Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2020, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

American Ninja 2

I need a cold shower, Michael Dudikoff's thighs in that beach scene with the wet suit on haha

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th July 2020, 09:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Night of the Comet. Two Valley Girls wake up one morning after a cosmic lightshow caused by a passing comet to find they're the only people left alive on Earth... maybe. This cult classic mid 80s tongue in cheek sci-fi horror is still a lot of fun!
Old 5th July 2020, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Grudge. 2020.

A young detective moves to Pennsylvania with her son, and her first job deals with a body in a car that's related to house where a woman murdered her husband and daughter and soon uncovers the house's mystery and tries to stop it before it takes control of her .

The setting for the plot takes between the first and second Grudge remake films and does go back and forth which may be confusing and does become a slow burner, aside from having a good number of recognizable actors in this i felt it didn't do much justice to the film. There is some good make up effects used and a lot of dark light which can be strain on the eyes at times and few jump scares. but it's

8583c302a064bd354dfa73ca3fd9df0f.jpg
Old 5th July 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Wer. 2013.

An American lawyer living in France is tasked to defend a man accused of attacking a family on vacation, with the help of two friends one a investigator and a animal expert slowly uncover the truth of her client.

I think after Twilight the Werewolf movies were seen to drop off then came this film that made Werewolves movie come back to the horror genre, this may seem low budget and at times looks like a POV movie don't let that put you off, this movie surprised me at how good it was. A.J. Cook plays Kate who is the defendant of Talan (Brian Scott O'Connor)a Romanian who emigrated to France with his mother and father but may have a genetic disorder that explains his height and bone structure.

The film does start off a bit slow after the family attack and does get better, even though the killings are off screen (except one killing) we do see the after effect of the attacks, the suspense and tension is built up well even at the end it was played out well with different new reports. Recommended.

Attachment 225929
An excellent film, and no it doesn't start off a bit slow.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 5th July 2020, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Grudge. 2020.

A young detective moves to Pennsylvania with her son, and her first job deals with a body in a car that's related to house where a woman murdered her husband and daughter and soon uncovers the house's mystery and tries to stop it before it takes control of her .

The setting for the plot takes between the first and second Grudge remake films and does go back and forth which may be confusing and does become a slow burner, aside from having a good number of recognizable actors in this i felt it didn't do much justice to the film. There is some good make up effects used and a lot of dark light which can be strain on the eyes at times and few jump scares. but it's

Attachment 225934
There a 6 part 30min episodes JU ON series on Netflix, I googled reviews and they are pretty decent, I'm on episode 4 it's good but a slow burner, it doesn't rely on jump scare either.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 6th July 2020, 12:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I feel after first 3 4 films of any franchise their just cashing in on them after that and most times it's not in a good way.
What's weird about the Terminator franchise is that films 4-6 have all performed badly and for each of those, the rights were owned by different people who had planned to make a trilogy. Then those films pretty much bombed and lost a lot of money. I should imagine that this is the end for the film franchise. Surely three strikes and out?
Old 6th July 2020, 12:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fantasy Island. 2020.

A group of people arrive on a island hoping to live out their fantasies only for them to chaos.

I wasn't expecting much from this and had little hopes but it does have its moments where they can be funny, entertaining and plot twists in near every corner. Michael Pena plays the exclusive island owner Mr Roarke who grants people one fantasy with some repercussions along the way, and does have some suttle hints from the T.V. show, this may not be for everyone, i would give it another re-watch.

xnews_fantasyisland.jpg.pagespeed.ic.f1rKrpNJkG.jpg
Old 6th July 2020, 01:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Showed my Brother LIFEFORCE the other day for the first time, I bloody love that film, he enjoyed it but found some flaws and my reaction was "yes it's flawed but it's a hell of a lot of fun". He agreed.

UPGRADE
Cracking Cyberpunk action thriller from Leigh Whannel. Good action and a good gut punch finish that you don't really expect. Felt like an 80s Carpenter movie at times.

RAW DEAL
Absolutely hilariously bad Arnold Schwarzenegger movie with some truly horrendous dialogue. Still, it's a lot of fun but a definite minor Arnie flick

FROZEN 2
Stunning animation and some ok songs. Not as good as the first one but still a very good film. Only reason I was keeping Disney+ after Star Wars Ep 9.
Old 6th July 2020, 02:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

2F6DC6F500000578-3362963-image-a-1_1450293837719.jpg43ea5e61fa7d94d8f28332b8c048a73b.jpgbatman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.jpg
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE (2016) Extended cut

Just calling this movie 'Dawn Of Justice' would have been so much better.
A lot of people are split on this movie. Good/bad? Martha moment?
I like it.
What I really like is that at the start we see the devastation effects on innocent people when heroes bring buildings crashing down. In 'Man Of Steel', Superman really did cause much destruction and death in his fight with Zodd.
I think we could have done with one more standalone Superman movie before this one though. I feel it was a rush to get the heroes together for The Justice League because Marvel were flying high with The Avengers.
Old 6th July 2020, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Boys. 1995.

Two Miami detectives, Burnett and Lowry protect a witness to a killing and investigate a case of stolen heroin from their precinct.

Right from the start you know this ids gonna be a good comedy action movie Martin Lawrence and Will Smith with their verbal ping pong at each other for a distraction works out while being car jacked then swapping roles and trying to make up stuff in front of witness Tea Leoni. It is well scripted, directed and acting is top notch.

It does have great cinematography which is something you would expect from a Michael Bay movie as it does seem captured a lot of Miami even as the plane flies over the sign perfectly and with a good soundtrack. Tcheky Karyo plays the bad guy Fouchet perfectly manages to act as the sinister drug dealer with anger issues. one of the best buddy cops along with Lethal Weapon.

MV5BMzhkNGQ5MGUtMTc1OS00ZWM3LTg1ZjQtN2U4NWViYTRhMDhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0NTEzOTA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!