All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179623Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2021, 11:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Fox and the Child (2007)

A girl becomes friends with a fox in the French Alps and they go on little adventures together until the entitled brat thinks she can put a leash on it and take it home. To be fair it's only the last couple of acts where she becomes an irritant, she was perfectly acceptable until then.

Beautifully filmed and photographed almost fairy tale like charmer of a movie. If you enjoy films such as The Bear, Fly Away Home and this directors March of the Penguins then i'm sure you'll like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Fox_&_the_Child.jpg (20.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 11th April 2021, 12:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Top Secret! Val Kilmer is an 80s pop sensation dragged into espionage while touring East Germany. This mid 80s spoof comedy from the makers of Airplane! and The Naked Gun movies isn't as famous as those but is still very, very funny and perpetually rewatchable, with all the gags and lunacy that you'd expect.
Old 11th April 2021, 02:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Chocolate Mousse

REWATCH
trebor8273, nosferatu42 and iank like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2021, 07:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Fox and the Child (2007)

A girl becomes friends with a fox in the French Alps and they go on little adventures together until the entitled brat thinks she can put a leash on it and take it home. To be fair it's only the last couple of acts where she becomes an irritant, she was perfectly acceptable until then.

Beautifully filmed and photographed almost fairy tale like charmer of a movie. If you enjoy films such as The Bear, Fly Away Home and this directors March of the Penguins then i'm sure you'll like this.
Unfortunately I find this scenario highly unlikely,and I would worry for the child's health,foxes can carry intestinal worms, flukes, lungworm, heartworm, ticks, mites, fleas, protozoans, bacteria and fungi. Some of those of greatest concern owing to them being zoonoses (i.e. can be transferred to humans) include Toxocara canis (dog roundworm), Echinococcus multilocularis (hyatid worm).....also a friend of mine tried to stroke a fox once and was nearly bitten....also they attack chicken coops.....I once saw a farmer chase one through a pub car park with a shovel..(the farmer had the shovel not the fox)

Old 11th April 2021, 12:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

The very last movie watched on my Cambridge dvd player of eleven years. And what a way to go out!

Trick r' Treat director Michael Dougherty really knows how to frame a shot and although the movie is a CGI FX fest Dougherty gets so much more out of the medium than the majority of blockbuster directors. How best to describe it?

Godzilla: King of Monsters is like every great heavy metal album cover from the 80's brought to life in a motion picture. It was an absolute joy for these eyes to take in. I haven't seen the first Godzilla film but understand there wasn't much monster action during the first half, well that's rectified here with the monsters or 'Titans' as they are referred to, in action from the beginning of this two hour film. All the titans looked impressive especially the three headed King Ghidorah and of course Godzilla himself.

For what in other less capable hands i'd be suggesting this was a CGI shitfest this movie has a strong cast of acting talent such as Vera Farmiga, Zhang Ziyi, The West Wing's Bradley Whitford, Charles Dance who is seemingly morphing into Christopher Lee in his later years and the always excellent Ken Watanabe, meaning all the scenes without Titans are as engrossing as those with.

I really wasn't sure what i'd make of this movie but took a chance on it and it was a chance well worth taking. I loved it.
Old 11th April 2021, 12:54 PM
Cult Addict

I quite liked the first Godzilla, but it was a bit too dark at points and needed a bit more monster action, i also enjoyed that Kong, Skull Island job but this one was my favourite, as long as there's some cool monster action i'm happy, i don't go into a Godzilla film expecting an amazing story.

Really want to see the new one but when i looked it was about 15 quid to rent, at that price they can fack orf.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 11th April 2021, 12:59 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I quite liked the first Godzilla, but it was a bit too dark at points
That's because, being made in 1954, it was made in black and white!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th April 2021, 01:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Slaxxs looks like a Mickey take in fabric style, in Fabric is one of my fav films in recent years.
If only it had a shred of Peter Strickland's imagination and sense of the weird... it's more like something silly from the nineties with a bit of 'contemporary attitude'. I suppose I do commend it for trying to take on the weighty issue of The West's ugly corporate dominion... in the context of living jeans with a thirst for blood, though.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 11th April 2021, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted F. I may watch with that Craft remake

Masochistic Demon

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2021, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jason Bourne. 2016.

When Nicky Parsons hacks into the C.I.A. database and retrieves information, C.I.A. Director Dewey puts a trace on Parsons that will draw out Jason from hiding and soon he finds things relating to his past and his father.

This may not be the best entry to the film's franchise but it's not horrible, Matt Damon steps back in the shoes of Bourne who seemed to come to agreement with himself as to who he is and living off the grid quite happily being in underground fights. Tommy Lee Jones plays Director Dewey who creates his own agenda with others around him who want to bring Bourne in but Dewy wants him out. The film does lack the tension the previous film had but does make up with some high octane action sequences, aswell as being some fast paced it's like the film makers tried to cram everything in for the running time with pieces not making much sense.

MV5BNmE0YjJlNzctZjdiMy00ZWZmLWIzYzYtMGIxNDNjZDkxZmQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE5NzI0NDM@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!