Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2020, 09:31 PM
Cult Addict

Demoncrat, iank and MrBarlow like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 14th November 2020, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Cruelty to animals is very wrong, but this is just too F@+kining hysterical.
Demoncrat, nosferatu42 and iank like this.
Old 14th November 2020, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American pie. 1999.

Four high school teens enter a pact to loose their virginity on their prom night.

Typical high school comedy film that still makes me laugh, Jim a only child gets caught beating his meat and his dad decides to spend time with him discussing about sex and masterbation...awkward. Kevin who has a girlfriend and looses her, tries to win her back by returning a favour, not the best thing to do at her house while her parents are there and no lock on the door. Oz a Lacrosse player decides after a bad date (ie he didn't get anywhere with his date) decides a suttle and calmer approach by joining a choir class. Finch has all the girls believing he is huge and dynamite in bed thanks to bribing his friend Jessica which eventually fails but does pull a older woman. Steve "Stiffler" thinks he is gods gift to women and drinks some pale ale.

The trials and tribulations of being in high school and trying to get a date, who remembers those days or who doesn't want to remember them I'm getting old with this film being 20 years old, defiantly not a film I want to remember watching with my mum and dad.

Braveheart-movie-poster-1020267560.jpg
Old 15th November 2020, 02:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Pie 2. 2001.

Jim, Finch, Kevin, Oz and Stiffler, now in college and on a break decide they need a party and rent a beach house, but end up in some rough patches before the big party.

The first two films seem the same, the boys wanting to party and try to hook up only this time Jim does get reminded by the internet by his dad and two girls at a party. Finch seems still all a flustered with his older woman scenario, Oz and Heather trying to the long distance thing over the phone, Kevin and Vicky try the friend zone area. Eugene Levy does still steal the show as the awkward dad which is a laugh when Jim is in hospital and sticks up for his son. The soundtrack is good and full of decent songs with Alien Ant Farm Smooth criminal and a bit of girl on girl and guy on guy which is comical.

american-pie-2.jpg
Old 15th November 2020, 10:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wicked World (Barry J Gillis)

From the man who brought you Things .
A serial killer reminisces about his life's work
Or something. Oddly compelling, much like the other film really, like looking at a road accident etc, you don't want to see, but you have to all the same.
After seeing this Gillis enters the pantheon tbh. Would love to see what he would have done with The Mummy now

REWATCH!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WW.jpg (92.9 KB, 2 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th November 2020, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Wedding. 2003.

Jim and Michelle decide to get married and invites Kevin and Finch to be grooms men, Stiffler talks his way into the wedding and tries to do what a good man does...plan a party Stiffler style as well as try to score with Michelle's sister.

With the title you know it's going to be a disaster with comical laughter, probably some of us wanted a stag party to be like this then come the night you hope it doesn't. Seann William Scott provides the laughs as the bad boy trying to be a good boy around Jim's future in laws and Finch trying to be the bad boy. Eugene Levy and Fred Willard play the father's of the happy couple who try to cover for their children's antics even Mr Levenstein tries to give comfort to Michelle which may seem awkward and laughable. At a wedding make sure you eat the right kind of truffle and the right person is with you in a linen closet.

MV5BMTAwNTIzNDk1MDVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDMwNzAwMDE@._V1_.jpg
Old 15th November 2020, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Backbeat

Backbeat...(1994)
Looking at the very early day's of The Beatles,when they went to Hamburg and played night clubs in the red light district...And especially looking at the relationship between John Lennon and his best mate Stuart Sutcliffe the fifth Beatle,and the jealousy that occurred when Stu met Sheryl Lee as Astrid Kirchherr ( Shery Lee is great )......The problem with biographical movies is that they do tend to take bloody great liberties with the truth,just ask John Lyndon about Sid and Nancy or watch JFK or Nixon,by the end of which you start doubting your own sanity and you really don't know what is truth or fiction anymore...So now I just take these films on face value and enjoy them for there entertainment value,I mean I can't even remember what I did last week,so I am the last person to criticize on the grounds of whether someone got there facts right....Any way as rock n roll biographies go,this was a fairly entertaining look at The Beatles early career, with Pete Best on the drums,and Ringo's character making a brief appearance passed out on a bunk bed...Ian Hart making his second appearance as John Lennon,( he played Lennon for a third time and also did a radio documentary about Lennon's death) and what he may lack in Lennon looks makes up for with attitude and conviction.... Stephen Dorf is Stu Sutcliffe,now I may be taking my life in my hands here by saying this,but I was quite impressed by his Liverpool accent,but I'm sure someone will correct me...To be honest this film would only really be of interest to Beatles fans, and the love story aspect did get a bit tedious,and I would of rather seen more of the group recreating there gigs in dingy German night clubs... But overall an enjoyable bio pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51u59stgf5L._AC_SY445_.jpg (29.5 KB, 1 views)

Old 15th November 2020, 07:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part IV: The Dream Master

Freddy returns and finishes off the survivors from Part 3 however Kristen pulls in her friend Alice and others therefore goes after them as well. I haven't seen this since I rented it out because I remembered not liking it as much. Other than The Beach scene, I couldn't remember any of it and basically enjoyed it more this time.

Bad Moms

Mila Kullis is the overworked, overstretched Mom who with 2 others decide to stop everything they do and basically cut loose to the dismay of her children and the uptight and controlling P.T.A. President (Christina Applegate) This is a fun no-brainer Comedy Movie.

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part V: The Dream Child

Alice is pregnant and her unborn child is able to drag people into dreams. Interesting that Amanda Kruger has a bigger role this time but doesn't feel a bigger deal than this character should've been. I hated this the 1st time around as I felt that it was way too silly, this time around, I didn't dislike it as much but some of this film was completely ridiculous.

Saw III

John Kramer and his Assistant Amanda run another game where a Father is able to get revenge on the people associated with his Son's death. Very gory and some interesting traps. I remember when the original Saw came out at The Cinema and it was so popular the opening weekend that it go switched from a medium size screen to one of the larger ones and it was packed for a late night Saturday screening and believe me the reactions when the twist at the end was something.

Death Match

A Martial Arts Movie where a Kickboxer (Ian Jacklin) goes looking for his friend who hooked up with a Illegal Kickboxing promoter and Arms Dealer played by Martin Kove and his associate, Matthias Hues. He is helped by a Female News Reporter and a teenage runaway. I liked this film, some good performances and this is Martin Kove in his element.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anoespivtdm.jpg (15.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bm.jpg (13.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg anoespvtdc.jpg (14.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg siii.jpg (13.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg dm.jpg (11.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 15th November 2020, 11:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Reunion. 2012.

Class of 1999 are invited back to east Great Falls for their school reunion, but everything they have planned to do always ends in disaster.

Jim and Michelle have a son and their sex life has dwindled down to even disaster and the past does come back in form of a youtube video that pops up. Kevin is married and mistakes wakening up with Vicky as something, which becomes a bad awkward moment. Finch seemed to lead a interesting life but the truth does come out. Oz is a sports caster and can't let go of a bad celebrity dance off he done. Stiffler has a job but later tells his boss what to do and plans a good revenge attack at a beach, even he has a new drinking buddy...Jim's widowed dad who meets Stiffler's mom and we are introduced to Finch's mom.

When I first saw this I didn't think much of it and wasn't overly thrilled but after some peace and quiet the laughs came back, some of the one liners are funny. The writers and director have kept the same pace as you think the gang have matured up but still hold on to their teenage years. At least Mr Levenstein didn't throw out the magazines as they have sentimental value and knows how to drink.

american-pie-movies-netflix.jpg
Old 16th November 2020, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another couple of FFers.

Altar (2016)

A group of friends get lost on the way to a reunion. So much for GPS
After being literally warned off the road they are on, they blithely drive on to their doooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. Silly buggers. Undemanding.

Home Movie (2008)

Adrian Pasdar's overacting overbalances this one. Move out to the country? To give the faaaaamily a better start in life away from the urban hell they obviously escaped from, being white and that
Decent enough premise, just poorly executed.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!