Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2021, 01:00 PM
Thompson

Wink

Today, I watched most of You're Next. It's not bad.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th January 2021, 06:04 PM
Cultist

The 88 Films thread got me in the mood to re-visit an old slasher so I went for

Used to have this on DVD with the picture near to unwatchable. Managed to download what I presume is the blu ray rip and it looked really good.

Totally bang average slasher film apart from that belter of a scene on the frozen lake.

Last edited by John Matrix; 28th January 2021 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Image was far too large!
Old 28th January 2021, 06:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
The 88 Films thread got me in the mood to re-visit an old slasher so I went for

Used to have this on DVD with the picture near to unwatchable. Managed to download what I presume is the blu ray rip and it looked really good.

Totally bang average slasher film apart from that belter of a scene on the frozen lake.
Best thing about this film is John Vernon other than that its not very enjoyable.
Old 28th January 2021, 06:21 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Best thing about this film is John Vernon other than that its not very enjoyable.
Aye he's a right sleazy prick in it. It's certainly not one of the best.
Old 28th January 2021, 06:42 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
Aye he's a right sleazy prick in it. It's certainly not one of the best.
Always brings an element of class to a film
Old 28th January 2021, 07:13 PM
Cult Master

p51025_p_v8_aa.jpg

Paul and his girlfriend Martha receive a strange and disturbing radio message of a man getting murdered. Martha is sure its a joke but Paul is adamant that they track the signal and investigate knowing the cops will never believe them. The couple end up at an old house with an other group where 25 years previous a family was slaughtered. When one of the friends is murdered the cops hunt the friends off the land but they are no believing the cops story that the grounds keeper was the one that killed their friend.

Right from the get go we are treated to some great kills and gore and the film continued down this glorious path the whole way through. There is a real mixed bag when it comes to the acting mostly is good but a couple of characters are terrible like Martha is so wooden and the graveyard caretaker was pretty hilariously bad going from pissed drunk to explaining the whole background of strange happenings going on at the old house like he never touched a drop of alcohol in his life I loves the number of conveniently placed murder weapons just thrown about the place there seems to be one to suit every occasion from garden sheers under a painters covers to a hammer is the mortuary not sure I'd want that guy working on any of my loved ones after they passed on

I will be returning to this many times in the future for sure.

7/10

Can anyone tell me what other film this soundtrack was used in i recognised it straight away.
Old 28th January 2021, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have you seen a thing called either The Crawlers or Contamination 7 (1993) N?

Isn't something from Demons in it as well??
Nordicdusk likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th January 2021, 08:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have you seen a thing called either The Crawlers or Contamination 7 (1993) N?

Isn't something from Demons in it as well??
Thats the one D just watched the trailer and its in it cheers.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th January 2021, 08:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm the Leader of the Gang, perhaps?
Yep that'll be it, no idea what the Producers of Joker were thinking.
Old 28th January 2021, 09:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Jackass The Movie

With stunts that could not be shown on TV, The Jacksass Gang appear in their 1st feature length theatrical release. Some really funny stunts which involve Johnny Knoxville Boxing Butterbean in a Department Store as well as blowing a Air Horn when Golfers are about to Tee Off. Also the looks on their faces when they realize what they have let themselves in for are priceless e.g. Johnny Knoxville reacting to the Riot Control Gun demonstration before he was about to be used on him and Ryan Dunn's face at the Women Kick Boxer, he was about to face was priceless.

I definitely like the stunts but not the gross out ones. Watching this gave me memories of watching the show in the 2000's, this is definitely the best of the 3 films. These guys were the pioneers of this particular genre.

Number 2, I didn't like because it featured too many gross out scenes but 3 was good.

Thank You For Smoking

Intelligent film in which Aaron Eckheart is the lobbyist for Tobacco Companies. His sarcastic wit shines through in a film that doesn't insult the viewer. This film has great performances all round especially from Eckheart and William H. Macy as the Politician who wants to put warning signs on Cigarettes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtm.jpg (10.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tyfs.jpg (12.3 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!