Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2021, 11:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Childs Play 2. 1990.

After the events of what happened to Andy and his mum, Andy is now in foster care while his mum is in a psychiatric unit when the police don't back up their story, the Chucky doll is rebuilt and soon follows Andy.

This is a decent sequel although Catherine Hicks, Chris Sarandon and director Tom Holland didn't return. Brad Dourif returns his voice as the good guy doll Chucky, Alex Vincent reprises his role as Andy Barclay along side Jenny Argutter and Gerrit Graham as the foster parents who don't believe Andy's story till its too late and Chucky goes on his murder spree, this one seems to have more blood splatter in it than the previous film. There is different versions of this film that is longer and more content of the teacher getting killed, still a fun movie to watch.

MV5BM2Y0NGNiNGItYzYzOS00NDk0LTkzNWUtMGZjMjc1NWM4MzE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
Old 5th May 2021, 01:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watched that Lockout, the Guy Pearce thing. Laughed a lot at Gilgun's "accent" . What a load of nonsense twas.
Does Maggie Grace do nothing but get kidnapped during her career or what?
I actually like Lockout. I love Snake Plissken and am fully on board with also owning an unofficial film. btw I'm not surprised that John Carpenter won a plagiarism case in the French courts.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th May 2021, 06:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I actually like Lockout. I love Snake Plissken and am fully on board with also owning an unofficial film. btw I'm not surprised that John Carpenter won a plagiarism case in the French courts.

Really? I did get that Escape vibe even though the box proclaims it to be Die Hard in space . Noted all the same.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th May 2021, 09:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Rohl Farm Haunting (2013)

A rural take on a certain home invasion flick, so the title is either some attempt at misdirection or they changed their minds during production

Jessica's Room (2013, Erik J Wright)

Hilarious possession caper. Cheap as chips. A film crew investigate the events that led up to 5 deaths the previous year in a suburban house. The acting is ... sub par to say the least, so I just treated it as a comedy.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th May 2021, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Really? I did get that Escape vibe even though the box proclaims it to be Die Hard in space . Noted all the same.
Yeah, Luc Besson was ordered to pay around 450,000 euros to Carpenter. It's also worth noting that a third Snake Plissken film (which obviously unfortunately never came to be) was to be called 'Escape From Earth.' btw Kinda funny that front cover blurb about Die Hard in space when it so clearly borrows from John Carpenter.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 5th May 2021, 04:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Child's Play 3.. 1991.

8 Years have passed since Andy faced Chucky for a second time, Andy now a teenager is enrolled in military school, Chucky has been rebuilt and sets out to find Andy again.

This one has always been a hit and miss with me, even though it does look like a darker chapter to the franchise with Chucky have a more creative way of killing people, just at times it feels parts can drag on at times. Justin Whalin takes over from Alex Vincent as Andy, with Brad Dourif reprising his voice as the devil doll with the red hair. Andrew Robinson appears as the military barber who seems to be a bit of a bully while cutting hair and gets his comeuppance in a good way.

unnamed (3).jpg
Old 5th May 2021, 07:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Willy's Wonderland. 2021.

A drifter agrees to take a job to clean up a family amusement centre and his car will be fixed, locked in the animatronics come to life and the drifter and teens who try to get him out fight for their lives.

I'm not a huge Nicholas Cage fan, only seen The Rock, Con-Air, Face/Off and the dreaded The Wicker Man, this one is a decent film he has done cos he doesn't say a word, it does show his decent acting skills at fighting. The film is daft, cheesy, stupid yet it was brilliant, the acting may not be great but the actors do try and make it entertaining.

MV5BOTc3ZjVkYTYtMDZiMC00OTliLWE3OTEtYjY5NTBmNGJjYTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDExMzMxNjE@._V1_.jpg
Old 5th May 2021, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Probably still the weakest of the prequels which is thanks largely too the pacing and the cringe inducing way the romance of Anakin and Padmé is handled and the usual star wars bugbear dreadful dialog. But we have Jango Fett even if he loses his head quickly , R2 and C3PO starting there love affair , Christopher Lee whom always brings class to any role and Yoda kicking ass, thankfully a lot less of Jar Jar whom is now partially responsible for wiping the Jedi out.

Now watching.

Old 5th May 2021, 08:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Willy's Wonderland. 2021.

A drifter agrees to take a job to clean up a family amusement centre and his car will be fixed, locked in the animatronics come to life and the drifter and teens who try to get him out fight for their lives.

I'm not a huge Nicholas Cage fan, only seen The Rock, Con-Air, Face/Off and the dreaded The Wicker Man, this one is a decent film he has done cos he doesn't say a word, it does show his decent acting skills at fighting. The film is daft, cheesy, stupid yet it was brilliant, the acting may not be great but the actors do try and make it entertaining.

Attachment 233080
You are for getting the awesome T-shirts. ..

Old 5th May 2021, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
You are for getting the awesome T-shirts. ..
my bad, how many times did he had to change T-shirts? and have about 4-5 breaks

Like this? Share it using the links below!