All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2020, 05:29 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Scary Movie

Spoof of the Teen Slasher movies of it's day, some funny moments but I've grown up and some of the jokes are just plain unfunny now.
Sums it up perfectly
nicholasrope and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th November 2020, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tabloid! (1985)

From the opening credits, you would think you're getting a print based comedy ala Not For Publication etc. Not quite. A copy of archetypal tawdry rag The World Investigator finds its way into various bods' possession, and the stories within are played out for us "in reality". An oddity. Decently enough made, worth a looksee (YT!) imho.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 27th November 2020 at 11:08 AM.
Old 27th November 2020, 11:55 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Waves of Lust (1975)

A young couple becomes embroiled with the personal problems of another couple on a yacht moored off Sicily during a turbulent weekend of fun, sex , betrayal, domestic abuse and ultimately murder.

I really enjoyed this Ruggero Deodato effort which was a long way from his more notorious films and has next to no blood in it. What it does have in spades is sleaze, as the couples swap partners and get up to various sexy antics. Some of it, towards the end, not so playful.

John Steiner is excellent as the increasingly deranged Giorgio with Al Cliver somewhat subdued as Irem, the only other male in the film. The film lives or dies on how convincing the cast are when there are only four of them on a yacht, creating an increasingly claustrophobic atmosphere. The two women played by the equally gorgeous Silvia Dionisio and Elizabeth Turner are just as capable as their male counterparts when it comes to the sexual games. As the film continues suddenly it seems everyone is no longer playing and seem to all have varying agendas. The way the script allows the characters to develop and brings out near psychopathic tendencies in some, proves somewhat of a triumph for the tautness of Deodato's direction. This may well be my favourite Deodato film of all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waves-of-Lust.jpg (93.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 27th November 2020, 01:04 PM
Ex-member

Has anyone seen the remake of The Witches?

Saw it in the cinema not long ago, was alright I guess, but the original was scarier. Too much CGI, felt the movie was a little rushed and not much action compared to the 1990 version.
Old 27th November 2020, 02:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Sums it up perfectly
Same. I was 13 when it came out on video, and I almost fainted from laughing at it.

I watched it last year, and while not godawful, I cringed through a lot of it.

Bits that still made me laugh out loud:

- the killer's pathetic job at hiding

- throwing granny down the stairs, followed by the piano

- "white woman in trouble" gets every policeman in the area's attention

- fat woman trying to climb out the cat door, and brings the house down

- Amistad 2
Old 27th November 2020, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've never seen any of those Wayans things. Life's too short.
Now onto this 60s Inuit vampire musical flick

Ahem. Cloak in hand

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th November 2020, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory. 1995.

Casey Ryback now retired from the navy and working as a chef, takes a vacation to reconnect with his niece. Early in the journey the train is hijacked and used it as a mobile unit for a new satellite that can be used as a weapon.

You can tell by the way Seagal moves that he is piling on the pounds but still able to flex his arms and legs in a fight before becoming out of breath as was seen in a recent clip of him practicing he looked knackered after taking two guys down...back to topic.

Eric Bogosian plays the ex C.I.A. agent now turned global terrorist teams up with Mercenary leader Everett McGill who plan to kill a load of people and collect the money, only downside is for them Casey Ryback is on the same train with his niece Katherine Heigl, while at the pentagon they are running out of time and which ghost satellites are fake.

The fight sequences come in short bursts except the kitchen fight (although it was trimmed down due to the tone of violence used bad MMPA and BBFC) and this time Seagal's partner ends up being the train porter. This was a decent sequel but think the two main bad guys do steal the show more than what Seagal does.

UnderSiege2.jpg
Old 27th November 2020, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hard To Kill. 1990.

L.A. Detective Mason Storm uncovers a drug ring involving a political person, his home is invaded and he and his family are gunned down. 7 years later Storm awakes from his coma and starts his recovery while planning revenge on those responsible.

For me personally this is one of Steven Seagal's best films with Out For Justice and Nico, the action in this is good from the off license robbery to breaking a guy's ankle, then trying to defend his family to his own invasion of Trent's mansion, payback is a bitch.

Kelly Lebrock plays the nurse who helped nursed him back to health and watched him train back up, you can tell back then when they were married that they had good chemistry back then that actually plays well on screen. William Sadler manages to play a total whimp in this with so called tough bad guys compared to his other films where he is a tough guy.

Hard_To_Kill.jpg
Old 28th November 2020, 08:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night Ripper (1986, Jeff Hathcock)

Somewhat more competent than some I've watched. A maniac stalks women in this dingy streets. Red herrings abound. Some claret. Opening suggests a Maniac style thing, but tis more formulaic than that one.

[B]
Old 28th November 2020, 09:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

s-l.jpg
STAR WARS EPISODE VII
THE FORCE AWAKENS
(2015)

Whatever people may think of the film now, this movie hit the ground running when Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney.
At a time when Lucas was happy to do nothing with the franchise but turn out crap merchandise, Disney got on the ball straight away and announced another film. Gathering together the original cast, the fans took note again.
When you look at it, it's the same story as the original film and with a nostalgic edge.
For me, I like the movie and it seemed that once again Star Wars was back.
Nothing will ever beat the original trilogy for me, and I can still view that as a stand alone piece with nothing before or after.
The movie is the best of the new Disney episode movies and I felt real hopeful that this was the start. Lots of questions, like who is is Rey made it all exciting again. With Rogue One A Star Wars Story on the horizon it seemed all was right with the world again..
..or so I thought.

Like this? Share it using the links below!