Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2021, 03:35 PM
Cult Addict

I've seen plenty of classic stuff on original release such as Star Wars, Raiders, E.T etc.
But only a few on Re Release which were Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Exorcist when they were finally allowed back on screens, and I also saw Rocky Horror Picture Show on a late night screening and a bad print of Evil Dead 2 at a cult film club screening.
It's a nice feeling seeing films on the big screen when you know that most people are there because they already appreciate the film.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 18th May 2021, 03:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just checked the paper i always wrote on what we'd seen and Vertigo was the other.
Justin101, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 18th May 2021, 03:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I've seen plenty of classic stuff on original release such as Star Wars, Raiders, E.T etc.
But only a few on Re Release which were Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Exorcist when they were finally allowed back on screens, and I also saw Rocky Horror Picture Show on a late night screening and a bad print of Evil Dead 2 at a cult film club screening.
It's a nice feeling seeing films on the big screen when you know that most people are there because they already appreciate the film.
We saw The Exorcist when it was re-released and A Clockwork Orange.

My favourite was seeing Bram Stoker's Dracula on it's opening night at midnight. That was at Bury Warners multiplex.
Old 18th May 2021, 04:08 PM
Cult Veteran

I saw TCM on it's re-release too, I was the only person in the screen and it was my first ever viewing, to say I was a nervous wreck when I came out is an understatement

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th May 2021, 04:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Snap, seen same films as you. before 2000 I use to go cinema a lot,
Superman, all Tarantino early films, still go now and again but nothing grabs me as much as films pre 2000.
Old 18th May 2021, 05:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan. 1982.

Captain James Kirk has his wits pitted by a old adversary Khan Noonien Singh who Khan believes that Kirk killed his wife and is now after a life generating device called Genesis.

I have never seen this all the way through and always saw the ending to it when it was on T.V. so never got the full experience to accept it, now that I have watched and i'm slowly warming up to the films. In a age of the 80s with no CGI it is amazing to see old school effects which still are being appreciated and not over done. William Shatner and the crew of The Enterprise are all in top form with their acting, Ricardo Montalban acting is never over the top and looks like he had a good time playing a nemesis of Starfleet.

startrekii.jpg
Old 18th May 2021, 06:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan. 1982.

Captain James Kirk has his wits pitted by a old adversary Khan Noonien Singh who Khan believes that Kirk killed his wife and is now after a life generating device called Genesis.

I have never seen this all the way through and always saw the ending to it when it was on T.V. so never got the full experience to accept it, now that I have watched and i'm slowly warming up to the films. In a age of the 80s with no CGI it is amazing to see old school effects which still are being appreciated and not over done. William Shatner and the crew of The Enterprise are all in top form with their acting, Ricardo Montalban acting is never over the top and looks like he had a good time playing a nemesis of Starfleet.

Attachment 233307
I'm currently umming and arring about getting the Star Trek movies on blu. £30 for the original ten films. Bit of a no brainer really i suppose.

Not bothered about the three with Pine and co. They aren't proper Star Trek as far as i'm concerned.
Old 18th May 2021, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm currently umming and arring about getting the Star Trek movies on blu. £30 for the original ten films. Bit of a no brainer really i suppose.

Not bothered about the three with Pine and co. They aren't proper Star Trek as far as i'm concerned.
HMV had Star Trek II and V in a sale for £2.99 each, i'm in no hurry to buy them, I did enjoy the Pine movies, Chris Pine is no William Shatner but Karl Urban and Zachary Quinto do make decent Spock and Bones.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 18th May 2021, 06:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A man goes looking for his brother who has disappeared , he ends up looking for him in a small village and ends up staying at local land owner Christopher Lee home, strange things start happening as he looks for his brother and is plagued by strange and psychedelic nightmares. We also have Boris Karloff as a local historian, we even have a scene in which the brother not long after entering Lees house mentions he expects Boris Karloff too appear and low and behold he does, Michael Gough is his usual mincing self as a butler and we also have Babara Steele as the witch. Enjoyable with a great cast.

Next which never seen before.

Old 18th May 2021, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

It's a good box set I bought it a few years ago and have watched it through a couple of times since, loads of special features as well.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!