Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2021, 11:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'll have to give this version a go.

The one i watched last week was set in Florence.
Smartarse.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th March 2021, 01:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Hereditary (2018)

If Toni Collette's near constant shrieking and histrionics are now what's constitutes horror then Ari Aster is the emperor and Hereditary (and Midsommar) his new clothes.
Old 15th March 2021, 02:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Hereditary (2018)

If Toni Collette's near constant shrieking and histrionics are now what's constitutes horror then Ari Aster is the emperor and Hereditary (and Midsommar) his new clothes.
I really wasn't a fan of this one, Dem. It was alright but the huge hype it had was just a letdown. Found it to be more of a drama with a few shocking moments in, until the end.

Watched the Italian Animal Attack horror, Wild Beasts at the weekend. It was pretty damn insane with some great trashy gore! PCP gets into the water supply of a zoo, turning the animals into rampaging killing machines, high on drugs. Some highlights include *Spoilers: an elephant stomping someone's head, a fricken polar bear attacking kids, tiger in an underground train station, a cheetah chasing down a speeding car - so much fun! Health and safety be damned.

It's basically the Italian Jumanji. Thankfully, there's only a few scenes of real animal violence, which is surprising coming from the director of Mondo Cane during the Cannibal movie craze. Great totally bonkers fun otherwise.

Old 15th March 2021, 03:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hereditary (2018)

I thought it was a brilliant, eerie, and occasionally shocking film about a family being (literally) devastated by grief.

That said, I also loved Toni Collette's performance, possibly the best of her career, and thought Midsommar was (and is) a compelling and unsettling viewing experience, so read into that what you will.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 15th March 2021, 03:57 PM
Active Cultist

SAS Red Notice. And I will never mention this film again.
Old 16th March 2021, 12:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Void. 2016.

After picking up a battered and bruised man, a police deputy takes the man to a hospital that has limited staff and sees people in a white shrouds outside that is linked to a mysterious cult and a night of survival begins.

First time seeing this and it feels like something H.P. Lovecraft would have thought up, hands down to the directors for bringing back old school effects and not CGI we always seem to get in horrors. The monsters in this are like something you would see in Silent Hill but felt like the doctor was a skinless Uncle Frank from Hellraiser, even a guy being chased by a monster seems to be a homage to it, aside from the plot it was ok but confused by the ending.

maxresdefault.jpg
Old 16th March 2021, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Entity Project (2019, Jandae Percem)

A group of female idiots traipse off to a house where a couple used to perform exorcisms for a documentary.
FF.
Yes, there is "titty"
Yes, they've been told "you're alllll dooomed!" by the local priest
But gotta make that movie!!
Hilarious. Invoking elements of TBWP and The Conjuring, whilst adding bugger all new to the trope, I can't wait to see how this one ends

As a Demon, I do find the fact that we are always portrayed as evil is slightly racist
Am I cancelled then?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th March 2021, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wolverine gets involved in conspiracy involving a Japanese man and his company he saved from the nuclear blast in Japan in the second world war. Things are made difficult when he loses his healing ablity. 7/10

Past and future clash when Wolverine is sent back in time too save the mutants and humanity from extinction. The quicksilver scene is probably the best bit of the movie. 7.5/10

The world's first and most powerful mutant is resurrected, mutants both good and bad must team up to save the world. Like the last movie the quicksilver scene was the best in the movie. 6.7/10

While not bad it could of been a lot better, it's biggest problem is Sophie Turner as Jean Grey who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, simply dreadful . 5/10

James Mason plays a scientist who believes there is a passages inside the earth. A enjoyable and colourful adventure from a more innocent time, all these years later after watching it as kid I still remember the dinosaur which are iguanas with fins taped too their backs. 7.5/10

Now watching some classic Arnie at the top of his game.

Old 16th March 2021, 09:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I really wasn't a fan of this one, Dem. It was alright but the huge hype it had was just a letdown. Found it to be more of a drama with a few shocking moments in, until the end.

Watched the Italian Animal Attack horror, Wild Beasts at the weekend. It was pretty damn insane with some great trashy gore! PCP gets into the water supply of a zoo, turning the animals into rampaging killing machines, high on drugs. Some highlights include *Spoilers: an elephant stomping someone's head, a fricken polar bear attacking kids, tiger in an underground train station, a cheetah chasing down a speeding car - so much fun! Health and safety be damned.

It's basically the Italian Jumanji. Thankfully, there's only a few scenes of real animal violence, which is surprising coming from the director of Mondo Cane during the Cannibal movie craze. Great totally bonkers fun otherwise.

I was quite interested in this one until I saw about the real animal violence.
Old 16th March 2021, 09:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Raw. 2016.

Justine is sent to veterinary school to join her sister, her and her first year classmates called "Rookies" are put through initiations. Justine being a vegetarian is given some meat and soon develops a taste for human flesh.

This was a strange film that seemed to get so much hype build up yet this failed to shock me, yes it was entertaining to see Justine crave meat like a vampire needing blood even the some what little added twist at the end was unexpected and a nice touch, the acting was well done and a few turns mixed in, think this is best watched with a open mind,

raw.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!