Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2020, 09:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Still the best Superman movie and Reeves is Superman no one before or since has captured the spirit of the man of steel. A classic with an iconic theme that's on par with star wars/ Jaws 9.5/10
Awesome! One of my all time greatest movies.
Which version? 3 hour cut?
Old 5th August 2020, 11:07 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Too much 80s suddenly i feel faint

I love Manhunter but i do agree that towards the end it tries to pack a lot in.
Let me re-phrase, I love the 80's, but when you are watching a movie about a serial killer and the theme song it's a rock ballad that feels like Scorpions - Still loving you.. makes me laugh, ZFE4 had similar problem, and a lots of 80's movies had this pattern, but of course you need to love Freddy 4 - Dream Warriors the song
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 5th August 2020, 01:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Let me re-phrase, I love the 80's, but when you are watching a movie about a serial killer and the theme song it's a rock ballad that feels like Scorpions - Still loving you.. makes me laugh, ZFE4 had similar problem, and a lots of 80's movies had this pattern, but of course you need to love Freddy 4 - Dream Warriors the song
It's from part 3, G. - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

I love that song, always have. In fact the whole Back for the Attack album is really good.
Graveyard and Graeme73 like this.
Old 5th August 2020, 01:28 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's from part 3, G. - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

I love that song, always have. In fact the whole Back for the Attack album is really good.
Damn, I was wonder if was part 3 or 4 - went with my gut without checking - now I can never say I'm a nightmare on elm street fan, nobody will believe me.

And ofc it's a matter of taste and preference
Old 5th August 2020, 01:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Damn, I was wonder if was part 3 or 4 - went with my gut without checking - now I can never say I'm a nightmare on elm street fan, nobody will believe me.

And ofc it's a matter of taste and preference
I'm not a fan of the series either. It wouldn't bother me if i never watched any of the Elm Street films again.

New Nightmare is the pick of the bunch as far as i'm concerned.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 5th August 2020, 04:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Only the first Nightmare On Elm Street for me.
When I saw it at the cinema on release the audience were really scared. The only other film which I have seen with a scared and vocal audience was Silence Of The Lambs.
Old 5th August 2020, 09:08 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
When I saw it at the cinema on release the audience were really scared. The only other film which I have seen with a scared and vocal audience was Silence Of The Lambs.
I love the 1st one, probably watched too many times. I have a soft spot for the second one because of this quote

Freddy Krueger: [runs the knives of his glove over Jesse's head] I need you, Jesse. We got special work to do here, you and me.

[slams Jesse against the wall, slowly tilting his head to him]

Freddy Krueger: You've got the body...

[takes off his hat and digs his own fingers into his skull]

Freddy Krueger: I've got the brain.

And the 4th one because it was probably the 1st horror movie I watched in my life.

Back to topic:

Red Dragon

Enjoyed more than Manhunter, exactly the same story and etc, but I think the final scene builds up quite a nice tension.

From the director of Tulpa a movie I watched ages ago, but remember to enjoy it - found this movie for £1 on ebay decided to give it a try - it's quiet boring tbh - the twist in the end made it worst.
Old 5th August 2020, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Damned Before Dawn. A young woman comes home only to piss off a local Banshee. As you do. F**k me this was terrible. Total embarrassment of a so-called Aussie horror movie, with every cliche imaginable and a truly terrible cheapo visual look to it too. It's not even worth it for Bridget Neval, given she's hardly in it, is buried under so much makeup you can't even tell it's her, and has literally nothing to do but shriek. Couldn't she have at least been the lead? The film would still have been s**t but it would have made it watchable at least. There's literally more of her in the making of doco than there is the film! No wonder she retired early if this was the best she was getting offered...

Awful.
Old 5th August 2020, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

RED (2010)

Retired: Extremely Dangerous. I love this film, seen it countless times since it's release a decade ago.

A superb cast - Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Karl Urban, Morgan Freeman, Brian Cox, Richard Dreyfuss, Ernest Borgnine - complement a witty script and great action set pieces.

Although it may not be a killer thrill ride it's pacing and comic book stylings keep things moving swiftly and the fact it has a glorious aging cast playing CIA veterans rudely forced out of retirement makes it feel like the movie i wanted the original disappointing Expendables to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red_ver8_xlg.jpg (93.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 5th August 2020, 10:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
People laughed at Bill when I saw SOTL. You know the scene I mean
Civiians, I shit 'em.
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!