Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2020, 11:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ten Little Indians (1989, Alan Birkinshaw)

Another outing in Agathaland from those wacky front wheelers, yet again mostly sane and respectful with a modicum of Cannon in the casting hem hem.
The female lead looks like if you squashed Karen Black and Brooke Shields togever and Loomis looked pissed.

REWATCH!!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st September 2020, 03:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Blue mole

Blue Collar (1978)
This is one of my favourite Paul Schrader movies, looking at three working class men in a Detroit car plant,who between the management and the Union reps can't seem to get a break... Until they come up with a scheme to rob the Union headquarters, unfortunately all they find is paperwork and no money...With an amazing line up of actors, Richard Pryor, Harvey Keitel and Yaphet Kotto as the three main protagonist,who all fall foul of there corrupt union.After trying to blackmail them with evidence of illegal loans the three find them selves way over there heads.,. Schrader has a knack off portraying down at heal working class characters who are forced to take some sort of action to get out of a situation...Just marvelous 1970s film making.

El Topo.(1970)
Completely mind bending film,that really has some extreme ideas and even more extreme imagery...When I first watched it mainy moons ago,I had no idea what it is all about then, And I still have no idea what the hell was going on... Obviously there is a great deal of religous imagery and amongst all the horse offal and Sam Peckinpah shoot outs I'm sure there is some deep meaning to it all...but I'm buggered if I can find it..At least it never had a decomposing elephant being pushed into landfill.....The film that broke my bonkers,I am without bonkers..I'm bonkerless...,

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 22nd September 2020 at 05:48 AM.
Old 21st September 2020, 06:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I'm going to put this out there, I don't actually mind Bob he's just trying to make the most of moving into a horrible scary house!

I'm sure that he was dubbed by a woman??? I'm pretty sure I come across that nugget of information from somewhere, perhaps on the interview with 'grown-up Bob' on the new BU disc??

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st September 2020, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm going to put this out there, I don't actually mind Bob he's just trying to make the most of moving into a horrible scary house!

I'm sure that he was dubbed by a woman??? I'm pretty sure I come across that nugget of information from somewhere, perhaps on the interview with 'grown-up Bob' on the new BU disc??
to be fair while the voice is annoying it ain't as disturbing as the teenage man who wants bitty in Burial Ground

Old 21st September 2020, 09:00 PM
Cult Veteran

The Babysitter: Killer Queen (2020)

Not awful, but not good either. There were some really standout out moments though that kept me going to the end. Worth watching but don't get your hopes up.

At least the soundtrack is great!

Old 21st September 2020, 09:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I thought the first one was shite, so I haven’t bothered with this, I do seem to be in the minority though because everyone online seems to think the Babysitter was a good film
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st September 2020, 09:36 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I thought the first one was shite, so I haven’t bothered with this, I do seem to be in the minority though because everyone online seems to think the Babysitter was a good film
I gave the first one 4 stars so I obviously enjoyed it a lot! If you didn't like it then there is no chance in hell you'll enjoy the 2nd one
Rik likes this.

Old 21st September 2020, 10:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

To Catch A Killer

Brian Dennehy stars as serial killer John Wayne Gacy and this is a fascinating 3hour True Story of the Police investigation of missing Teens that were linked to Gacy.

This just flew and it didn't drag on at all (Which for me is a must when watching 3 hour films) it felt like 2 hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tcak.jpg (11.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 21st September 2020, 10:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
To Catch A Killer

Brian Dennehy stars as serial killer John Wayne Gacy and this is a fascinating 3hour True Story of the Police investigation of missing Teens that were linked to Gacy.

This just flew and it didn't drag on at all (Which for me is a must when watching 3 hour films) it felt like 2 hours.
One of Brian Dennehy's best roles, top notch film.
it'smebilly, Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 21st September 2020, 11:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I still say that the daughter in Macabre is far more annoying than Bob could ever be.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!