Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2021, 09:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The blind dead return , this time they a resurrected by hunchback seeking revenge on the village he lives in, this village is the place in which the Templars where killed 500 years ago and it just happens they are celebrating this event in the village. While not as good as the first it's still highly enjoyable and atmospheric , I just have one question where do their horse come from? 7/10

Now watching.

Old 15th January 2021, 10:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

The blind dead return , this time they a resurrected by hunchback seeking revenge on the village he lives in, this village is the place in which the Templars where killed 500 years ago and it just happens they are celebrating this event in the village. While not as good as the first it's still highly enjoyable and atmospheric , I just have one question where do their horse come from? 7/10

Now watching.

Bought the prophecy quad posters of eBay for £20 tend to see a fair few for around that price, and hills have eyes 2 from a fb seller for £20

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...poser+prophecy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EB3EE841-0DE5-4ADC-AA59-078CB2B2DABA.jpg (97.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 15th January 2021, 11:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stargate. 1994.

A teleportation device is found in Egypt in 1928. Present time a man is recruited to read ancient Egyptian language travels through the portal with a Military team and find a civilization that are slaves to Ra, The God Of sun.

I found this film to be good when it came out, i wouldn't say it was the best and came across it today and still have mixed feelings about it. James Spader role as the linguist Daniel Jackson who is basically fired from one job then hired to do another job. Kurt Russell as Colonel Jack O'Neil who seems to be happy one minute then loosing the plot the next.

There are some good visual effects and Roland Emmerich does try to be entertaining as always with his directing, i'm not sure if Jaye Davidson was right for the part as Ra, the casting didn't go for a Hulk/Arnie lookalike actor to play a god which was different but I don't know if it's because he was in The Crying Game which is why I cnt take him seriously to be in this role, sorry if i'm sounding like i am typecasting I don't mean to be.

large_iACZ6lZ4DQP0GRPyIU412GPCMMo.jpg
Old 15th January 2021, 11:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Bought the prophecy quad posters of eBay for £20 tend to see a fair few for around that price, and hills have eyes 2 from a fb seller for £20

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...poser+prophecy
WTF have you bought that Hills thing for?

That's a fake and it's an incompetent fake at that. Some scammer has copied and enlarged a vhs sleeve and sold it you for £20.

They've even copied the Thorn serial number at the base of the spine. In fact the one i've just posted is the one they copied.

Thankfully they edited out the letters VHS from the white box below the Thorn logo on the 'spine'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hills-have-eyes-the---part-2-5399l.jpg (65.1 KB, 49 views)
gag likes this.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
WTF have you bought that Hills thing for?

That's a fake and it's an incompetent fake at that. Some scammer has copied and enlarged a vhs sleeve and sold it you for £20.

They've even copied the Thorn serial number at the base of the spine. In fact the one i've just posted is the one they copied.

Thankfully they edited out the letters VHS from the white box below the Thorn logo on the 'spine'.
I haven’t paid for it yet just said I’ll have it didn’t say when , its not a quad posters meant to be for the video shop vhs film, think I’ll give it a miss then cheers anyway. I didn’t look at it properly and more I look at it the more you’re right especially with the two thorn emi logos at the top as well.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:16 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I haven’t paid for it yet , its not a quad posters meant to be for the video shop vhs film.
So why has the scammer folded it to represent a machine folded cinema poster?

It's a fake and it's a crap fake, gag. Not worth the price of the paper it's printed on.

I see you've edited your original post, gag.

It genuinely pains me gag, to see you throwing your money away on worthless tat like this.

Let me give you one sentence of advice.

You cannot buy an original movie poster for a classic film for twenty notes.

Movie posters don't come cheap any more. I used to collect them around 95-2005 but got priced out even for new movie releases. You'd be better off going to film fairs where you can look at the items and talk to the sellers. There used to be a good one at Sacha's Hotel in Manchester. I don't know if they still do them every quarter though (obviously not in Covid UK) Unfortunately the huge events at enormo-domes have done away with some small fairs and they aren't as wallet friendly either.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 16th January 2021 at 12:37 AM.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So why has the scammer folded it to represent a machine folded cinema poster?

It's a fake and it's a crap fake, gag. Not worth the price of the paper it's printed on.

I see you've edited your original post, gag.

It genuinely pains me gag, to see you throwing your money away on worthless tat like this.

Let me give you one sentence of advice.

You cannot buy an original movie poster for a classic film for twenty notes.

Movie posters don't come cheap any more. I used to collect them around 95-2005 but got priced out even for new movie releases. You'd be better off going to film fairs where you can look at the items and talk to the sellers. There used to be a good one at Sacha's Hotel in Manchester. I don't know if they still do them every quarter though (obviously not in Covid UK) Unfortunately the huge events at enormo-domes have done away with some small fairs and they aren't as wallet friendly either.
Thanks, I know I’m not going to get owt decent for £20 r so just sometimes like to see what crops up on eBay, and if I want the decent Cronenberg ones I’d be looking more of the £100 mark, here what I’ll do in future if I see a poster I fancy on eBay I’ll link first and then see people opinions. Thanks a lot and yes I should pay more attention .
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:52 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, I know I’m not going to get owt decent for £20 r so just sometimes like to see what crops up on eBay, and if I want the decent Cronenberg ones I’d be looking more of the £100 mark, here what I’ll do in future if I see a poster I fancy on eBay I’ll link first and then see people opinions. Thanks a lot and yes I should pay more attention .
I'm just going to post this here, gag. It's the Casablanca canvas i have in my front room that i mentioned in my PM with you. It's large, looks pin sharp and is always a talking point if someone new arrives.

Think what one of those fantastic stills and posters on the StudioCanal store would look like on your wall, gag.

Damn! I'm getting itchy feet. I told myself i'd never visit that website again as it was far too tempting...all those lovely Hammer film images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8377 (Medium).JPG (53.9 KB, 50 views)
Old 16th January 2021, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Knock Off. 1998.

In Hong Kong a fashion designer teams up with a C.I.A. agent to find who is selling counterfeit clothes rigged with small explosives.

Van Damme teams up with Rob Shneider in this action packed comedy, I didn't think much of it back in the day and thought i'd give it another try, I was half expecting it to be a serious film but after a second viewing it's just goofy entertainment with some good laughs and fight scenes. Tsui Hark's direction in the film is always good to see and knows how to capture the sequences he wants. Both lead actors don't outshine each other but do try to see who can enter the comedy parts more.

MV5BNWZhMzg5M2MtYjU1Mi00YzA3LTgxMTgtMjQzYjM0MDg3YTRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg
Old 16th January 2021, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A doctor working for the EPA is sent with his wife to investigate a dispute between some native Americans and a logging/ paper making factory. The Doctor soon learns that the area is polluted by mercury from the plant, which is mutating the wildlife, after a number of violent deaths the natives are blamed but it's a gigantic mutated and hairless bear that's killing everyone. It might of just been me but found the scene with the teenage boy bouncing around in his bright yellow sleeping back, like giant banana trying to escape the monster more funny than anything else. It didn't go how i expected with the the artwork and the doctors wife being pregnant, I really was expecting something to burst out of something. 7/10

Now watching

Like this? Share it using the links below!