Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179451Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2021, 02:35 AM
Cult Addict

If thats Adderbury you're referring to you spelt it wrong,(twice) i used to live near there and had a girlfriend who lived there, in fact it's where i lost my cherry, as it was.

But that's another story.
Justin101 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 28th February 2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 28th February 2021, 10:01 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I thats Adderbury you're referring to you spelt it wrong,(twice) i used to live near there and had a girlfriend who lived there, in fact it's where i lost my cherry, as it was.

But that's another story.
Seems like i did spell it incorrectly.

However i'm blaming Google because if you type in Way of the Morris to the search engine then the second link down (the official link i might add) well, you'll see for yourself.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 28th February 2021, 10:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beast Of Blood (1970, Eddie Romero)

I find it's best to change things up now and again. After nearly a week of watching idiots who can't hold their cameras straight, it's a joy to delve into the comforting world of the static shot. This being a broad church, my first option was this. To be brutally honest, there is nothing like an ER production imho. It looks like a film, even sounds like a film, but once you poke your head behind that curtain ....
Others may just see a tatty exploitation flick. I still have a smidgen of wonder left (see, I keep it in this box ) so will extrapolate whatever I want (waaaaaaah me aesthete!! )
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th February 2021, 12:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Beast Of Blood (1970, Eddie Romero)

I find it's best to change things up now and again. After nearly a week of watching idiots who can't hold their cameras straight, it's a joy to delve into the comforting world of the static shot. This being a broad church, my first option was this. To be brutally honest, there is nothing like an ER production imho. It looks like a film, even sounds like a film, but once you poke your head behind that curtain ....
Others may just see a tatty exploitation flick. I still have a smidgen of wonder left (see, I keep it in this box ) so will extrapolate whatever I want (waaaaaaah me aesthete!! )
Ahem.
I love all the Eddie Romero films i own. Brides of Blood, Mad Doctor of Blood Island, Beast of Blood and Black Mama, White Mama. Especially those Filipino horror films.
Old 28th February 2021, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hell House LLC. 2015.

In Abaddon, New York, 2009 a haunted house tour opened up, and 15 people were killed due to a mechanical fault. Five years later one of the owners Sarah resurfaces with CCTV tapes and a journalist investigates on what really happened.

I have been putting off watching this for a while as it seemed like another boring found footage movie, this was entertaining, ok the acting is a bit naff but they do try to make it believable. There is one or two decent jump scares as well as some blink and miss moments although the camera work is a bit shaky. The back story to the building is some what explained but not fully explained, I almost thought this was going to be set up like Richard Laymon's book The Midnight Tour with something eerie or lurking in the basement but it goes down a darker route. Will be checking out part 2 and part 3 of these movies.

Hell_House_LLC_poster.jpg
Old 28th February 2021, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

indexvv.jpg
THE MAN WITHOUT A BODY (1957)

Bizzare and confused movie!
A wealthy businessman has an inoperable brain tumor. He meets a doctor who has kept a monkeys head alive using the brain of a monkey that had been dead for six years.The doctor says the brain will change back in to the personality that the monkeys head had before!
After seeing the wax figure of Nostadamus and hearing about him, the businessman sets about stealing the head of the real Nostradamus from his tomb so that the dead brain can be revived and put inside his head.
The head of Nostradamus is revived and starts talking. Then all hell lets loose and eventually the head of Nostradamus is grafted on to the body of a dead lab technician..
Bat sh*t crazy but you can't stop watching!
Old 28th February 2021, 07:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Doctor Sleep. Struggling with personal demons, a grown-up Danny Torrance finds himself forced into a showdown with a group of psychic vampires that feed on those who possess what he calls "the Shining". Ewan McGregor and Rebecca Ferguson star in this 2019 adaptation of the Stephen King novel. This was the Director's Cut on Blu ray, which is even longer than the theatrical at nearly 3 hours - but you know what? I didn't really notice anything new, the pacing is spot on and the film kept me enthralled from start to finish. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Old 28th February 2021, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hell House LLC 2: The Abaddon Hotel. 2018.

In 2014 a documentary was released about the build up of the house from being a hotel to a Horror House Attraction and the result in which 15 people died. A investigative journalist and two of her team along with a man called Mitchell who viewed the tapes from Sarah, along with psychic Brock and his cameraman decide to venture in to The Abaddon and find some answers.

This had a good premise just like the film Grave Encounters 2, same building, people getting messages from the place or strange people and decide to check it out, but turned out Grave Encounters was crap, this had potential to be good but lack the great ending, the acting was a bit better except for two people who can't act to save their life and way OTT with a death scene. good build up and some good scares like the first it's not awesome though.

I probably should have mentioned this with the first film my bad, there is some flashing imagery, if anyone has epilepsy that can be caused by flashing lights be advised.

MV5BYTA2YmExODUtYzRlYi00ZDE4LThlZWYtNjY5YmYyMWFmZmRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE4NTYyNjM@._V1_.jpg
Old 28th February 2021, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hell House LLC 3: Lake Of Fire. 2019.

10 years have passed since the Hell House Incident, The Abaddon Hotel is due to be demolished, one person has bought the house and land to create a new attraction INSOMNIA, with a new journalist documenting the start of the project to the opening night.

This really isn't a found footage film as such even though there are bits from the first two installments added in, there really isn't much jump scares more blink and miss moments added with some suspense and some little twists to the story of the owner and a theme of Heaven and Hell. The acting is a bit better in this except from one of the lead actors who seems a bit flat and wooden, this is a bit better than the second installment. These are films I would watch again at some point.

MV5BYTIzNTBiOGQtNDI1OC00YTcyLThhOTQtNTk4OTQwZWUxMGUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE4NTYyNjM@._V1_.jpg
Old 1st March 2021, 01:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Incident In A Ghostland. 2018.

Two sisters and their mother inherit a house in the backroad area, that night their home is invaded and the occupants go through a traumatic deal. Years later, Beth a successful novelist receives a call from her sister Vera who is in a paranoia state, she goes back to the home and soon the nightmare from the past may come back.

This was a different kind of horror, I never saw the trailer and went into it blind, you can look at the title and believe you are going into a haunted house, which it is but a haunted house with twists and turns. Pascal Laugier manages to bring a film that may not be memorable than his 2008 film Martyrs but certainly can leave a mark on it. Crystal Reed and Annastasia Phillips play the adult Beth and Vera while Emilia Jones and Taylor Hickson play the younger girls, all actresses must have endured alot but are able to pull off a decent psychological horror film.

MV5BYTk2ZjMwZDMtYWU4NS00NWFjLTg1MzQtNWFjZDlmOTQ4YThkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU3NTI0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!