All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2021, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I wasn't big on Prom Night either. Kinda baffled by its reputation to be honest; in every respect Terror Train is better.
I agree, Terror Train was more better and bit more suspenseful
trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 25th May 2021, 03:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

'Army of the Dead', Netflix.
Not sure how many movies you can 'borrow' from, before being called out on it.
Terrible writing and direction. Can't really comment on the acting because it's hard to tell if the performances are bad, or if it's just the writing?? FX are pretty good, but too over the top to really have an impact.
Half a star, though I'm not really sure if it deserves it.

'Das Boot', Directors cut, German bluray.
A magnificent film. Tense, exciting and completely absorbing. Seriously, the 208 minute run time flys by.
Right up there with Apocalypse Now, as far as my favourite war films go.
(Reminds me that I really need to re-watch 'Downfall')
Five stars, all the way.
Old 25th May 2021, 07:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Scorpion King

I saw this at the cinema and at the time I had just gotten back into WWE so I had to see this.

Here I think The Rock picked a decent debut of a film to star in but I think he was conflicted. He plays an Arcadian who are mercenaries in the days of old and he gets paid to kill the sorceress and the evil bastard Nemnom.

But upon meeting her he decides to save her and kick arse, here he does a few wrestling moves like a kick up and a basic bodyslam.

Its fantasy and not great but a guilty pleasure of mine and I think he was conflicted in the sense of kids watched WWE and hence he had kid fans, so if he picked an 18 rated film with an Arnie type vibe, Commando like for example, then the kid fans couldnt go and see it. Hence he picked a fantasy film rated 12.

Overall give it a watch
Old 25th May 2021, 07:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
'Army of the Dead', Netflix.
Not sure how many movies you can 'borrow' from, before being called out on it.
Terrible writing and direction. Can't really comment on the acting because it's hard to tell if the performances are bad, or if it's just the writing?? FX are pretty good, but too over the top to really have an impact.
Half a star, though I'm not really sure if it deserves it.

'Das Boot', Directors cut, German bluray.
A magnificent film. Tense, exciting and completely absorbing. Seriously, the 208 minute run time flys by.
Right up there with Apocalypse Now, as far as my favourite war films go.
(Reminds me that I really need to re-watch 'Downfall')
Five stars, all the way.
I watched the 5hr of das boot few week back, it is a pure masterpiece and surprising how quick the time went, it’s all about making you feel what it’s like to spend time and be stuck on a u boat, the tension, atmosphere, claustrophobic the boredom etc, I’ve never known 5hrs to fly by so quick .
Old 25th May 2021, 12:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

zack-snyders-justice-league-5ee0204f1c87a.jpg
ZACK SNYDERS JUSTICE LEAGUE. (2021)

This is epic. It's like watching a completely different movie.. in fact it is a different movie in all ways. The four hour run time gives the characters time to breath, fills in back stories. It's just amazing to watch, there is so much in this movie. For the most part, this movie is now serious stuff as a lot of scenes now are gone. It even contains a new music score. Awesome!
Old 25th May 2021, 03:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Seven Blood Stained Orchids (1972, Umberto Lenzi)

Finally I get to see this one, was it worth the wait? Half and half really. Glad I did get to see it as the ST is a corker and no mistake, all stinging fuzztone and the like. Antonio Sabato plays the rather bland lead, and the story could have been a tad more "convoluted", as is the case usually with giallo, but I had some fun whilst watching this so would return eventually ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th May 2021, 04:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 233459
ZACK SNYDERS JUSTICE LEAGUE. (2021)

This is epic. It's like watching a completely different movie.. in fact it is a different movie in all ways. The four hour run time gives the characters time to breath, fills in back stories. It's just amazing to watch, there is so much in this movie. For the most part, this movie is now serious stuff as a lot of scenes now are gone. It even contains a new music score. Awesome!
It's just bizarre that Snyder can make something like this then produce the worst sort of shite like Army of the Duds!
Old 25th May 2021, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Sweeney. 2012.

Jack Regan is head of The Flying Squad known as "Sweeney", after a robbery of a jewellers he believes a old enemy has surfaced and proceeds to go after the culprit while Ivan Lewis head of Internal Affairs wants to close down the department.

Based on the 70s show, Ray Winstone steps in as the character played by John Thaw and Ben Drew (aka Plan B) as his partner George Carter that was played by Dennis Waterman, if you take the name out of the title and names this can be a decent film, there is a good script involved but doubt the police would be incompetent at times, but there is a nice shootout in public but not as good as the one in Heat. Think Ray Winstone has something going for himself with a sock and batteries like what he had in Scum except it was two pool balls. Entertaining enough to keep me quiet, only problem I have with the BD release is the volume seems pretty low.

the-sweeney-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg
Old 25th May 2021, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This was my first viewing. A number of murders are taking place in San Francisco various people get involved in trying to find out whom the killer is, these include the Hulk and Iron man playing a cop and newspaper reporter respectively and jake gyllenhaal as a cartoonist. As well as following the effort to capture the killer we see the effect it has on these three individuals, well acted and directed and quite informative.

Now watching .
Old 25th May 2021, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tag

If there one sure about the Japanese and their films you can guarantee the chances are they’ll be random, bizarre and know how to use they’re imagination and Tag was no exception, so if anyone seen it and know wtf went on and the storyline then please explain, I was so confused I was going to give up half way through but there was something about the film that kept me watching till the end, weird, random, and plenty action blood gore guts for the gore hounds and one of the most unusual bloody opening of a film you’ll ever see.

Like this? Share it using the links below!