Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

b.jpg
SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SECRET WEAPON (1942)

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson guard an inventor of a bomb sight which will help the Allies against Germany. Holmes finds himself up against his arch foe Moriarty..
Enjoyable movie. Shame they made Watson such a bumbling fool in these Universal movies.
Old 23rd February 2021, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hangar 10 (2014, Daniel Simpson)

FF.
3 clods roam around the forest surrounding Rendlesham, if you know the name, you can guess the rest. If you don't, then enjoy as this was certainly one of the better UK efforts (see also Invoked and The Borderlands ahem).
Yes, there's the usual tramping through woods, lack of signal, eerie noises, but the ending was reasonably impressive imho.

Now I've found another Nathan Schiff flick, so I'll be back 8sh

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd February 2021, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Masque Of Red Death. 1964.

Evil Prince Prospero, Holds a Gala Ball for his friends and offers them shelter from the plague Red Death that swoops the near by village.

Classic Corman/Price collaboration that is entertaining from the start and finish, with Price Price being amazing as always with his method of acting that makes you like and hate him at the same time. Hazel Court rejoins the duo from The Raven as Julianna who wants to serve Prospero and do anything for his bidding. Jane Asher plays Francesca, local villager taken by Prospero.

I was a bit excited for the new release as this has always been a favourite of mine and never get bored of watching it and which included the extended cut, sadly the extended didn't exactly thrill me, the dream sequence was longer and more appealing but the colour tone has changed, some bits more darker and bright colours that were used seemed lighter and a strain on the eyes.

022414masque_of_red_death_poster_031.jpg
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:52 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BYTZiMDRkZGUtZDJjNi00NDlkLTg2MzctOWIxMTkyNTAyZWU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Amazing documentary with directors actors special effects people and fans of 80s horror and i love the fact its over 4 hours long the time just flew by watching it. It goes into the movies the make up the villains the hero's and the soundtracks everything you would want. The only thing i hated was the one guy from Dead Meat youtube channel just seems like a complete asshole everyone else is so natural talking this guy is fake as f*** and he actually comes across more like someone there just to take the piss out of horror screw that guy. The rest is awesome.

10/10
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Dead Snow (2009)

I've lost count how many times i've now seen this delicious slice of Norwegian Nazi zombies in the snow mayhem.

It's gory as hell and thrilling viewing as decaying German zombies search for treasure they stole from residents during the war in the snow capped mountains as some unwitting twenty somethings on vacation get in the way. Playing out as both a serious horror and a black comedy, thankfully the comedic elements don't take away from the full on splatter whilst the cast are an engaging bunch.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:29 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dead Snow (2009)

I've lost count how many times i've now seen this delicious slice of Norwegian Nazi zombies in the snow mayhem.

It's gory as hell and thrilling viewing as decaying German zombies search for treasure they stole from residents during the war in the snow capped mountains as some unwitting twenty somethings on vacation get in the way. Playing out as both a serious horror and a black comedy, thankfully the comedic elements don't take away from the full on splatter whilst the cast are an engaging bunch.
For some reason i have never seen this.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
For some reason i have never seen this.
Oh you must seek it out. It's excellent. Easily the best Nazi zombie movie out there. Yes, even better than Zombie Lake!

You are missing out not seeing it.

The sequel is nowhere near as good because it's too much of a comedy but f*cking hell, it has zombies driving tanks in it. Yes, that's my late night viewing sorted now.
Old 24th February 2021, 12:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

You'll enjoy Dead Snow N. Who wouldn't ??

Ahem.

The Long Island Cannibal Massacre (1980, Nathan Schiff)

A family affair.
Antisocial types Zed and Bruce patrol the shoreline looking for girls. But their intentions aren't savoury
Featuring some familiar music from another film from 1980 just unsettled me even more.
Yes, it's more ramshackle than a shackle of rams, and does feature at least one sequence that puts it up there with Maniac and Nightmares In a Damaged Brain ...just, but only if you squint furiously
Lovely end song.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th February 2021, 01:05 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Oh you must seek it out. It's excellent. Easily the best Nazi zombie movie out there. Yes, even better than Zombie Lake!

The sequel is nowhere near as good because it's too much of a comedy but f*cking hell, it has zombies driving tanks in it. Yes, that's my late night viewing sorted now.
Its on Shudder or Prime will watch in awhile.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 24th February 2021, 06:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

No. This is just wrong. I rewatched it last night and absolutely loved it. Yes, even more than the original. I guess it was because i knew what to expect but thankfully had forgotten much of what happens.

Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead (2014)

After being underwhelmed on my initial viewing when this originally hit dvd i steered clear of it for seven years. Last night was my first revisit and i bloody loved it.

The film ups the ante in every respect. More gore, a hell of a lot more zombies and some absolutely laugh out loud moments of black comedy.

Without going into too much detail for those who haven't seen it or those of you like myself who simply forgot how events unfold i won't go into detail but the movie follows on directly from the original as the sole survivor ends up in hospital with zombie General Herzog's arm stitched on in place of his own arm which he lost during Dead Snow.

We are introduced to the awesome Zombie Squad - three geeks who find out about the zombies and fly over from the States to help out (Two of the Squad are the hottest geeky girls i've ever seen) - as the Nazi zombies steal a Tiger tank from the local WWII museum - the way they fuel it is so, so funny - and go on the rampage taking revenge on the nearby town who betrayed them during the war. From then on it's pure ****ing mayhem all the way and if you ever want to see kids playing in a sand pit crushed by a Tiger tank piloted by zombies then this is the film for you. Oh, and Star Wars fans should love it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26a5d95a951b40aa64a8f9b0ca7018e6.jpg (96.3 KB, 1 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!