Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2021, 10:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Its been years since i last saw Blind Fury i need to watch it again.
I love Blind Fury. A Rutger film i wish would get a UK release is A Breed Apart.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 27th February 2021, 12:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Captain Kirk is targeted by an old enemy thirsty for revenge even as a device that could be used to create - or destroy - life on a planetary scale falls into his hands. The second ST film with the original cast is still a thoroughly enjoyable adventure. *
Old 27th February 2021, 01:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

3704957.jpg
GO KART GO (1964)

Film by The Children's Film Foundation.
A fun movie in which a group of Go Kart kids go up against a rival team to win a race competition. Of course the bully gang get up to all sorts to stop the kids winning and the kids have to come up with all sorts of plans to stop thier Kart being sabotaged. Stars a young Dennis Waterman and Fraiser Hinds.
Old 27th February 2021, 01:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Echoes of Fear (2018)

Following the death of her grandfather a young woman inherits his house, deciding to do it up and sell it on she moves into the place. She soon begins to hear strange sounds and movements from the corner of her eye...

I'm not going to say anything else plot wise.

I thought this was a tremendous low budget horror film. It's so much more than a typical modern supernatural piece and it's scary. Proper edge of the seat stuff. It's beautifully made and acted and the sense of dread is there from the off. Thankfully the atmosphere is sustained throughout and the many scares on offer aren't the typical crash bang wallop studio style jump scares.

Rather than speedy editing and jump cuts the camera is allowed to quietly explore the house from interesting angles meaning the jumps and chills work very effectively.

Although Echoes of Fear seems to set out on a well worn supernatural path with it's scares eroded by the generic likes of Blumhouse it becomes clear after a while that this is an original suspenseful take on the genre which builds to a climax i didn't see coming, a climax that was very satisfying indeed.

Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v3_sqs.jpg (69.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 27th February 2021, 05:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

car-wash-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg
CAR WASH (1976)

Great comedy following the crazy day in the lives of employees at a car wash.
The movie deals with their personel problems and also how they have to deal with the various customers who stop by.
Music by Rose Royce and The Pointer Sisters.
Old 27th February 2021, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 231556
CAR WASH (1976)

The movie deals with their personel problems and also how they have to deal with the various customers who stop by.
Been years since I’ve seen this, but I remember I enjoyed it maybe its due for a watch.
Dave Boy and nicholasrope like this.
Old 27th February 2021, 06:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 231556
CAR WASH (1976)

I'm sure I saw that as a 'B' movie when it was first released

Can't remember what the 'A' feature was tho

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th February 2021, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Confetti

British Comedy Mockumentary which sees 3 different Weddings compete for most original. The competition is organized by Confetti Magazine whose editor is played by Jimmy Carr. The Weddings consist of a Musical, Tennis Themed and Nudist. The Nudist couple are the funniest. It's not bad, goes on for too long for my liking. TBH, it would have been better off, if it was a TV Special.

Uptown Girls

Britany Murphy is the Trust Fund Child of a dead Rock Star but loses all of her money therefore she has to take a job as a Nanny of a bossy, germophobe, older beyond her years 8 year old played brilliantly by Dakota Fanning. Found it in a Pound Shop, it's nothing new, you can tell what it's going to be like by looking at the cover but it's short and decent.

Damage

Steve Austin is recently paroled and takes up Fighting in order to pay for a Heart Transplant of the Daughter of the man he killed. I believe that this is the best Austin Film out there, plenty of Action and he's highly believable. Walton Goggins co-stars as his Manager.

Other Guys

Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are sidelined Detectives who investigate a Bank Robbery. Funny in places but I got bored after a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg co.jpg (11.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ug.jpg (12.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg d.jpg (13.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg og.jpg (12.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 27th February 2021, 09:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ice Spiders. 2007.

In the mountains of Utah, A young Ski team are in training while close by a secret government lab testing out new Arachnids escapes.

I had no high hopes for this, and I knew the CGI effects would bring shame on it and seeing Patrick Muldoon take on giant insects again may be a laugh but the plot wasn't that bad, okay one or two characters were really needing punched. For a T.V. Movie you get what you are watching not exactly big budget, but for a free movie on Youtube it kept me quiet.

jmsfi-8ZS8XZYVM68-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1595864411320._SX1080_.jpg
Old 27th February 2021, 10:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Way of the Morris (2011)

A documentary film by Game of Thrones actor Tim Plester exploring the roots of Morris Dancing in Adderbury, Oxfordshire.

For those who don't know, Morris Dancing is a display of dance and music performed at seasonal festivals and holidays to banish the dark of winter, celebrate the warmth and fertility of summer, and bring in autumn's golden harvest.

Plester explores his family background in the rural tradition of the English folk dance from the fifteenth century especially Adderbury's links with WWI in which many of the dancers at the time were killed. Also looked at are the rural folklores of Morris dancing and the way it is seen and derided in the present day. The film also offers contributions from folk / punk singer Billy Bragg and folk legends Fairport Convention.

I was a Morris dancer whilst at school and performed at several local fairs and festivals. Despite the quaint look and feel of it all to an outsider it's a very physical exercise and it was possible to get some painful cracks to the hands and limbs when doing the stick routines.

This documentary brought back a lot of great memories when i watched it late last night. Anyone who is interested in rural traditions, folk lore and Wyrd England could do a lot worse than give this a look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WOTM-vimeo.jpg (99.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 28th February 2021 at 10:02 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!