Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179031Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Freaky. Oh dear. This 2020 bodyswap comedy horror looked at least moderately appealing from the trailer, but I found everything from the characters to the style supremely obnoxious and irritating. And this was like one of two movies from last year I had any interest in...
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

zombie-3-poster.jpg

After transportation of a biological weapon is ambushed by a terrorist group the casing is broken in the pursuit and the carrier is infected. He hides out in a nearby hotel and starts to infect its guests. The military track him down and massacre everyone in the hotel to stop the spread but then they come up with the bright idea to burn the corpse and the virus becomes airborne.

Zombie 3 is an absolute blast its so hilarious and pretty nonstop madness. The dubbing is blood hilarious my favourite line is definitely

"I cant remember her name but i remember her tits"

This film always puts me in the best mood there is so much fog in this film and that one scene where a guy appears from a shed with a smoke machine before disappearing before anyone notices Then one of the soldiers does this crazy random forward flip over a table for absolutely no reason. Blood guts bursting boils puss gore whats not to love there isn't a dull moment from start to finish. Special mention to the amazing soundtrack i have to get a copy of it.

9/10
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:39 PM
Cult Master

91WjENkyJDL._RI_.jpg

As a birthday present a kid decides to clean his dads hunting rifles but accidentally shoots and kills his mother. The boys father hits the bottle pretty hard and has numerous breakdowns. Years later the son is grown up and in collage he receives a call from his father asking him to go and lock up their beach out for the winter he is pretty reluctant to do it but his friends convince him to take they trip with them in tow obviously. A weekend at the beach beers and sex what else could you want...... some sex at least would of been nice

The bloody teens or young adults or settled mid 50s mid life crisis group of collage kids or what ever they are supposed to be are the most boring dry group off asshole you could find. Sharing a six pack between six people no dope no sex playing monopoly and hid and go seek in a small beach house the fun never stops with these clowns . As soon as a chore chart is pulled out i would of been out of there ASAP. The first guy that dies has the most over the top death milking his screen time for all it was worth plus he delivers his lines like a bloody cave man. Its not all bad acting just so many lame choices like the hide and go seek she hides behind a cool box on the kitchen table she is just sitting there making no effort what so ever . I dont care if your budget is 5 bucks you could still walk up stairs and get under a bed or sit in the wardrobe . The while group is just lame as F**K.

All that said i love this film the gore and kills are all brilliant its just so entertaining.

8/10
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 231442

After transportation of a biological weapon is ambushed by a terrorist group the casing is broken in the pursuit and the carrier is infected. He hides out in a nearby hotel and starts to infect its guests. The military track him down and massacre everyone in the hotel to stop the spread but then they come up with the bright idea to burn the corpse and the virus becomes airborne.

Zombie 3 is an absolute blast its so hilarious and pretty nonstop madness. The dubbing is blood hilarious my favourite line is definitely

"I cant remember her name but i remember her tits"

This film always puts me in the best mood there is so much fog in this film and that one scene where a guy appears from a shed with a smoke machine before disappearing before anyone notices Then one of the soldiers does this crazy random forward flip over a table for absolutely no reason. Blood guts bursting boils puss gore whats not to love there isn't a dull moment from start to finish. Special mention to the amazing soundtrack i have to get a copy of it.

9/10
Now did Vipco and/or 88 Films release this as Zombie Flesh Eaters 2?
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Witness. 1985.

Young Amish boy Samuel and his Mother take a trip to the city and head to Baltimore. While waiting for their train, Samuel goes into the restroom and witnesses a murder, John Brook is assigned to the case and tries to protect both Rachel and Samuel from corrupt cops.

This was more heartwarming drama thriller rather than a big crime thriller which is what i was expecting, and still enjoyed it. Harrison Ford plays John Brook who as a outsider is unwelcome bu the community yet tries his best to warm up to the Amish ways. Kelly McGillis plays the widow to Samuel played by Lucas Haas who seem out of their way heading to a city and see strangers. Peter Weir delivers a powerful dramatic love story with a crime element added in with a clash of cultural differences mixed with a nice background score Maurice Jarre.

witness.jpg
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ugly Truth

Katherine Heigel is the uptight TV Producer who's Morning News Show is in ratings trouble so her bosses bring in a vulgar Relationship Expert played by Gerard Butler. They but heads but reach the inevitable climax. I found this to be very funny with Butler showing his versatility.

Unthinkable

Michael Sheen is a Terrorist who's been captured after planting 3 Nuclear Bombs. Samuel L. Jackson is the Interrogator who's methods are extreme and Carrie Ann Moss is The F.B.I Agent who doesn't improve.

I found this in a CEX as I was loading up on cheap films in case of emergency and this film is awesome, Jackson excels as the psychotic maniac using numerous torture methods, Sheen is awesome as always and Moss plays her role as well. It is graphic and it does make you think on whether such methods are necessary to avert Terrorist Incidents.

The Odds

A low budget film with 2 main characters and 3 minor ones which sees a woman participate in a Pain Endurance competition (Willingly tortures herself) which is broadcast on The Internet.

Never heard of this film before today and I enjoyed it, the 2 main leads are really excellent, it's tense and brutal in places. Other than a couple of plot holes and the finale is slightly long, worth seeking out if you are into this sort of film (Don't let the 15 certificate put you off)

Pulse (1988)

A man, his girlfriend and his son move into a house but it appears that a surge has cause the household items to try and kill them. I wasn't too sure about this one regarding getting the Blu-Ray because I originally thought that it would be outdated but after watching the trailer, I was intrigued and whilst not the greatest film I've seen, it wasn't bad either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ut.jpg (8.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg u.jpg (10.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg to.jpg (11.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg p.jpg (12.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

You've sold me on Unthinkable, Nicholas. I'll order a cheap copy on Music Magpie, see what it's like.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deadly illusion (1987, Larry Cohen/ William Tannen)

Billy Dee Williams? Vanity?? Morgan Fairchild???

Ahem. A man called Hamburger is framed for a murder. But since it's BDW, nothing is ever that simples. It all gets a bit convoluted, but tis easily the best acting I've seen from Prince's ex
Ahem. It passed the time.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

s-l1nn.jpg
WHERE EAGLES DARE (1968)

My favourite war movie. Excellent 'boys own' adventure action film with a great cast, locations and music score.
In the past, I spoke with Ingrid Pitt about the movie and she was not happy about having to have her hair dark as Mary Ure was to be the only blonde in the film.
I also had a chat with Derren Nesbitt. He talked about the Gestapo uniform he wore and how authentic it was down to the last details.
Two and half hours of explosive entertainment. Awesome.
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:51 PM
Cult Master

MV5BZmJiMzhkZjEtMzZjOS00ZTIwLWI2N2UtODUwOGQwMjhkNDYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

A brother an sister go to their new house to prepare for their parents return from the middle east where they are working. While trying to settle in there is a knock on the door from a Texan asking about a TV that was delivered by accident to the previous owners it could be a matter of life or death they just assume that the guy is mental and they pay no attention to his warning. They soon wish they took this warning serious when they find the TV and realise its a portal for the undead.

Im going to get straight to the point i love the Video Dead its fun and over the top stupidity. The undead look great and the fact that they seem to have a sense of humour is hilarious to me. There are lots of fun kills and great looking gore especially for such a low budget movie. The acting is not great but i liked all the characters they just seem to be having fun with it all.

Cant talk about these movie without mentioning that amazing poster always has been one of my favourites and there is such a great soundtrack shame there is no release of it.

If your gonna call me boy ill just call you COW SHIT

8/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!