All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2021, 04:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post

Xtro doesn't need any introduction I'm sure - 1st time watching, and was impressed with the special effects, the story itself it's ok - and it's always nice to see Maryam d'Abo on the screen
It gets better with every viewing
Old 20th January 2021, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

When some sailors go missing , it is soon comes to light that they have been killed by giant molluscs , a captain and a scientist along with his female assistant set out too stop these beasties. A enjoyable bit of 50s B-movie. 7/10

Now watching.

Old 20th January 2021, 10:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Amityville Toybox. 2016.

At a 50th birthday party, Mark is given a toy monkey like he had when he was younger, the toy came from a antique shop in Amityville.

Aside from My Amityville Horror and The Amityville Haunting which i have seen before this is the last Amityville on prime, this one starts with the Defeo killings, don't let that fool you, the toy doesn't make a single move or turn up possessed, it seems to draw a man's father back from the dead and encourages his son to kill. The acting is very laughable how i got through the 70 minutes of this film is a wonder, only decent thing in this film was watching the big busty lass almost busting out of her top.

Gonna check out the new version of The Turning.

MV5BOWUzZTkyYTEtZDJmYy00YTUzLTkwMTgtNTM3MmYwOThjYjZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIwNzg2NjA@._V1_.jpg
Old 21st January 2021, 12:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Turning. 2020.

A young governess is hired to look after a young girl but when her problematic brother returns from boarding school, things take a unexpected turn and secrets of the house emerge.

Based on the book The Turn of the Screw by by Henry James, which was a strange read but interesting and more darker, the film was darker...even with the lights off it was still a bit too dark to see what was going on. The old lady in the book and film certainly deserves a slap, the young boy Miles definatly needs discipline but if you read the book you understand why he behaves the way he does. This is not the best take on the book it wasn't masterly made suspenseful but the acting was decent.

the-turning-ending.jpg
Old 21st January 2021, 01:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Elvira's Haunted Hills. 2001

Elvira and her maid stop at a castle en route to Paris discovers she resembles the dead wife of the count who owns the castle.

Total parody of the old gothic haunted castle films we all love, every sinlge take has a cliche in it that resembles the old films and a small nod to The Pit and the Pendulum film and some fourth wall breaking which is hysterical. Richard O' Brien seems to take a nod at Boris Korloff role as the not so creepy count but does wonders with his eyes through sunglasses. This does make up for the naff films over the last two days. Anyway probably bored you all so Mr B is off to his coffin, take care all nighty night.

MV5BZjk1NTNmMTctMGMxZi00MGJmLWFlMGItM2I0OWQ1OTExMzQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_.jpg
Old 21st January 2021, 03:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Bloody Murder 2: Closing Camp (2003)

Set a couple of years after the utterly bollocks Bloody Murder (2000), Bloody Murder 2 is more of the same.

Fortunately this time they decided to use actors, realised a slasher film would benefit from some gore and threw in some nudity courtesy of Tiffany Shepis going starkers four times. I love Tiffany, she's a force of nature and just as she is here, a golden ray of sunlight in a world gone to shit.

A vast improvement on the first film, but still extremely derivative. The plot's identical in that Huddersfield mill owner Trevor Moorhouse turns up to kill the dim witted folks at Camp Placid Pines.

Absolutely nothing you won't have seen many times before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71bSomW5caL._RI_.jpg (85.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st January 2021, 07:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Heathers. Winona Ryder hates her own friends, her school's elite clique of snobbish "Heathers", but is still somewhat taken aback when her new boyfriend Christian Slater's idea of bringing them down turns out to be murder. This darkly comic high school satirical comedy thriller remains an anarchic blast from start to finish.
Old 21st January 2021, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dracula. 1931.

After a estate agent arrives at the castle of Dracula and succumbs to his powers, they both travel to London for the Count to take a bride.

Apart from some of the scenes and production set, this is what true horror is, not for the Bram Stoker character but the acting of Bela Lugosi portraying the character, watched this film upteen times and still get the chills. Dwight Frye as Renfield is picture perfect for his role and almost steals the show with his acting as a raving lunatic. Edward Van Sloanis always a peasure to see him in any film but this one makes him more superior as Van Helsing and having hits wits pitted against Dracula.

Even in black and white it has that dark brooding Gothic atmosphere in Castle Dracula with it's dark, damp web filled areas and even in the cellar it has that cold chilled factor that makes it look eerie.

dracula.jpg
Old 21st January 2021, 11:22 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Dracula. 1931.

After a estate agent arrives at the castle of Dracula and succumbs to his powers, they both travel to London for the Count to take a bride.

Apart from some of the scenes and production set, this is what true horror is, not for the Bram Stoker character but the acting of Bela Lugosi portraying the character, watched this film upteen times and still get the chills. Dwight Frye as Renfield is picture perfect for his role and almost steals the show with his acting as a raving lunatic. Edward Van Sloanis always a peasure to see him in any film but this one makes him more superior as Van Helsing and having hits wits pitted against Dracula.

Even in black and white it has that dark brooding Gothic atmosphere in Castle Dracula with it's dark, damp web filled areas and even in the cellar it has that cold chilled factor that makes it look eerie.

Attachment 230761
OK, I think this might be one of the most unpopular opinions I've ever posted but I hated this. I thought Lugosi was terrible and Frye I couldn't take seriously at all. I laughed out loud quite a few times at how bad I thought it was. I also found it incredibly boring and thought the ending was massively anti climatic. My mate nearly disowned me when I told him this. Please don't hate me. And be gentle.
Old 22nd January 2021, 04:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnashsear View Post
OK, I think this might be one of the most unpopular opinions I've ever posted but I hated this. I thought Lugosi was terrible and Frye I couldn't take seriously at all. I laughed out loud quite a few times at how bad I thought it was. I also found it incredibly boring and thought the ending was massively anti climatic. My mate nearly disowned me when I told him this. Please don't hate me. And be gentle.
Where's my pitchfork and torch Tbh This version and Hammer Horror 1957 film are both on my top list of Dracula, everyone has their favourite Dracula movie.

Like this? Share it using the links below!