LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2021, 09:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 230871

A young fashion designer living with the scars both physically and emotionally of a car accident which took the lives of her parents Sarah's trauma is about ti get a while lot worse. After discovering she was invited to a party by a guy she really likes but his invite wasnt genuine he was put up to it by her friend. Sarah storms out of the club and is involved is an horrific accident leaving her face disfigured. In pure desperation Sarah takes part in an experimental plastic surgery that will have dire side effect and give her a thirst for something she has spent her life avoiding.

The Soska must have been under so mich pressure when they took it upon themselves to do this film an iconic director and a big influence on them. Did they buckle under the pressure lets find out.

The simple answer is no they didnt blow it the films is well acted and very beautifully shot there is a great use of colour and lighting especially the use of red representing the overall theme of blood in the film. The gore effects look great maybe the torso fingernails rip looked a bit ropey but generally everything looked really nice horrific and realistic. There were a couple of scenes where i though peoples reactions were a big stupid mainly the face reveal from under the bandages after the accident but hey its a horror film not 24 hours in A&E

Over all i found it to be a fun film with some great gore im really glad to own this and i will watch it again no doubt. As a big fan of American Mary and how good this turned out i will definitely have to check out See No Evil 2 and i look forward to see what The Soska Sisters do next.

7/10

Little personal side note just my view of course if you hate remakes thats your opinion this is just my view.

Its always tough going into a remake of any film let alone a film you love but you have to be open minded and put the original to the back of your mind at least until the film is over to let yourself have an opinion. Years ago i was the sort of person that felt it was blasphemy and all that bollox to do a remake but i have been willing to give remakes more of a chance the past few years and there are some that are really good so no point missing out by having a narrow mind at the end of the day the originals we all love are always going to be there.
To me this is a remake in name only. I'm not a big fan of remakes but i see this as more of a re-imagining - basically taking the title of a classic movie then doing something different with it.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 26th January 2021, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
SCREAM FOR HELP 1984 Michael Winner

Outrageous Stepfather outing (Which was written by Tom Holland) and released three years before the Terry O'Quinn outing.
Winner's film is done in the same sort of style as his later Dirty Weekend with most of Holland's script binned and some OTT setpieces replacing the suspense.
In the extras interview he really puts the boot into Winner!

I loved it.It's a keeper and I highly recommend it for fans of the late Death Wish man.
If you ever wondered what a sleazy and violent episode of Knots Landing would look like,then look no further!

It's something else, isn't it? I watched agog.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th January 2021, 11:04 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Full Monty

A group of unemployed men from Sheffield become unlikely Strippers. This is a very funny film with plenty of humorous moments. Thinking now that The Producers would probably like to change 1 song from it's Soundtrack now.
I'm the Leader of the Gang, perhaps?
Old 27th January 2021, 11:46 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Gestapo's Last Orgy (1977)

The story, and i use the term loosely, of a beautiful Jewish woman formerly an abused prisoner at a concentration camp, who lures the commandant back to it's ruins many years later to make amends for his hate crimes.

Recently deemed unsuitable for the public's consumption by the BBFC (I can see why but i don't agree with it), Gestapo's Last Orgy is one of the stronger Nazisploitation flicks. The opening forty minutes is pretty relentless in it's atrocities towards the Jewish female prisoners, scene after scene of sleaze and violence, so much so that it became both boring and also slightly laughable.

In one scene female prisoners are burnt to death in giant ovens, whilst the next Nazi's have a banquet on the flesh of unborn Jewish babies before dousing a woman in cognac and cooking her alive in a human shaped cooking pot... I could go on. The fact it's all done with so much hatred of a specific race who the Nazi's persecuted so terribly, namely the Jews, that it would only take one BBFC member being Jewish and viewing this to understand why it was not given a certificate. Again. Especially in today's political climate.

The effect it had on me was to desensitize me to the violence and the lack of anything resembling a story meant it also became boring. Schindler's List this is not.

I did laugh at the scenes of a naked female hung upside down over what looked like Siberian Hamsters who were ready to feast on her face. Those little fellas really made me miss the two i used to have. Sadly i had to get rid of them when they ate the dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gestapo's_Last_Orgy.jpg (97.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 27th January 2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:50 PM
Cultist

The Blair Witch Project.

Sadly it spawned many a shite shaky cam found footage crappy horror film but it really is a great piece of film making. It has you sitting there in your bed, covers up to your face, shitein' yersel at a pile of rocks and some twigs.
Old 27th January 2021, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
The Blair Witch Project.

Sadly it spawned many a shite shaky-cam found footage crappy horror film but it really is a great piece of film making. It has you sitting there in your bed, covers up to your face, shitein' yersel at a pile of rocks and some twigs.
saw this at the cinema and thought it was rubbish and never seen it since, so I'm due for a rewatch to see if I might think different now.
trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 27th January 2021, 02:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
saw this at the cinema and thought it was rubbish and never seen it since, so I'm due for a rewatch to see if I might think different now.
Tried watching this a dozen or so times but just get to about 20 minutes and switch off every time.
iank likes this.
Old 27th January 2021, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night Shadow. 1989.

A T.V news anchor woman returns to her hometown for vacation and soon the townsfolk start being killed.

I have never heard of this film before and came across it on Youtube, this one seems to be on a very low budget, that starts off with a loose killer who seems to be stalking the journalist making his next target but turns out to be a werewolf movie, there is some decent effects used but not overly done and why have a wannabe Bruce Lee character mixed in has me thinking. Not the best werewolf film but entertaining.

MV5BMjA3MTIwMDM3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzM2ODk1MDE@._V1_.jpg
Old 27th January 2021, 03:13 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Tried watching this a dozen or so times but just get to about 20 minutes and switch off every time.
It's definitely an absolute love it or hate it film, but I've always liked it, always found it creepy and scary and quite unique for it's time.
I'm sure there are plenty I just can't think of the now but there can't have been too many horror films where you actually see fu*k all in terms of the "bad guy"
gag likes this.
Old 27th January 2021, 03:34 PM
Cult Master

MV5BZTFhMDViMTYtOWE3ZC00MmM5LTgxZmEtNzc2NjAzZDJmMTc5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTEwNDY2MjU@._V1_.jpg

Its halloween night and there is a killer clown on the loose. There friends are hunted tortured and mutilated by the deranged clown and thats the story its just that simple no back story nothing just stalking and slice n dice the end

This was a fun film there is no bs just straight to the point gore and plenty of it. The acting is questionable but nothing that i found annoying. The gore effects looked great and the kills were all enjoyable especially the upside down one There is absolutely no character building or character progression if you just want to literally switch your brain off and not have to thing at all then this is for you. Hard to get into any details with a film that has none just gore gore and gore

7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!