Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179029Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2020, 04:46 AM
Cult Rookie

A trilogy of espionage films from the 60s starring Tom Adams as British secret agent Charles Vine. He does a fine job parodying the James Bond character with some very well delivered one liners.

Licensed to Kill (1965)
Where the Bullets Fly (1966)
Somebody’s Stolen Our Russian Spy (1968)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Licensed to Kill (1965).jpg (51.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Where the Bullets Fly (1966).jpg (35.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg Somebody’s Stolen Our Russian Spy (1968).jpeg (39.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 1st August 2020, 09:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Do Or Die (1991, Andy Sidaris)

Is this almost the ultimate flick? Almost, but not quite due to shoehorning Erik Estrada into the L.E.T.H.A.L. gang somewhat (he obviously missed his flight home after GUNS ) but there is still much to enjoy! Molokai Cargo are back in the swing of things chasing Mr Myagi (Blofelding LF in his scenes btw) of all people. The scenery is as always loverly. The song this time is a tinge too comedic for my tastes, but her outfit makes up for any harmonic discrepancies cough wink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOD.jpg (97.6 KB, 5 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st August 2020, 09:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

The-Time-Machine-1960-UK-Quad-film-movie-poster.jpg
THE TIME MACHINE (1960)

Great adaptation of the HG Wells story. I love the first tests of the machine where we see the candle burn down, the clock hands spinning around and the changing fashions in the shop window.
I remember seeing this as a kid and the rapid decay of the Morlock near the end stuck in my mind for ages.

the-bridge-at-remagen-film-poster_19743_pic1_size3.jpg
THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN (1969)

Based on events in 1945, an exciting war movie that did not so so well on it's theatrical run. Possibly due to the war in Vietnam taking it's toll on the movie going public. An infectious main title theme that way back I remember recording on a small tape recorder off the TV and telling everyone to be quite!
Old 1st August 2020, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

They Nest (2000)

Excellent little horror chiller about a stressed alcoholic Doctor who moves to a remote island off the coast of Maine. The locals don't take to his presence but there's also a far greater problem which soon crawls it's way into island life.

Where They Nest really succeeds is in the writing, the strong acting, the characters and their stories. I actually cared about them rather than simply hoping they would be the next bug fodder. It's a really well written film with good locations and a pace that quickly picks up.

The fact it's a made for tv movie means it's not as gory as some movies of this ilk but it also doesn't skimp either, however you won't see any chest bursting cockroaches which may disappoint some. Thankfully the bug scenes are very realistic and don't smack of Sci-Fy channel CGI meaning it really isn't a film for those squeamish of creepy crawlies.
Old 1st August 2020, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Hellgate (1989)

It's been a long, long time guys, but I'm back!

Last night, I watched Hellnight.

A supernatuaral horor film in which a group of teens(?) tell of an urban legend about a bunch of bikers kidnapping and murdering a girl in the 1950's.

Years later her distraught father brings get back to life with a crystal-thing that shoots lasers and makes goldfish explode. As a ghost, she then seduces a man and spends most of her time naked, as teens inverstigate the legend or something... the plot doesn't make much sense.

Quite an entertaining film, with some of the funniest unintentional laughs I've ever had in a film for quite some time. It also uses slow motion in every single action scene, taking up about five minutes of screen time.

5.5/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hellgate.jpg (38.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 1st August 2020, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Welcome back Argentofan.

Hellgate is definitely terrible but also strangely watchable, i suppose it's a car crash film where you can't look away.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 1st August 2020, 07:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Welcome back Argentofan.

Hellgate is definitely terrible but also strangely watchable, i suppose it's a car crash film where you can't look away.
oh, yeah, it's definitely a very bad film, but I was really entertained. Some bad films are too boring to be entertaining, but like you said, I couldn't take my eyes off this one! It's far from boring.
Old 1st August 2020, 08:46 PM
Cult Addict

I like Hellgate. Have never understood the bad rep.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 1st August 2020, 09:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Rage

Primal Rage..(1988)
Primal Rage starts out like a teen frat movie,with the usual geek's and dorks against the muscle headed jocks... Combine this with the campus scientist played by a pony tailed Bo Stevenson,who is experimenting on monkeys,I can't remember what the reason was,I'm sure it wasn't important... Anyway one of the reporters for school newspaper decide to break into the laboratories, only to get bitten by the angry simian,who then dives through the window and then is flattened by a cop car...Well as we all know by now, being bitten by a monkey is nearly just as bad as spanking one,as this lead's to all sorts of trouble,like going around killing people and generally being a nuisance to everyone...Rage has elements of Demons,most notably because of the soundtrack and beats Danny Boyle's film 28 Days Later to the punch with its monkeys in a laboratory being released going awry...Co written by Umberto Lenzi,with special effects by Carlo Rambaldi,no surprise there considering it was directed by his son Vittorio Rambaldi, anybody who enjoyed Night of the Demon's or Demon's or any film that has the word demon in it,and likes 1980s movies about rabid baboons this is a must...high bonkers rating...

Old 2nd August 2020, 11:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Split Second. Rutger Hauer wades through a London flooded due to rising sea levels, trying to track down a serial killer responsible for his partner's death years before. A decent enough film that seems to switch gears half-way through to generate a few laughs along with the relentless arsehole drive of Hauer's character. Lots of English actors in this one, Kim Cattrall, Pete Postelthwaite and Alun Armstrong among other. Kind of like a sci-fi Amsterdamned.

Like this? Share it using the links below!