Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2020, 11:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gargoyles. 1972.

A father and daughter head out to Arizona after receiving word of a skeleton being unearthed and soon the town is besieged by living Gargoyles who are hiding out in the nearby caverns.

Some made for T.V movies don't really work but for some reason this one did, despite it's low budget and costumes for the Gargoyles this was enjoyable, ok the dialogue could have done with some improvement never less it's decent. Cornel Wilde and Jennifer Salt play the father and daughter who head out too see a man Uncle Willie (Woody Chambliss) who found the remains of a Gargoyle and become attacked. Bernie Casey plays the lead Gargoyle who wants humanity dead so they can live. Entertaining for a quiet night and a young Scott Glenn makes an appearance.

MV5BNzE0NDE3NTczNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTAwODU5._V1_.jpg
Old 31st May 2020, 09:08 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'd really like to know what the hell is going on with this site. The link I shared plays fine for me.
I've no idea. The one you posted had youtu.be in the URL so didn't show up as a video in my browser. The link I used was YouTube.com, which appears in this browser.
Old 31st May 2020, 10:35 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Plays fine when I clicked on it....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st May 2020, 12:24 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Archaeology professor ( Williams ) is helped study a Roman dig site in a caravan site by a visiting archaeologist (Elke Sommer). We have the usual carry on going ons as well as lots of familiar faces as the campers. A lot ways this comes of as a partial remake of carry on camping while not as good as it, it's still enjoyable. 6/10

A group of holidaymakers set of for their holiday to the Spanish resort of Elsbels. What can go wrong does go wrong in the usual carry on style. 6.5/10

Now watching The Creeping Flesh.
I fancied watching a Carry On so much after reading this that I just spent an hour going through my packed collection to find this DVD, out of around 15 boxes all of my discs are packed in, I found this in box number 14

I grabbed a few other things though while I was there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200531_132033__01.jpg (94.3 KB, 6 views)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st May 2020, 12:56 PM
Cult Addict

Here's what I've watched this month
Screenshot_20200531_135435_com.letterboxd.letterboxd.jpg

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 31st May 2020, 05:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Holy Mountain. 1973.

In a greed fueled world, a Alchemist leads a group of people to a mountain where they achieve high enlightenment and immortality.

I had to watch this twice as to understand the film and it's meaning, Alejandro Jodorowsky written and directed this film who also plays the Alchemist who has figures of people who seem to enjoy power and abuse it and a thief who he seems to help him of his past sins and teach him inner peace.

At the very start the film just dives in with no boring prologue and becomes a film you can't take your eyes away from (except with the child nudity that is shown a fair bit). There is some good cinematography that captures the mountain scenery and set designs done colorfully with the rainbow room in the tower, it has it's mixtures of science-fiction, comedy, drama and some references to religion and politics all blended and what the planets mean to some people.

MV5BYTNhYmM0ZjAtNWE3MS00ZWM0LWI0MmMtNjc2OTQyYzk4ZTI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM0MTUwNTY@._V1_.jpg
Old 31st May 2020, 07:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

Wes Craven's harrowing tale of city dwellers versus depraved desert hillbillies is replete with outrageous characters (Hey there Michael Berryman), nightmarish scenarios, deadly traps and heroic canines.

By anyone's standards this is a stone wall horror classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 517QkBEJfyL._AC_.jpg (40.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 31st May 2020, 07:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Mirrors_ver3.jpg
MIRRORS (2008)

An ex detective takes a job as a night watchman at a old burnt out department store. While patrolling the premises he notices movement in the many mirrors that are around the store..

I thought this was pretty good. The burnt out department store looks very creepy and the mirror and gore effects are well done. Loved the twist ending.
Old 31st May 2020, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

Wes Craven's harrowing tale of city dwellers versus depraved desert hillbillies is replete with outrageous characters (Hey there Michael Berryman), nightmarish scenarios, deadly traps and heroic canines.

By anyone's standards this is a stone wall horror classic.
Spooky I've just watched this myself...why do I feel the need for a canary and tonic....

Old 31st May 2020, 07:57 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Holy Mountain. 1973.

In a greed fueled world, a Alchemist leads a group of people to a mountain where they achieve high enlightenment and immortality.

I had to watch this twice as to understand the film and it's meaning, Alejandro Jodorowsky written and directed this film who also plays the Alchemist who has figures of people who seem to enjoy power and abuse it and a thief who he seems to help him of his past sins and teach him inner peace.

At the very start the film just dives in with no boring prologue and becomes a film you can't take your eyes away from (except with the child nudity that is shown a fair bit). There is some good cinematography that captures the mountain scenery and set designs done colorfully with the rainbow room in the tower, it has it's mixtures of science-fiction, comedy, drama and some references to religion and politics all blended and what the planets mean to some people.

Attachment 224932
I'm a bit weirded out because I have just finished watching this
It's my first time watching and I don't know what on earth it was all about but I enjoyed watching it for sure. I bought the Italian Raro DVD when I was in Rome 18 months ago and it's sat unwatched until tonight.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!