers and a take away, just don’t expect anything amazing because it really is one of those “so bad it’s good” type of films (Goatman Murders springs to mind) and I’d say it’s better than half of 88 Films Slasher Collection range, Mary Whitehouse would’ve loved it if it was released in 1984!

4/5

This is what I had to say about it a couple of years back, it really is shite but I stand by what I said and wouldn’t rather watch this than 90% of the crap UK labels are putting out these days!

In fact, I’m still waiting for the blu ray to drop below a tenner so I can add it to my collection
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th May 2020, 05:36 PM
Cult Master

Mortuary-Pic-2-scaled.jpg

When a man is murdered at his pool it is seen as an accident but the mans daughter is not convinced so herself and her boyfriend set out to investigate and find out the truth. Along the way relationships will be tested and changed forever.

I have always wanted to see this based on the artwork alone but never managed to see it until now. The artwork was pretty misleading i was expecting something different but i was not left disappointed at all. Just when i thought this was going one way it went off in a different direction which was really nice when i was predicting one thing but something else happened.

Really enjoyable

7/10
Old 29th May 2020, 07:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beyond Evil. 1980.

A Architect and his wife move into a colonial mansion where the previous owner's wife demonic spirit resides and tries to take control.

This is the second or third time i have seen this film and will admit it does seem to get better with every viewing and more interesting. John Saxon and Lynda Day George play the happy couple but soon the house starts to have a effect on them and mysterious deaths occur. The film doesn't rely on jump scares, it does have a lot of suspense and dark atmosphere within the mansion and some good effects towards the end.

MV5BZGMyOTBjOTUtYWZhMS00NmRhLWE2ZDAtYzBiMDVjZmJmYzg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg
Old 29th May 2020, 07:42 PM
Cult Master

s592.jpeg

After years of neglecting the earths environment and ignoring global warming the world has started to flood. In London cops Harley Stone and Dick Durkin team up to bring down a cannibalistic killer who eats the hearts of his victims . Harley has had a previous dealings with the killer after his old partner was a victim and Harely was injured but his injuries have brought him closer to the killer now he can feel when he is close but are they hunting this lunatic or is he hunting them.

Rutger Hauer is the kick ass Harley Stone living with the guilt of the death of his partner and the added guilt that he has fallen in love with his partners wife. He is a no nonsense guy who doesnt tolerate fools living on a diet of coffee cigars and chocolate. Leather jackets + sun glasses at night = BAD ASS

Great sci fi film that doesn't take itself too serious some great gore effects and a real dirty nasty looking London to add to the dystopian future setting.

7/10
Old 29th May 2020, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrows HILLS HAVE EYES PART II
Still the best cainine flashback movie ever...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th May 2020, 08:44 PM
Cult Master

3717446d21b9b3a439ea12213814c025.jpg

The roads of the wastelands are terrorised by gangs of nomads hell bent on murder kidnap and rape. But they may have met their match when the kidnap the sister of Trace a leather clad one man army.

Crazy cars motorcycles tons of weapons high speed car chases boobs every couple of seconds especially Traces sister who just seems to be topless the whole film getting passed around from goon to goon for their own sadistic pleasure.

Short sweet and straight to the point and if you love boobs and explosions look no further than Wheels Of Fire

7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!