Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2021, 09:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I too really liked Hellraiser Judgement.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 17th May 2021, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Was going to Watch Joe Bobs drive anyone seen it and is it anygood or are just better just watching the movie.
If you find him funny/entertaining then it's a good way to watch the film, it'll have little 'ad breaks' where he and his co-host will have a chat about the film which can be quite good fun. They go off on a tangent sometimes lol.

I think he has guests as well sometimes, I'm sure I watched the Castle Freak one and Barbara Crampton was interviewed.
trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th May 2021, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Last Exorcism Part II. 2013.

17 year old Nell tries to move on with her life after what happened and soon realises she can't escape the clutches of the past.

The first film is by no means a classic, yeah it was a enjoyable but not the greatest but did a sequel have to be made, have the makers tried to rip off Exorcist 2: The Heretic or something? Girl been possessed, gets help and tries to move on but the demon keeps following her. This seems to lack any tension or building up to any suspense or am I missing something.

s-l640.jpg
Old 18th May 2021, 01:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

PSYCHO. 1960.

A Phoenix secretary fleeces her boss and heads to her lover in California, on the way she stops off at a hotel run by a shy man and his domineering mother.

No matter how many times I watch this, Anthony Perkins performance just gets better and better as the quiet mild mannered hotel owner Norman Bates who seems dominated by his mother,who we never see until the plot twist at the end that seemed to come from nowhere when I first saw this years ago with the suspenseful music by Bernard Hermann.

Janet Leigh plays the young secretary Marion Crane who seeks refuge in the hotel and believes she has a change of heart at what she has done and decides to do the right thing until she steps in the shower in one of the best kills in a film from this era, obviously she sees the killer but Hitchcock uses great light effects and we don't see the face of Mother.

Martin Balsam plays the private investigator who questions Norman about Marion and the missing money and goes snooping around the Bates house looking for answers. The moment he steps in the house your practically saying "get out and don't go up the stairs" then it becomes too late.

Alfred Hitchcock always knew how to make a very tense and suspenseful movies with his creative mind and use of light and cinematography and able to build up the character of Marion and Sam at the start of the film and follow her to her demise. This is one film that never let's the audience down just gets better, sadly the remake never matched the original,

3840x2160-2021-02-17T161905.256-scaled.jpg
Old 18th May 2021, 10:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Been hearing a lot of good things with Hellraiser: Judgment. I haven't seen any of the straight to DVD sequels, does this one hold up as a stand alone movie or do I have to see any of the others?
Old 18th May 2021, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

F/X 2: Deadly Art Of Illusion

Bryan Brown is reluctantly helping out a friend catch a killer but after another double cross, he is on the run again assisted by the now Private Detective Brian Dennehy. A really fun sequel, slightly better than the original.

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway

The original gang is back and this time Peter runs away after being accused of being a troublemaker and hooks up with a East End criminal Rabbit and his gang. More of the same really, if you liked the 1st one, you'll probably like this. If you didn't like the 1st one, you'd probably wouldn't like this one.

Mortal Kombat

The reboot which sees a cross worlds battle for Earth supremacy. TBH, the reviews are right for this one, the fight scenes are really good but the story isn't, not all the characters are here and most of the film is trying to find the good guys powers (Much like they were X-Men) Kano was funny but unless a sequel is due to be released then this one may be worth a recap nothing else really, for me it's watch but forgettable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fx2daoi.jpg (16.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pr2tr.jpg (12.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg mk.jpg (8.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 18th May 2021, 11:17 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Been hearing a lot of good things with Hellraiser: Judgment. I haven't seen any of the straight to DVD sequels, does this one hold up as a stand alone movie or do I have to see any of the others?
It's stand alone.
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 18th May 2021, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran

Good to know, I was interested too, watched the Doug Bradley sequels, but not the new guy.
nicholasrope likes this.

Old 18th May 2021, 11:36 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Good to know, I was interested too, watched the Doug Bradley sequels, but not the new guy.
I don't think it's the same guy as the first non-Bradley film.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 18th May 2021, 11:43 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't think it's the same guy as the first non-Bradley film.
Was that previous one any good? I'll buy them on iTunes when they're around £5, trying to not fill up my physical collection with DVDs and non-boutique releases really running out of space now hah.

Like this? Share it using the links below!