Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179039Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2021, 10:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Amusement Park. 2019.

A elderly man has a trip to a park and turns into a nightmare for him.

Holy heck this was something I didn't expect, it is a horror but not in a way you would expect it to be, this is like looking at someone's nightmare. Starts off we see a man battered and bruised and over the course of 55 minutes we see how he became like that. This is like a public service announcement film on how people see and treat the elderly, a man that is a happy go lucky guy then basically mistreated and ignored by those around him. Lincoln Maanzel plays the lead character brilliantly to the point I felt sorry for him and even had to hold back the tears.

MV5BNjRmM2Q5ZDYtNjg5ZC00OWI1LWI0NzUtNWEzY2JiNDllZWRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUzODAxNDI@._V1_QL75_UY281_.jpg
Old 17th June 2021, 04:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Godzilla. 2014.

In 1999 a Japanese Nuclear power plant was hit by something mysterious, American supervisor Joe Brody lost his wife and Colleague. Several years later his son travels to bail him out of jail and they both realise that something was awaken and another creature has surfaced, which one can be a savior?

I have said it once and will say it again...This version is way better than the 1998 Roland Emmerich film. Even though the 1998 film starts off in the coast of Japan, this version starts right bang in the center of Japan which is a nice homage to the original 1954 film, cudos to the makers for that and making Godzilla resemble somewhat to the same creature. Bryan Cranston plays Joe who people seem to think he has lost the plot and slowly start to believe him when the stuff hits the fan. Ken Watanabe is always great to watch as he takes the role on as the researcher who seems to know more about the creatures and able to understand them.

godzilla-2014-5f3119c3058c2888ecbfdeb5.jpg
Old 17th June 2021, 04:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Snowtown,
Rewatched the film before I start reading the book.

I don’t get why ppl complain this film isn’t entertaining, it’s a true story of people being killed it isn’t meant to be fun or happy, Also complaining it’s grim and disturbing if you want something more upbeat then don’t watch a horror or a true story, or watch it Hollywood style after all they make films all cheer-full and happy even it’s not meant to be, if going to potray a true story you want one that pulls you in and disturbed you as well, the style and tone of this film does exactly that, doesn’t rely on gore and has little violence etc, relies on the tone of the film being grim and bleak, occasionally hints of what’s going on and using your own imagination for the rest can sometimes work even better than what you see.

Last edited by gag; 18th June 2021 at 05:45 AM.
Old 17th June 2021, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Gob on you

You do realise Godzilla is not real ?

Old 17th June 2021, 05:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i was bored rigid by it, a Godzilla film should have the big lizard in it ahem

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th June 2021, 05:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
You do realise Godzilla is not real ?
You mean Gojira ain't real...damn just ruin it for me Inspector
Old 17th June 2021, 06:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Exterminator 2

Robert Ginty is back and this time he's taking on a Street Gang led by Mario Van Peebles. I remember watching this when it was shown on Bravo ages again (Therefore I couldn't remember what happened) I rather enjoyed this, like the first one, this does have some really brutal moments.

Whilst I was watching this, I did wonder how it managed to get passed the whole Video Nasty thing.

Also the distributor, Video Collection certainly takes me back

Showtime

Action/Comedy which sees Robert De Niro has a grumpy Detective who is forced to team up with Policeman/wannabe Actor Eddie Murphy for a Reality TV show produced by Rene Russo. This Film isn't going to win awards nor will it have regular viewings but it's worth having for those every now and then kind of viewings.

Future Sport

Set in the then distant future of 2025, Dean Cain is the star of a sport similar to Rollerball. However do to an impending war, he is involved in a high stakes game to prevent that said war. Wesley Snipes (With a Jamaican accent) co-stars. I remember buying this on Video when it got released in 98 (Yes it's that old) and I did watch it quite a few times and to be honest whilst it's not a world beater, in my opinion, it still holds up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e2.jpg (15.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (13.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg fs.jpg (11.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 17th June 2021, 06:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
i was bored rigid by it, a Godzilla film should have the big lizard in it ahem
When I watched this at the Cinema, I was wondering where is Godzilla? especially since the Trailer implied it, at least the 98 version had it for most of the film.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th June 2021, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghoulies II. 1987.

The Ghoulies are let loose again this time at a amusement park where the patrons believe them to be part of the attraction and start killing off people.

While the original may not be the best but still entertaining for me, this one actually holds up as more comedy is added and may have some decent acting. Phil Fondacaro shows up as a helper for the carnival owner and helps fight off the little demons. The plot may sound thin and daft but when Royal Dano shows up at the start you know it will be a daft comical film with a few flaws but they can be ignored.

lt5wv-YJREVSJRGCT-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1569521919859._SX1080_.jpg

Has the third installment been given a decent release?
Old 17th June 2021, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Documentary on the Travis Walton abduction case, quite informative and not as OTT as most of these type of documentaries and most of the people some normal compared to the loonies on ancient aliens but can't help but think at times as it all one big hoax.

Now watching.

Like this? Share it using the links below!