LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:53 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
I liked the fact that the 2 teens being bullied were getting payback after each incident, not letting everything pile on top and just get their revenge at the end.
I thought the attacks were a little bit tame and the film would benefited from a bit more nastiness from the antagonists so a resolution, when good triumphs over evil, is either one of relief or celebration and a bit more meaningful.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

corridors-of-blood.jpg
CORRIDORS OF BLOOD (1958)

Surgeon Boris Karloff experiments with anesthetic gas to to make his operations pain free. When his demontrations go wrong, he becomes obsessed with continuing the experiments with gases on himself and becomes addicted them.
When he is forced to leave his position, he gets involved with a gang of criminals who offer to help steal the chemicals he needs in exchange for signing death certificates for people they have killed..
Good movie. Not really a horror movie despite the title but has a host of familar horror film faces throughout.
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:04 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 231609
CORRIDORS OF BLOOD (1958)

Surgeon Boris Karloff experiments with anesthetic gas to to make his operations pain free. When his demontrations go wrong, he becomes obsessed with continuing the experiments with gases on himself and becomes addicted them.
When he is forced to leave his position, he gets involved with a gang of criminals who offer to help steal the chemicals he needs in exchange for signing death certificates for people they have killed..
Good movie. Not really a horror movie despite the title but has a host of familar horror film faces throughout.
Not really a horror movie?

Christopher Lee as Resurrection Joe is terrifying.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, okay. Those scenes are pretty chilling and Christopher looked sinister.
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)

A first time viewing and it didn't really do anything at all for me. A definite product of it's time that seemed incredibly dated.

One line did make me chuckle though.

Evil Duke : Put them in the iron maiden.
Ted : Iron Maiden?
Bill , Ted : Excellent!
(Both play air guitar)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61wAtGt9HGL.jpg (70.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Long Good Friday. 1980.

A London gangster limits is tested by a unknown threat, that for 24 hours his life may spiral before a deal can be made for a new partnership with American businessman.

This is the first time ever seeing this film and certainly won't be the last, from start to finish this film had me hooked, Bob Hoskins is brilliant as the mob boss Harry Shand who thinks people are moving in in his territory until he realises who it is. Helen Mirren plays Harry's wife and throughout the film you can tell how she has a hold of everyone around her.

Probably back then this would have been classed as somewhat violent film where as today it's mild but there was one scene I didn't expect was between Jeff and Harry on his boat which some may remember it. Even at the end how the camera focuses on Bob Hoskins face as a young Pierce Brosnan smiles at him with a great background score by Francis Monkman.

MV5BYzY5ZjU2YjctMDkwNi00YzNhLWEwMTctZWRlMzJiNmFmM2IxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_.jpg
Old 4th March 2021, 01:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hunt. 2012.

Divorcee Lucas lives in a small Danish town as a nursery teacher, one day his young pupil and neighbour of his friend concocts a lie that spirals out of control and soon Lucas's life is turned upside down.

This was a very powerful movie, you can feel the empathy for Lucas, a lonely man trying to get over one thing and as soon as he is settled then his life is thrown into turmoil. Mads Mikkelsen plays the lead role brilliantly as he is kept in the dark about what has been said then he finds out what has happened.

The film can be a bit tough to watch with the nature of the story and decent acting from all but we do get some satisfaction even for Lucas delivering a good headbutt to someone that had me cheering. With a mixture of Danish and English language this is one to watch without any distractions.

the-hunt.jpg
Old 4th March 2021, 12:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

s-l1600hhhh.jpg
EDUCATING RITA (1983)

Julie Walters, unhappy with many aspects of her life, enrolls in a university course in English literature. She gets assigned to teacher Michael Caine who himself is quite jaded by life in the university and is drinking heavy..

Excellent movie which I saw quite a few times at the cinema.
The film won three British Academy Awards for best Film, actress and actor, and quite rightly so.
Old 4th March 2021, 06:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

spaceways-1953-sci-fi-howard-duff-dvd.jpg
SPACEWAYS (1953)

An engineer in a British space programme is suspected of murder when his wife and her lover disappear. As a rocket was recently sent in to orbit, it is suspected that the two bodies are onboard..
Entertaining early Hammer sci fi mystery directed by Terence Fisher.
Good and tense ending which on first viewing has you thinking "Wow, surley they are not going to end it like that"!
Old 4th March 2021, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Twins Of Evil. 1971.

Gustav who leads a group of brotherhood witch hunters in early 17th century, his two orphan nieces have arrived to live with him and soon one falls prays to the evil Count Karnstein.

This film combines some good hallmarks of the Hammer Horror, Vampires, Witches, Devil Worshipping, all along side a dark gothic atmospheric castle surrounded with foggy grounds, dark forests and graveyards. Peter Cushing excels himself as always as Gustav, a religious fanatic who believes he is doing the lords work in ridding the village of evil.

Mary and Madeleine Collinson play the young twins, one good one evil and seem enchanted by Damien Thomas as the count, his portrayal as a vampire is not the best but does work at times even though he seems wooden. David Warbeck plays the choir master Anton and somewhat hero who does have a good throwing arm.

I always thought this was a stand alone film I never realised it was part of a trilogy with The Vampire Lovers and Lust For A Vampire which will be watched back to back at some point.

Twins_of_Evil_poster.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!