LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2020, 05:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 226946

Two friends and their girlfriends go on a camping trip out into the woods. Its Bretts first time camping and he is a bundle of nerves scared of his own shadow and coming up with the craziest ideas of what can go wrong. Ryan has more than camping on his mind he wants to make a documentary about the trip soon he will be filming his very own horror film not a documentary.

What starts out as a fairly routine people camping in the woods flick soon twists into something totally different and as Dem said yesterday it will take you by surprise. But it's not the twist that made me like this film it was the characters granted Ryan is the sort of asshole we have seen in countless films the kind of guy you hope dies the best of all the people in the film but its the other three that seem more grounded and realistic. Many films have the plastic annoying barbie doll females that are dumb and slutted up just for eye candy and nothing else. The two female characters here are just two really good looking ladies but they have a brain and they act in rational ways.

A major thing i hate about found footage films is the shaky cam is so over the top it almost gives me a headache watching it but it was never that bad with this film most of it was easy to watch and clear to see what was going on when the battery started to run low on the camera it started glitching but it was never irritating.

Worth a watch even if i have no idea what was going on towards the end

Cheers Dem for the heads up on this.
Glad you enjoyed it, Nordy.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 12th August 2020, 07:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Edge of the Axe...

A lot better than expected! Spain-pretending to be America-aside, standard slasher with some nasty kills (how is this a 15?), recommended!
Old 12th August 2020, 08:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Mutant/night Shadows

Mutant (1984) Night Shadows.
Directed by John "Bud" Cardos, friend of Al Adamson and ex stuntman,this is a quirky and fun cross between Night of the living Dead and the Crazies minus the gore and social commentary....Wings Hauser as Josh Cameron and his brother played by Lee Montgomery as Mike Cameron,are driving there way across,well America I guess,when there run off the road by your average Rednecks, ( hasn't anyone watched Deliverance in the movies )...Well the pair schlep there way to a rural town,but not everything is as it seems... Admittedly it does take quite awhile for the film to get going,and I'm assuming that the budget was fairly small judging by the amount of screen time we get with the mutants,but it's a entertaining stab at a well worn story...The cast are remarkably likeable,well apart the town bullies,but Wings Hauser has a screen persona usually bigger than the films he appears in...Also bringing up the B-movie rear is good old dependable Bo Hopkins as Sheriff Will Stewart, (I always get him and Sevenson mixed up),he starts out grumpy and unbelieving the story about rampant mutants,but is soon won over.... Anybody who has watched this on VHS or the dvd,will know the transfer was unbelievably murky and dark,to the point of unwatchable,but the recent blu ray,is excellent and just makes it a great watch... Mutant is bloodless and has little actual gore,apart from a couple of neat bladder effects,as people transform into Mutants...But it's a fun watch and brainless enough to be entertaining...

Old 12th August 2020, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Edge of the Axe...

A lot better than expected! Spain-pretending to be America-aside, standard slasher with some nasty kills (how is this a 15?), recommended!
What did you make of the ending, I was scratching my head just a little

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th August 2020, 09:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Edge of the Axe...

There's no swearing or nudity or sex and not too much blood. I think it passes for a 15.
Old 13th August 2020, 09:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Dave Made a Maze (2017)

The creativity of this film is insane. The sets are incredible. It's so much fun and it's all practical. It's absolutely stunning to look at.

Then why haven't I given it a higher rating? The humour. When it worked, it worked really well, but when it didn't, I groaned. Some of the side characters really got on my nerves, which made me think I was going to dislike the film. Thankfully, they're disposed of pretty early on and the rest of the film is an absolute blast!

I also loved the Raging Bull reference: "You f-ck my wife?". That made me laugh a lot.

Well worth checking out. 7/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dave Made a Maze.jpg (45.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 13th August 2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old 13th August 2020, 03:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Jug Face (2013)

Slowburning tale about a backwoods cult who worship a hole in the ground.

Mixes gore, ghosts, repression, incest and pottery into a Lovecraftian fable of folk horror.

Seen this twice now. I like it.

Released in the UK as The Pit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jug_Face_Movie_Poster.jpg (61.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 13th August 2020, 05:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dog pound, yes it a remake of scum,

But what I find about comparing British films to USA films are USA films go for brutality where as British go for rawness, grittiness and packing a punch and that’s why I prefer a lot of British films over America’s.
Old 13th August 2020, 05:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

4_the-ghost-in-the-invisible-bikini-half-sheet-1966.jpg
GHOST IN THE INVISIBLE BIKINI (1966)

The ghost (Susan Hart) helps a corpse (Boris Karloff) to make sure an inheritance goes to the right people..

Knock around 'Beach Party' comedy from AIP.
Silly goings in an old house with a torture chamber. Inter cut with musical numbers from the likes of Nancy Sinatra, while the teens dance in swimwear around the pool. How they roped in poor Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone I'll never know!
Okay for an afternoon viewing.

GhostInTheInvisibleBikini25-678x381.jpg
Old 13th August 2020, 05:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One body too many. 1944.

At a family mansion, a insurance investigator arrives and gets involved in some family business when a will is read out and the family are trying to get their hands on the inheritance.

These were the movies that seemed to have entertained one generation and entertaining the next generation with Bela Lugosi as a butler trying to offer everyone a beverage and not having much luck with the offers. I'm not sure if it was the film or the print of the film but it seemed very dark that it was watched better in the dark with the thunder and lightning, even though Lugosi is in this he seemed to have a small role. Jack Haley plays the insurance investigator looking to sell his stuff at a family wake which makes it more comical and some secret passages, worth a watch.

MV5BMTQzMjk4NTYzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMwNDE3MzE@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!