Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2021, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Terror Train. 1980.

After a party prank goes wrong three years earlier the students are stalked and killed on a party train by a unknown masked killer.

Another slasher killer movie that happy drunk horny teens seem to be the victim from the early 80s, it has a creative idea of having the teens on a moving train in costumes that the killer assumes the costume each time. Jamie Lee Curtis stars as the damsel in distress but also as the karma victim who was in on the prank but was never aware how far the prank would go. May not be for everyone but it's a nice movie to come back to every once in a while.

Terror_Train.jpg
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:22 AM
Cult Addict

Seeing as people were debating Dracula and ~Frankenstein films, or at least saying favourites then i have to say Bela,is a solid count but the films too slow, my favourite Bela vampire film is the "Return of the vampire" not necessarily Dracula in name but might as well be and it's goofy as hell with his wolfman sidekick and the War setting is unusual.

Actual favourite Dracula film is either Dracula, Prince of darkness, Dracula has risen from the grave or Blood for Dracula because they are either the ones i remember watching most as a kid or are just entertaining.

The one i think is the best as a proper adaption is the Louis Jordan BBC job.

I'm with Dem on my favourite Frankenstein films, the original Karloff or Frankenstein must be destroyed, although i've warmed to Frankenstein and the monster from hell since the Blu release as it's ****in nuts, and also features Madeline Smith.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:33 AM
Cult Addict

Also thinking about it my favourite Hammer Dracula scenes are from other films, I love the Peter Cushing running along the table scene from the first Hammer Dracula and also the intro coach battle from Dracula A,D 1972.

Old 23rd January 2021, 12:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Us. 2019.

A family's beach holiday turns into a nightmare when they begin to be terrorised by the doppelgangers.

I went in to this film with no high hopes and came out with no high hopes, the premise of it was just a bit daft but there are those who believe we have doppelgangers around us and they do watch us. They ending is a bit messed up with the secret bunker/facility so basically everyone was cloned one way or another and time to be let loose on the world, even after having 10 minute nap I don't think i missed anything and caught up on it quite quickly.

US_N_VR.jpg
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:38 AM
Cult Addict

...And i have to say that i rewatched the Nosferatu remake the other day, and in my mind both Nosferatu films strike a chord with me and there's no denying they are Dracula adaptions, these are i think the most haunting/affecting versions of all, maybe not that much fun but both versions are eerie and linger in the mind.

Old 23rd January 2021, 12:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
...And i have to say that i rewatched the Nosferatu remake the other day, and in my mind both Nosferatu films strike a chord with me and there's no denying they are Dracula adaptions, these are i think the most haunting/affecting versions of all, maybe not that much fun but both versions are eerie and linger in the mind.
Klause Kinski basically nailed it with his version of Nosferatu and able to keep a stare that freaked me out, I watched Vampire in Venice that is still bad but good. The original Nosferatu will always be a classic film to me.
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:07 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post

I'm with Dem on my favourite Frankenstein films, the original Karloff or Frankenstein must be destroyed, although i've warmed to Frankenstein and the monster from hell since the Blu release as it's ****in nuts, and also features Madeline Smith.
For a long time Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell was my fave Frankenstein movie closely followed by The Revenge of Frankenstein but for whatever reason Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed has come out of nowhere these last few years to become my favourite.
Old 23rd January 2021, 02:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

iamyourfatherdocumentary00.jpg
I AM YOUR FATHER (2015)

Documentary film with Dave Prowse as he talks about his role as Darth Vader in the Star Wars Original Trilogy. Dave talks about his role in Star Wars and also playing The Green Cross Code Man.
Dave speaks about how he was blamed for plot leaks in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi and not being invited to any official conventions.
Including interviews with producer Gary Kurtz, associate producer Robert Watts and Daily Mail staff who confirm that it was not Dave who leaked information.
The crew also set out to refilm the unmasking of Darth Vader but with Dave instead.
Old 23rd January 2021, 02:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

More pick and mix ahem .....

Brain Damage (1988, Frank Henelotter)

Nice to see it intact after all this time. The heartwarming tale of a boy and his parasite
Still mad as ****, as if he thought "I've made Basket Case, I can go one further though ..."

Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night (2010)

Yep, you read that right. "Inspired" by Peli's success, here come de exploitation. Not as much of a carbon copy as I had feared, but the scares are all fudged, one sequence leaving me in tears alright ... of laughter
Ahem.

Cemetery Of Terror (1985, Ruben Galindo Jr)

A lot of fun this as it stood. Plus Stiglitz. His "sexy" image is the scariest thing here tbh, well, keep watching
Slightly daft, but there are tropes galore to tick off, so entertainment on any level ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 24th January 2021 at 09:16 AM.
Old 23rd January 2021, 03:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnashsear View Post
OK, I think this might be one of the most unpopular opinions I've ever posted but I hated this. I thought Lugosi was terrible and Frye I couldn't take seriously at all. I laughed out loud quite a few times at how bad I thought it was. I also found it incredibly boring and thought the ending was massively anti climatic. My mate nearly disowned me when I told him this. Please don't hate me. And be gentle.
I agree with some points , Lugosi was laughable and agree on Frye but it's far from terrible think the Spanish version is superior in nearly every way, it's biggest problem was it was just so slow and boring.

Like this? Share it using the links below!